Become a Patron!

I think I'm done with tanks

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seriously. I fucking hate leaking tanks and as of now I have yet to find even one that doesn't leak at some point. FUCK I hate that shit. Anyone else? Yinz think I could sell a handful of used tanks?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Seriously. I fucking hate leaking tanks and as of now I have yet to find even one that doesn't leak at some point. FUCK I hate that shit. Anyone else? Yinz think I could sell a handful of used tanks?
Depending on what you go, I'd buy some off of ya.

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree caihlen, that's why I only use theses rda's
528 goon 24mm
528 goon LP
Hadaly
Rashomon 24 by hopnvape
Pindad by Bomber tech
And OBS engine RTA.

Waiting on my CSMNT (cosmonaut) from district 5.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd use more RDA setups but I'm at work and driving more then at home it seems, so tanks is my best setup.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wrong answer in this section of the forum. :p
Yup, I know. :D

I have one RDA currently (TM2) and the Limitless RDTA. I've been researching squonkers for the wife and hell I may even like them. They setup / concept of them looks right up my alley even while driving.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had my "fuck tanks" moment of clarity a few months ago as well. It wasn't the leaking that bothered me it was the cost and inconsistency of the coils. I still have a couple that I use on occasion but for the most part I use RDA's. My go to toppers are...

The Petri V2
Goon 24
Twisted Messes Squared
Tug Boat V2

When I use a tank I like..

The herakles plus
Serpent mini
Griffin 22
CCI Maus Tank

Aside from the serpent mini, I've never had much issue with leaking.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
RTAs have a BIG learning curve for a newbie - took me months of persistence, frustration and gooey mods to get it down and many are a let down flavor-wise.

Absolutely detest dripping :eek:

When I first started squonking it was a very expensive, exclusive and almost secret kind of vaping. It was an astronomical cost to start - few would make the investment for an experiment.

That all changed when Kanger released the dripbox last year, and then China got smart and started squonkifying RDAs on the cheap

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
While mechanical squonking is one of the biggest loves of my life - I still use RTAs a lot.

At work, I don't have time to worry about switching safeties on my mechs, so I vape regulated on RTAs.

I do not put up with leaky vapes, period. I mainly use the Merlin and Boreas at work.

At home, I've been playing with the ModFather and it lives up to it's name, but I doubt it will ever be a ADV for me.

I have fallen in love with the little Petri RTA - it's only 2 mils, but is a flavor monster that will not leak.

I take it to be with me, lol :crazy:

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, I've got an Aromamizer Supreme 30 on a Maxo that I use at home in the evenings. It's a great tank and in truth I'll be using that for a while. My Squonkers are awesome all day long on the go however, and setting aside the overly dramatic "I'm done with tanks" proclamation, I do think I'm a true blue squonker....

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like the following, as far as rda, in no particular order:

Goon (converted to squonk)
Narda
Velocity V2

The Whatchamacallit rda what comes with the CopperVape squonk kit. As far as I'm aware there's no name in public for this RDA. I dub it a Narda2 as it has two airflow control slots on two sides, uses dual coils. That might or might not be its factual and actual name, but it is what I call it. If it gets put into steady production and released at a fair price, possibly around $10 - $15 USD I would buy a couple of them. To get them now you need to pay around $30 and get a CopperVape kit. That's alright but I don't need but so many mods. *chuckles*

The following mods I like in a particular order:

CopperVape
Reo Grand clones

Granted I've not tried a Dripbox regulated or not, or a Pico Squeeze, or a Wraith. Not seeing any real need to do so. Why pay $100 to $200 for a regulated squonker when knowing my luck the circuitry would fry itself out, get jarred, otherwise run afoul and then be a hunk of junk for me? No thank you. I'll stick to $50 or less mechanical mods & their kits. Most of these offer at least halfway straight forward means to repair if there is ever an issue. Gee, a durable good being durable? Is that even legal anymore? :)

I have a bunch of evod style tanks collecting dust along with a few regulated mods. I left tanks not due to leaking issues but rather for finding squonking more appealing, more flavorful, more economical, more 'future proof' for myself once they started making affordable entry kits.

So, there's my view on tanks. Not too keen on them anymore. Oh, I might find one sometime that I do enjoy. Not closing the door fully on them but also not seeing myself go over to greet them coming in.

Well, run 'er slow. I got to start a do nothing day.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
While mechanical squonking is one of the biggest loves of my life - I still use RTAs a lot.

At work, I don't have time to worry about switching safeties on my mechs, so I vape regulated on RTAs.

I do not put up with leaky vapes, period. I mainly use the Merlin and Boreas at work.

At home, I've been playing with the ModFather and it lives up to it's name, but I doubt it will ever be a ADV for me.

I have fallen in love with the little Petri RTA - it's only 2 mils, but is a flavor monster that will not leak.

I take it to be with me, lol :crazy:

I also love the Merlin. Super easy to build and never a leak. Paired with a good regulated mod, kinda hard to beat

caihlen

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A bit off the path here but has anyone given one of the rdta boxes like the Skyhook a go?

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got my Rashomon yesterday morning, put in the Squonking pin and haven't put it down. So far I've went through about 20ml of juice and I'm very happy with flavor, going to put it through the paces today, kick the tire's to say and put it through some hell!!!!:devil:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
A bit off the path here but has anyone given one of the rdta boxes like the Skyhook a go?

I'm very, very curious - but not enough to research in depth or to bite on it yet

I haven't even tried an RDTA

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I retired all my tanks over a year ago. Retired all VV stuff too. Only mech BF mods for me. I will look no further. Never even tried TC. :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
@Reigle1972 @JuicyLucy

Good review of the skyhook here guys... by all accounts the reviewer prefers the IJOY (Click on the pics at the bottom of the review to read those)

http://vaperanks.com/reviews/smok-skyhook-rdta-review/

The only thing that keeps me from trying it is the inability to change atties at will. An AIO seems regressive. However, if a new standard could could be established to move vaping in general away from the 510 pin to a wider, stronger thread, it could be progressive.

I see Eleaf just came out with a new version of the Aster, with a built in reservoir concept that is super inexpensive.

Might give that one a shot. I won an Aster in a contest (not the built in reservoir version) and had it stashed for quite awhile.

Recently tried it out - it is a much better mod than I thought it would be :)

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
some of the newer RTA's are awesome for flavor the Troll RDTA is basically a RDA it has a short stack to give excellent flavor I feel the other way I no longer use RDA's as its a hassle and makes little since if you have some type of life

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have never dripped as an ADV, period.

Squonking is the easiest way to go. But I like mechs, so use RTAs on regulated mods for working. But it took me a long time to learn how to do it with ease, lol. The Boreas, ModFather, Petri and Merlin are my favorite RTAs.

I just got my first RDTA (Limitless) in a trade, will build it this weekend so can make an informed decision.

But squonking still rules in my book :)

VU Sponsors