Become a Patron!

I now know why vaporgate calls it the dump tank

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They call it the dump tank because it dumps all your juice out. Man I can't get this tank to stop leaking. I've watch tutorials on you tube. I even contacted vaporgate direct. They gave me some tips and still I spend more time cleaning the juice off my mod then vaping on the dump tank. I'm damn near ready to get rid of this tank. Last thing I'm gunna try is replacing all the Orings if anyone knows something that I don't bout this tank let me know please. I'm not getting leaking from airflow holes. I'm getting leaking from the cracks around the afc and the bottom of the tank.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
IF u like big tanks, i would recommend the vaperz cloud VCST. I have the 30mm version but they also make it in 36mm. I have 4 other tanks, but this one blows them out of the water.
Never heard of that tank. Only reason I bought the dump tank is cuz yea it has a big build deck and I've never had a rta til this one and not happy with it. Place I bought it from is gunna use it for a couple days to see if it's tank or me. Lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They call it the dump tank because it dumps all your juice out. Man I can't get this tank to stop leaking. I've watch tutorials on you tube. I even contacted vaporgate direct. They gave me some tips and still I spend more time cleaning the juice off my mod then vaping on the dump tank. I'm damn near ready to get rid of this tank. Last thing I'm gunna try is replacing all the Orings if anyone knows something that I don't bout this tank let me know please. I'm not getting leaking from airflow holes. I'm getting leaking from the cracks around the afc and the bottom of the tank.

Certainly could be an o-ring. Although I never had much luck with any atty designed with those type of juice ports and airflow design.

Been using the Modfather leak free after packing it full of rayon or cotton, and I mean packing it. No dry hits, no more leaks.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Certainly could be an o-ring. Although I never had much luck with any atty designed with those type of juice ports and airflow design.

Been using the Modfather leak free after packing it full of rayon or cotton, and I mean packing it. No dry hits, no more leaks.
Sounds good thanks I will look into it. Funny thing is vaporgate advertises leak free also on the packaging of the dump tank lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds good thanks I will look into it. Funny thing is vaporgate advertises leak free also on the packaging of the dump tank lol

Have you tried packing the juice ports chuck full of wick?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Have you tried packing the juice ports chuck full of wick?
I put a fuck ton of cotton still leaks and I can't chain vape cuz I get dry hits after bought 3rd hit

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put a fuck ton of cotton still leaks and I can't chain vape cuz I get dry hits after bought 3rd hit

Gotta be an o-ring, haven't heard of anyone else having major issues.

Try a Modfather, can guarantee they don't leak, and the flavor is fantastic. You wouldn't think it could produce flavor the way it dumps juice (non-pun).

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I believe @Ro55co (sp) may have one, perhaps PM him.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've read numerous reviews stating the need to use that extra clear ring.
So you'd have BOTH of them in there.
That was a few weeks ago so unfortunately I don't recall where I read them.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Believe you are correct....

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Clear ring? What clear ring the Orings for glass or the clear spacers

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Believe he meant the spacer for the top-cap.
Oh yes. I already put three in and it still leaks. Now I did watch a video where a reviewer said because of how big deck Is vapergate recommends 3.5 to 4.5mm coils to compensate for how much cotton u have to use. But even still right now I have 3mm coils with a shit ton of cotton and all I do is leak and get burnt hits after 3 rips

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Believe he meant the spacer for the top-cap.
Vape shop has my dump tank and they said they can't get it to stop leaking either with 4mm cpils in it so they gunna call vapergate. Pos tank

Lord stan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Your issue i
Your issue is the same as mine. Its dumping the juice because the top fill section is not sealed properly. I had to block off top fill completely which stopped my leaking. My problem now is wicking. I have so little cotton that it should be leaking but its not. If i use any less cotton then there wont be any cotton at all. I give up on this pos tank

Sent from my SM-G935T

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have almost no cotton in mine. Not leaking because i blocked off top fill but this tank does not wick at all
Man. Vape shop gave me another dump tank. Same shit. Big ass coils like vaporgate suggest and a shit ton of cotton to the point that the shop and myself said before we vaped it that this thing is gunna dry hit. Nope no dry hits but still leaks. Vaporgate told shop that they were wicking it wrong but yet we both watched vaporgate wicking tutorial and followed instructions and guess what. STILL LEAKING. LOL.

Lord stan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Man. Vape shop gave me another dump tank. Same shit. Big ass coils like vaporgate suggest and a shit ton of cotton to the point that the shop and myself said before we vaped it that this thing is gunna dry hit. Nope no dry hits but still leaks. Vaporgate told shop that they were wicking it wrong but yet we both watched vaporgate wicking tutorial and followed instructions and guess what. STILL LEAKING. LOL.

Its the stupid top cap section. If they made the silicone fit similar to what the smok tfv4 was then it would be good. I finally got mine to not leak but now it wont wick. I give up on this tank. Not worth the effort

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its the stupid top cap section. If they made the silicone fit similar to what the smok tfv4 was then it would be good. I finally got mine to not leak but now it wont wick. I give up on this tank. Not worth the effort
I will try top cap section but I agree this tank is an expensive pos. That makes me laugh because they advertise on the packaging leak free wicking

Lord stan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Btw. Im using 3 mm coils now that i got the top sealed temporarily. I have huge gaps in the juice wells because i put so little cotton in there. IT WONT WICK. Dry hit after dry hit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Btw. Im using 3 mm coils now that i got the top sealed temporarily. I have huge gaps in the juice wells because i put so little cotton in there. IT WONT WICK. Dry hit after dry hit

Vaporgate says u need 3.5 to 4.5mm coils for it "not to leak" which the shop did 4mm and a bunch of cotton with no dry hits but leaking if I leave it filled more than half full over night

Lord stan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vaporgate says u need 3.5 to 4.5mm coils for it "not to leak" which the shop did 4mm and a bunch of cotton with no dry hits but leaking if I leave it filled more than half full over night

Haha. They obviously dont know what they are talking about. Im gonna send mine back to them with a note saying "take this tank and shove it" up your a$$. Lol. Im now looking to get a new tank that actually works

Lord stan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If your looking for a tank to hild you over until you find a good rta i would have to suggest the aspire clieto 120. I am so impressed with it after a week of use. Still on first coil with amazing flavor. Only downside was that it took 2 tankfulls to break in the coil

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haha. They obviously dont know what they are talking about. Im gonna send mine back to them with a note saying "take this tank and shove it" up your a$$. Lol. Im now looking to get a new tank that actually works
Funny u say that. Vape shop I bought it from contacted them and they told them we weren't wicking it right. Haha. Owner of shop told them no. He knows how to wick. He builds for a member of the tvl trick team. So guys knows what he is doing. I thought it was funny. But I guess tank is appropriately named. Lol

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If your looking for a tank to hild you over until you find a good rta i would have to suggest the aspire clieto 120. I am so impressed with it after a week of use. Still on first coil with amazing flavor. Only downside was that it took 2 tankfulls to break in the coil
I'm not really looking into getting another rta. This dump tank turned me off

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I tried that sliding the silicone over to close up the hole. I'm still getting leaking over night and getting dry hits now after chain vaping.

Lord stan

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its not an rta. Its a rba and it is pretty amazing. Flavor clouds and everything about it is perfect for me. The coils have awesome flavor and are only $3 at ebay. Im still on my first coil almost 2 weeks later

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I tried that sliding the silicone over to close up the hole. I'm still getting leaking over night and getting dry hits now after chain vaping.

try the boreas. it hasn't leaked on me at all, 7ML capacity. big enough build deck to fit dual 3mm fused claptons and great flavor. no wicking issues either. Got it for 20 bucks based on some recommendations here arrived on saturday , been using 5 days. ran about 15 tanks of juice in it. same cotton same coils no leaks

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
try the boreas. it hasn't leaked on me at all, 7ML capacity. big enough build deck to fit dual 3mm fused claptons and great flavor. no wicking issues either. Got it for 20 bucks based on some recommendations here arrived on saturday , been using 5 days. ran about 15 tanks of juice in it. same cotton same coils no leaks
Jets fan. Lol just messing with u the dumptank was my first rta. Just feel turned off by the whole rta thing.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Jets fan. Lol just messing with u the dumptank was my first rta. Just feel turned off by the whole rta thing.

yeah my team sucks balls right now lol.
and 1 bad product shouldn't turn you off. the boreas is great, as is the avacado 24, and the TFV8 with the RBA deck. plentry of good RTAs out there, don't let 1 bad one spoil it for you

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
yeah my team sucks balls right now lol.
and 1 bad product shouldn't turn you off. the boreas is great, as is the avacado 24, and the TFV8 with the RBA deck. plentry of good RTAs out there, don't let 1 bad one spoil it for you
I have the tfv8 haven't tried rba yet. That boreas for price seems nice but I have leaky tanks.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have the tfv8 haven't tried rba yet. That boreas for price seems nice but I have leaky tanks.

Hasn't leaked on me yet. The tfv8 rba deck is nice. Give it a try

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

knevil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the mason is my abslute favourite tank. the best i ever had. also like someone mentioned before i have not a lot of cotton in there. check a review on youtube and check if all your parts are put together correctly. also pls let us know what kind of juice your using. this is by far my favourite tank. would be a shame if you can't get it to work.. also pics of your build might help.

i personaly believe that either the o ring on the top or bottom of the glass is missing.

edit: checked mine. maybe the to fill sysytem is too lose. there is a clear ring bout an mm thick in the box you might have to add that to seal the fill system.

Last edited:

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
the mason is my abslute favourite tank. the best i ever had. also like someone mentioned before i have not a lot of cotton in there. check a review on youtube and check if all your parts are put together correctly. also pls let us know what kind of juice your using. this is by far my favourite tank. would be a shame if you can't get it to work.. also pics of your build might help.

i personaly believe that either the o ring on the top or bottom of the glass is missing.

edit: checked mine. maybe the to fill sysytem is too lose. there is a clear ring bout an mm thick in the box you might have to add that to seal the fill system.
Well if u know anyone who might wanna try dumptank. I'm selling it. I'm disappointed in this tank. I am PayPal verified

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I believe @Ro55co (sp) may have one, perhaps PM him.

When I saw this released I was initially intrigued with the 40mm Dumptank. Thought about getting it "if" I got a HOG V3, but not going to get either. The Modfather IMO is it, awesome flavor, wonderful options like the Short and Tall Kit along with the series and postless decks. The tank is incredible and not going to spend money on another Tank unless I find something that will blow it away. I don't see that happening anytime soon.

knevil

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i just bought my second one today bcs i love it so much. don't give up. my second one leaked like hell. i had to add two of the little plastic discs to the top fill. now it is dry.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i just bought my second one today bcs i love it so much. don't give up. my second one leaked like hell. i had to add two of the little plastic discs to the top fill. now it is dry.
Dude I gave up. This is my second dump tank because thought first was defective. I got 3 spacers and I did what vapergate themselves told me which was when I was done filling turn silicone to the side so hole is closed off. My opinion is this tank sucks. I even changed all the Orings. Glass etc. Still same shit. The shop I bought it from can't get it to stop leaking.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
sorry to hear that. i love mine.
Yea I know I shouldn't let one product mess it all for others but this tank turned me off from all rtas

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Can't find modfather but I see the boreas

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Been Vaping allot on my Kayfun V5 Mini lately, need to break the Boreas out again since she's calling needing some luv ;)
ah the good old kayfun i remember when i had the original. it was the top RTA out there. Products have gotten so much better since then.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's an awesome tank
When I sell the shit tank. I mean dump tank. I possibly look into getting the boreas. I guess u can't beat it for $20 new

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ah the good old kayfun i remember when i had the original. it was the top RTA out there. Products have gotten so much better since then.
I'm really digging the V5, both the regular and the Mini. I've been sporting it on my 18350 tube mod with at 0.5 SS fused Clapton, a really wonderful Vape. But my Boreas needs some luv so when I get home tonight time to put a build in and give her some luv.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
When I sell the shit tank. I mean dump tank. I possibly look into getting the boreas. I guess u can't beat it for $20 new

nope and at 20 bucks even if you didn't like it, I'm sure you could sell it for 20 bucks here easily lol But seriously you'll like it. as a pure RTA i love the features. I love how you can change coils and not have to empty the tank to do so

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm really digging the V5, both the regular and the Mini. I've been sporting it on my 18350 tube mod with at 0.5 SS fused Clapton, a really wonderful Vape. But my Boreas needs some luv so when I get home tonight time to put a build in and give her some luv.
Are they still MTL tanks or are they DTL tanks now?
The build decks on them were tiny, man the things we had to build on back in the day. It's so much easier now. I love the advancements the vaping industry has made

VU Sponsors