Become a Patron!

I shall win a Nobel prize thanks to Wismec!

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
36209780196_4f61bfe9a5_b.jpg

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Very much reminds me of the old troll meme with a solar panel mounted in front of a flashlight and the wire going to the battery.. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So...... Does it work????

If you mean does it charge, yes it does - zoom in on the picture, you can see the little charging icon at the bottom of the display. So... free energy :)

Once you factor in Wismec efficiency, your batteries will be drained in 45 minutes.

I think it's more likely to burst in flame before that. Wismec mods get crazy hot when you charge them through USB. I tried it once but I won't try it twice, let me tell you...

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Sometimes it better to ask "Should I?" rather than "Could I?" I know this is a joke, but thats the first thing I thought of when I saw it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Problem is charging draws more than goes into the batteries. So basically killing the batteries to have them eventually go low and the MOD Shuts down. Experimented with using the battery in the vehicle to run a converter running a trickle charger.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can or can not fo or do not... should is something a bird does on your head.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think it's more likely to burst in flame before that. Wismec mods get crazy hot when you charge them through USB. I tried it once but I won't try it twice, let me tell you...
Charging the batteries inside the mod can indeed be dangerous. This is because the charging is very imbalanced and the charging doesn't stop until the lowest battery has been fully charged so as a result some of the batteries may get overcharged to the point of severely damaging them... this is NOT a joke.

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some perhaps but not mine or the misses ones.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

You must now hide in a shack in the mountains.
Once the climate change people catch wind of this they will send a highly skilled team of mercenaries to your house to kidnap you and your entire family.
You will be locked up in area 51 forever:gaah:

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You must now hide in a shack in the mountains.
Once the climate change people catch wind of this they will send a highly skilled team of mercenaries to your house to kidnap you and your entire family.
You will be locked up in area 51 forever:gaah:

They can have my freedom, but they'll never have my Wismec!

Meh... Come to think of it, they can have the Wismec.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I still think the Nobel should go to you for the mod/drip tip combo that you created for the guy Neal a few years back. Haven't seen him, or his assistant around for a long time, but that was the most fascinating thread to follow, and incredibly generous.

I always get a kick out the things you create, and post.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still think the Nobel should go to you for the mod/drip tip combo that you created for the guy Neal a few years back. Haven't seen him, or his assistant around for a long time, but that was the most fascinating thread to follow, and incredibly generous.

I always get a kick out the things you create, and post.

Why, thank you. That's very kind of you to say! I didn't know anyone even remembered that thing ;)

Yeah, I haven't heard from Neal in a long time. He kind of disappeared one day. But one thing's for sure: I wasn't able to help him properly from a thousand miles away: apparently he had trouble with his teeth, and my drip tip was too hard to bite on for him. I wish he had told me that before I sent it to him :( That discovery was a bit frustrating to me.

I guess it goes to show tailored-made adaptive equipment should be made on-site with the person you make it for close at hand for fitting...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why, thank you. That's very kind of you to say! I didn't know anyone even remembered that thing ;)

Yeah, I haven't heard from Neal in a long time. He kind of disappeared one day. But one thing's for sure: I wasn't able to help him properly from a thousand miles away: apparently he had trouble with his teeth, and my drip tip was too hard to bite on for him. I wish he had told me that before I sent it to him :( That discovery was a bit frustrating to me.

I guess it goes to show tailored-made adaptive equipment should be made on-site with the person you make it for close at hand for fitting...
Yeah, but still... from how far away? And you flippin' did it! you supplied what he needed, with the information he provided.

We remember. Some of us still chat about that from time to time. Anyone that was here in the beginning, and read that thread, remembers. Quite impressive.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It isn't?
When did that change?
Could be a rumor I did attend public school in Kalifornia. ....

But if true then what about things like Human affected climate change?

Both ideas had 97% Consensus from science and academia.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I must admit I'm a bit curious. Sounds like there's a funny story to be had. Care to share?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I must admit I'm a bit curious. Sounds like there's a funny story to be had. Care to share?

Paraplegic man needed some help for a vape he could use on his own. Giraut was able to make/supply one that had a drip tip he could bite. Was fascinating!

VU Sponsors