Become a Patron!

I need help !!

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the trick to quitting the nasty cigs?

It's bad and I dunno what to do anymore
I can't vape anything over 3mg because it kills my throat
It's bad when you have a cigarette in one hand and some sort of mod in the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What is the PG/VG ratio of the E-Liquid you are using?

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I cant vape anything over 3mg either. I suggest getting a decent mod with an RTA and pre-made coils. You should be able to handle 35 to 40 Watts at first and ramp up from there. The only way you will get enough nicotine at 3mg is at a higher wattage or temp. This will give you more nicotine as it burns more juice. I find certain juices are hard on my throat as well. I avoid menthol and anything that has a similar zing as menthol.

I started at 40 Watts and now average between 70 and 120 depending on the juice and the day.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
as mentioned pg/vg ratio plus what sort of setup are you on? I know first hand it took a long while for me to find the right setup to be able to kick the stikies to the curb. Clouds filling my lungs is what it took to finally make the switch. Having started on some crappy pens etc

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Depends on the juice, too. I find that tea-flavored juices are really too harsh for me. Some others are borderline.

Also, stop buying the cigs. You can't smoke 'em if you don't got 'em. :)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's bad when you have a cigarette in one hand and some sort of mod in the other

The nic is not what's killing your throat it's the PG.....

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with MannyScoot. At only 3mg, it's more likely the PG that's killing your throat than the nicotine. However it could be the flavoring used in the juice or too high of wattage (assuming your PG is high). But I suspect PG first.

If you are a heavy smoker (1 pack a day or more) looking to get off cigs and vape instead, 3mg ain't gonna cut it most likely, especially if you are vaping below 20 watts.

But first you need to tell us...
  • What % the PG is in the juice you're vaping right now (if you don't know, let us know the brand and flavor...maybe we can find out from that)
  • What wattage (or voltage) you are vaping at (if you don't know what wattage or voltage, tell us what device you are using)
  • What is the resistance (ohms) of your coil

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with MannyScoot. At only 3mg, it's more likely the PG that's killing your throat than the nicotine. However it could be the flavoring used in the juice or too high of wattage (assuming your PG is high). But I suspect PG first.

If you are a heavy smoker (1 pack a day or more) looking to get off cigs and vape instead, 3mg ain't gonna cut it most likely, especially if you are vaping below 20 watts.

But first you need to tell us...
  • What % the PG is in the juice you're vaping right now
  • What wattage (or voltage) you are vaping at (if you don't know what wattage or voltage, tell us what device you are using)
  • What is the resistance (ohms) of your coil
He's probably Vaping the gas station juice that's usually 50/50..... Once I began vaping 70/30 or 80/20 it went away even at 18mg nicotine I don't feel the throat hit like a 50/50 VG/PG mix

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
True about pg guys.

I only use 3mg but always over 70 watts. The nicotine percent and watt/temp are related simply because you consume more juice per hit at higher watts/temps. I could never use 6mg at the watts/temp I use. It years my stomach up. I was never a heavy smoker either though, same reason.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He's probably Vaping the gas station juice that's usually 50/50..... Once I began vaping 70/30 or 80/20 it went away even at 18mg nicotine I don't feel the throat hit like a 50/50 VG/PG mix

I vape 50/50 and it's much thicker than that gas station juice.

I believe most "gas station juice" is usually much higher PG (like 65%+) because it's designed for low wattage gas station devices like eGos/EVODs with CE4/MT3 tanks or cigalikes.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

When I quit....I used 24mg nicotine in a pen type device, the PG/VG was 45/65....now I don't use any PG unless it's in the flavor concentrate, but still use 6-12mg nic in all devices regardless of the power settings.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Getting all upset about it is one way to NOT get it done. Stress will just make you want to smoke more. If you try to gradually replace this cigarette, then the next cigarette, then the one after that, with vaping, it gets a lot easier. Make it a competition with your self: tally every cigarette you smoke in a day, then the next day, try to smoke fewer, or at least, not more. that way it's fun and challenging, not stressful and impossible. Quitting "cold turkey" really isn't necessary. If you do the gradual replacement thing, then for the times when you REALLY NEED a real cigarette, go have it! Enjoy the hell out of it! Stop beating yourself up because you're addicted to something that very few of us could have gotten free of, without vaping.

I'd agree with what's been said regarding PG/VG, and also... you're inhaling SMOKE when you smoke... you gonna let a little VAPOR hold you back? (it's all in your head! It's your brain fighting tooth and nail to try and keep what it knows!)

Also, keep this in mind: Vaping is not really meant for smoking-cessation. It works better than anything else available, but considering how useless all that pharma shit is, that's not saying much, is it? Vaping is beneficial because once you do quit, you have a replacement for the smoking, so it helps you STAY quit -- but making the quit, that's still on you, completely down to your own determination and commitment to making it happen. It's not a magic wand, just a good replacement for smoking when the urge comes upon you. But you have to make the commitment and STICK TO IT.

Once you have actually quit, if you find that the cravings just will not stop, there's an answer for that, called Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. WTA is useless for actually making the quit; you have to do that part yourself. But WTA will completely eliminate physical cravings, once the cigarettes are completely gone.

Andria

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just can't seem to put the cigarettes down

dd5be604a269b158b26ca55449462246.jpg

465da6af111893136dc2daf8712b0309.jpg

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a feeling you're probably smoking burning cotton along with your vapor. Just a hunch.

Last edited:

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I just can't seem to put the cigarettes down

dd5be604a269b158b26ca55449462246.jpg

465da6af111893136dc2daf8712b0309.jpg

I guess my first question is how long have you been Vaping?

Your gear is very advance. G2, Hpriv and 200S. Those are high wattage / high power. Your tanks are badass too! IJOY RDTA, Big Baby Beast and TM dripper. That's not the typical beginner's setup.

But your juice is 1.5mg. Why? Maybe try 3 or 6mg in different juice brands. Maybe that brand of juice doesn't agree with you. That's happened to all of us. You're already Vaping on 80/20 vg/pg, so I don't think its the pg thats doing it.

Are you smoking and Vaping all day? Or only during certain times or events, ie dinner, driving, etc.?

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quit trying to quit.... just start vaping...... I vaped a smoked side by side for the first 6 months.... then one day I NOTICED that I hadn't smoked or bought cigarettes in a few weeks. Have not smoked since 2 years latter..

IMO today's gear us to much for smoke cessation.. my advice is buy an old nautilus tank and some 1.6 or 1.8ohm coil.. quit smoking using 10 watts or so on 15mg or higher juice. There's time to play later.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good news... I've had 3 cigarette so far
I'm to the point that I can't breathe and feels like someone is sitting on my chest ... just tired of this shit

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm meeting tons of vapers that have never touched a cigarette....

They just want make clouds and be cool like us.....

I don't get it... I got into vaping nicotine more because I was tired of buying 2 packs of Marlboro every day or 2...... the fact that vaping works is why I don't smoke anymore.... my goal now is to at some point eliminate nicotine... I doubt vaping though.. still have the habit... just less of the addictions.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I don't get it... I got into vaping nicotine more because I was tired of buying 2 packs of Marlboro every day or 2...... the fact that vaping works is why I don't smoke anymore.... my goal now is to at some point eliminate nicotine... I doubt vaping though.. still have the habit... just less of the addictions.

I got into vaping to ensure i would be around to see my grand kids when my kids grow up and have a family. I never thought vaping would work which is why i have no idea what my actual "quit" date was... i started vaping nearly 6 years ago have been 100% off analogs for a minimum of 3-4 years. Would be longer if i had started with my current setup instead of the MTL devices that were abundant when i started vaping.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All I wanted was a way to satisfy my habit indoors so I could stop freezing my ass off on the porch. Came as a COMPLETE surprise to me that it actually allowed me to quit smoking entirely. But it can't be forced, unless you want to suffer just as much as without vaping. I completely agree with HondaDavidson about "quit trying to quit" -- that's what I was getting at, with my own long-winded reply. It's not a magic wand that you wave and voila, cigarettes disappear. Just vape, and enjoy it. See how many cigarettes you can eliminate, make it fun and challenging and enjoyable. As long as you're stressing and trying to force it, it most likely will NEVER happen, because stress just makes a smoker want their usual stress-reliever: a cigarette. While you're in the process of seeing how many you can eliminate, stop being a hardass to yourself about the ones you can't -- harm reduction is still harm reduction, even if it starts slowly and modestly.

And yeah, that hardware is made for huffing, not vaping; it's never going to give you the same kind of satisfaction as a cigarette does, because you're trying to huff it with lots of airflow, and not many people smoke that way. It's really not about the nicotine; it's about replacing a behavior with another, similar behavior, but that wind-tunnel hardware really isn't similar at all to smoking a cigarette.

Andria

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I wanted was a way to satisfy my habit indoors so I could stop freezing my ass off on the porch. Came as a COMPLETE surprise to me that it actually allowed me to quit smoking entirely. But it can't be forced, unless you want to suffer just as much as without vaping. I completely agree with HondaDavidson about "quit trying to quit" -- that's what I was getting at, with my own long-winded reply. It's not a magic wand that you wave and voila, cigarettes disappear. Just vape, and enjoy it. See how many cigarettes you can eliminate, make it fun and challenging and enjoyable. As long as you're stressing and trying to force it, it most likely will NEVER happen, because stress just makes a smoker want their usual stress-reliever: a cigarette. While you're in the process of seeing how many you can eliminate, stop being a hardass to yourself about the ones you can't -- harm reduction is still harm reduction, even if it starts slowly and modestly.

And yeah, that hardware is made for huffing, not vaping; it's never going to give you the same kind of satisfaction as a cigarette does, because you're trying to huff it with lots of airflow, and not many people smoke that way. It's really not about the nicotine; it's about replacing a behavior with another, similar behavior, but that wind-tunnel hardware really isn't similar at all to smoking a cigarette.

Andria
With 18mg chain vaping, you forget a cigarette...... Quickly

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With 18mg chain vaping, you forget a cigarette...... Quickly

Even with 6mg, in my case. 18mg and 12mg both made me sick as a DOG... even with a cigalike, my lil eRoll. Once I got my 6mg, I could vape my face off and not get sick. And it didn't take long at all for me to figure out that a cigarette couldn't give me a damn thing I couldn't get from that eRoll, except a nasty smell on my hands and clothes and hair, and godawful taste in my mouth.

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
We just ordered my mother-in-law a Halo G6 ecig starter kit. With the automatic battery, it acts more like an analog so hopefully it will suit her better than the Ego AI0 did. She kept forgetting how to use it. With the Halo, hopefully that won't be an issue. Might be something for you to look into as well.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even with 6mg, in my case. 18mg and 12mg both made me sick as a DOG... even with a cigalike, my lil eRoll. Once I got my 6mg, I could vape my face off and not get sick. And it didn't take long at all for me to figure out that a cigarette couldn't give me a damn thing I couldn't get from that eRoll, except a nasty smell on my hands and clothes and hair, and godawful taste in my mouth.

Andria
And don't forget cancer too.....

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We just ordered my mother-in-law a Halo G6 ecig starter kit. With the automatic battery, it acts more like an analog so hopefully it will suit her better than the Ego AI0 did. She kept forgetting how to use it. With the Halo, hopefully that won't be an issue. Might be something for you to look into as well.

Great choice, since I don't think eRolls are available any longer. I even went back to my eRoll briefly when I had my dual-use relapse in the summer of 2014, and it's great for confusing the brain: "am I smoking? am I vaping?" :D

Andria

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm also seeing a lot of parents returning vape stuff back on eBay that their kids ordered on eBay.........

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm a 53 year old dude...... And still talk like a young punk..... I keep telling my kid.... Stop copying me. ... Dude.... ....... And he just shakes his head.....

Only as old as you feel/act right? i am the same way i act younger much of the time because life is too short to be serious all the damn time :D

VU Sponsors