Become a Patron!

I switched Atomizers and my Mod is heating up

as with the title, I initially have a Subox Mini starter kit by Kangertech. However, a few weeks ago I dropped it and busted my Tank & Atomizer together. So now, I bought a Billow V2 RTA as my new atomizer and it worked well at first.

Lately, I'm having a bad experience with it. Airflow is kinda draggy and the Billow heats up pretty fast then the kanger mod heats up next. Ohm is at 0.3 and I fire at 17.5 W or anything below 20W. I also get 2.2v when I fire it. I have 2 batteries 18650 2100mAh 3.7 (that's what's written on them). And I'm pretty sure the coils were made well as I got 2nd opinions from a friend and the shop where I got the Billow from. (6 loops)

Please let me know if you guys need more info. I'm pretty new with vaping so slowdown with the Jargons.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Due to being dropped, sounds like something could have broken inside the mod, if it's heating up, that would be a good sign of it. I would not use it.

Due to being dropped, sounds like something could have broken inside the mod, if it's heating up, that would be a good sign of it. I would not use it.

Thank you, I've thought of that too. Which is a bummer, is it advisable to open the mod up?

now the possibility of my mod being broken, what would be a good mod to pair with my RTA? I like lots of clouds.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So many different kinds of set ups out there now, it's really something you would have to research, look at our different mod section threads for some ideas on a replacement.
Welcome to VU:)

So many different kinds of set ups out there now, it's really something you would have to research, look at our different mod section threads for some ideas on a replacement.
Welcome to VU:)

Thanks! I'll read through the newbie area. :) also, I'll give an update. I think it's about time I rebuild my RTA. If nothing changes then it's gonna suck big time for me lol.

Just a hypothetical question, let's say I didn't drop the Mod, what might cause heating up?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The type of build you did maybe?
Some other folks may see this and help you out better as I don't rebuild. Good luck to you!!!:)

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had the kanger subox mini kit as well. still works great however I wanted to build coils (duals and bigger kinds) I just recently bought the IPV 4S had it for 2 days with the mutation x v4 and I absolutely love it. it feels great in the hand. easy to use. multiple presets to make your preference. Very great product. I got mine from vapordna.

VU Sponsors