Become a Patron!

I picked up a second RDA, Armageddon Redemption

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got a good deal at my local shop and I obviously bought it. It’s a little different from my Drop, the way it locks into place is a little tough but I’ll get used to it.

The machining is beautiful. It’s the first clamp style post design that I’ve had. That’s also a learning curve, relatively easy, but nothing like the Drop. That is fool proof.

I really like the airflow design. I have it on the angled cutout; about 75% open.

AVS 28/40g Fused Claptons , 7 wrap, 3.5mm ID.

I took my Kylin RTA off my Cylon to replace It with this. I’m not really looking to squonk it yet.

Tl;dr

For what the Drop doesn’t cost, that RDA is incredible. I hope this is just as good if not better.

99d5d53c462dced3f48b21bd4552724d.heic

ced9bfe25e06054c6dea8b4a0f08425a.heic

71ae6fee252b5a328dd15b3973a648de.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's running like a champ. I placed the coils level with the posts as per Mike Vapes, it seems to be working ok.

I probably should have used thinner coils in it, I'm pushing 90w to get the 28g/40 Fused claptons hot. LOL.

The DROP is still my favorite RDA for the price. With the Redemption, it's apples and oranges. Both are solid.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can’t figure out how much cotton to stuff in the well.

2b6a6bfe2102188e03ed28b41c8642bd.heic

50a8683b717c2ef3a12fe3d47dadefec.heic

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn’t get much flavor when I packed cotton in the Redemption (the kid at the local shop had his pretty much full). I trimmed it since I took this yesterday.

How much do you use??

78a4fee81418cadf6ed0306d08988f74.heic

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Raise the coils so the airflow is hitting the bottom of the coil at 5 o'clock. Also make sure the airflow can go all around the coils. My cotton in all my RDAs is cut so it just touches the deck. Maybe just a tad bit more. The airflow has to be able to surround the coils.

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Raise the coils so the airflow is hitting the bottom of the coil at 5 o'clock. Also make sure the airflow can go all around the coils. My cotton in all my RDAs is cut so it just touches the deck. Maybe just a tad bit more. The airflow has to be able to surround the coils.
Yep, did this. Much better!

ColdDayInHell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still can’t get the flavor anywhere close to what I have with the DROP. What the hell.

VU Sponsors