Become a Patron!

I need suggestions for a simple but effective build.

EquivalentExchange

Member For 3 Years
So I recently purchased a CKS Icon200 which I love and would love to use one of my many RDAs on but it's been so long since I've used a regulated mod that I'm not sure where I should build at. I used to vape at around 80-90 watts but then I went to mechanical mods and have been using between .16ohms on my builds. Tried doing that on this, even running at around 70-75w and it's getting too hot and not really giving me much flavor or vapor. I have a Goon and Goon 1.5 and also a Druga that I've been enjoying using and was curious what would be recommended. Thanks for any assistance!

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
You using kanthal, ss, n80? Thats watt range/ohm sounds like good ole claptons/fused claptons. What build did you have running the 70 watts?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Me I'm usually around 0.19Ω with 29x2/38 SS Fused Claptons, very responsive and flavorful Vape. If you want something real simple though try 28g or 30g SS twisted

Subohmer82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
When I changed over to regulated mods from mech mods I experienced the same thing, now that a chip is controlling your build, your builds can be alot higher in ohm range, better on battery life (dual or triple 18650) and less strain on your batteries, but the best part of it all, you can go beyond the 4.2 max voltage granted your using a dual or triple 18650 regulated mod.

After vaping within the .10 to .15 range with mechs for a long time, I now build within the .25 to .35 ohm range wiith thinner wire, cool down is quicker and my rdas dont get blazing hot anymore, i'm not a clapton or exotic coil fan at all, built all different core and outer wire gauges in all the wire types and it just didnt appeal to me, I stick to my 22g, 24g, and twisted 26g, Ni80, Kanthal, and now SS316L.

My go to build at the moment is an 11 to 12 wrap of 24g SS316L or Ni80 with 3mm ID in my 22mm rdas as well as 3.5mm ID of 22g SS316L or Ni80 with 13 to 14 wraps in my 24mm rdas, when its not hot enough crank up the wattage, once its too much then back it down, just find your sweet spot, best part about using a regulated mod.

VU Sponsors