Become a Patron!

I never thought I'd quit.

RubenAlonzo

Member For 4 Years
Today last week, 3 hours and 15 minutes from now I had my last cigarette. Yesterday after work I went to the vape shop and bought some new juice and reduced my nicotine from the 12 I started with to 6. I feel good man, really good about myself and I can feel that the shortness of breath has subsided at work as well. I unmount/mount 18 Wheeler truck tires and its strenuous on the cardio.

Since I started vaping I have ALOT more stamina. I have more energy and don't stink as well as a few more bucks in my pocket. Grant it the upfront cost of my vaping gear was pricey compared to a pack of smokes but with every puff I take now, that money is increasing little by little as compared to running out with every butt.

I honestly thought I was a lost cause when it came to smoking, or damned nearly one, as I had tried and tried and tried to no avail to find relief from cigarettes. And we're all different as far as what willpower can achieve so what worked for some people may not work for others. Only Vaping, I can truly say has curbed my habit and helped me kick it.

Naysayers may say I just replaced one habit with another, and that very well may be true but there is no denying the fact that I am NOT smoking anymore. That my energy level has increased as well as the saving that I will reap from vaping apart from smoking once I have recouped enough from not smoking to justify the upfront cost of the mod and supplies.

To ANYONE thinking of quitting smoking all I can say is "You can do it, and you dont have to suffer the cravings."

Vape on my Brothers and Sisters, and THANK GOD for you all and this wonderful community for all the advice, help and support. Have a kickass weekend!!!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Well said Good Sir!

Here is the bad news..............................

Before long your sense of smell will return and you will realize how bad your car REEKS of stale smoke!

veltos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Congrats, man! I just recently past a month off cigs myself. I really like how adjustable ejuice is with nic levels. When I feel antsy I can grab my 12mg juice, for adv my 6mg is working out fine.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Today last week, 3 hours and 15 minutes from now I had my last cigarette. Yesterday after work I went to the vape shop and bought some new juice and reduced my nicotine from the 12 I started with to 6. I feel good man, really good about myself and I can feel that the shortness of breath has subsided at work as well. I unmount/mount 18 Wheeler truck tires and its strenuous on the cardio.

Since I started vaping I have ALOT more stamina. I have more energy and don't stink as well as a few more bucks in my pocket. Grant it the upfront cost of my vaping gear was pricey compared to a pack of smokes but with every puff I take now, that money is increasing little by little as compared to running out with every butt.

I honestly thought I was a lost cause when it came to smoking, or damned nearly one, as I had tried and tried and tried to no avail to find relief from cigarettes. And we're all different as far as what willpower can achieve so what worked for some people may not work for others. Only Vaping, I can truly say has curbed my habit and helped me kick it.

Naysayers may say I just replaced one habit with another, and that very well may be true but there is no denying the fact that I am NOT smoking anymore. That my energy level has increased as well as the saving that I will reap from vaping apart from smoking once I have recouped enough from not smoking to justify the upfront cost of the mod and supplies.

To ANYONE thinking of quitting smoking all I can say is "You can do it, and you dont have to suffer the cravings."

Vape on my Brothers and Sisters, and THANK GOD for you all and this wonderful community for all the advice, help and support. Have a kickass weekend!!!

Wish I could like your post several more times!

Testimonials on how much better life is with vaping vs smoking are inspirational and very, very true

Hats off to you :stars2:

Mundo

Member For 4 Years

Congratulations Ruben! For myself, everything you said is spot-on. I smoked for 40 plus years until I tried my first Vape. Coming up on 3 years next month without a cigarette.

Keep it going!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should be proud of yourself for quitting. As for other people giving you shit, tell them to piss off and worry about their own health, for most people aren't in prime condition.

Do you see the banner at the bottom of this post? When I look at it I'm always amazed by the number of cigs I haven't smoked. It blows my mind that it's thousands in such a short time. Maybe you should get one of them to remind you when you visit the forums of how much you've achieved?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Big time Congrats.....:vino:

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Great comments. I am having similar experiences with better energy and I just feel so much better physically. Today marks one month vaping without a cig and I also never thought I would stop smoking. My initial investment has grown but it's all good :shades:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I much prefer spending money on gear, to spending it on a collection of dirty ashtrays and stinking... well, everything. ;)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Fuck 'em. They have NO FUCKING CLUE what they're talking about. It's like replacing street narcotics with bubble gum. Bubble gum might rot your teeth, but it sure as shit won't kill you.

I had a caesarian 29 yrs ago, at which time I'd been a full-time smoker for about 14 yrs. After 5 MINUTES of general anesthesia, I required 3 DAYS of breathing treatments.

In 2014, I had appendicitis and an emergency appendectomy, after being a vaping non-smoker for just 3.5 months, after 39 YEARS of smoking -- after 45 MINUTES of general anesthesia, I woke with my lungs CLEAR AS A BELL... I'd have completely forgotten to use my asthma inhaler if my husband hadn't reminded me.

Currently, my son and I both have the flu. Other than the fever, I can barely tell I'm sick -- no coughing, no chest congestion, and very little sinus congestion, though I do have a headache, so there's *something* going on in the sinuses, but it's kinda hard to tell. My son, recently (within the last 2 months) gone back to smoking after 6 yrs quit, sounds like he's at death's door in the TB ward. Nose and chest both going fucking haywire with mucus. This may make a believer of him as nothing else possibly could.

Andria

VU Sponsors