Become a Patron!

I think my tongue needs a reset. (cant taste)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you guys ever get to a point where you cant taste your mixes that well? I think its going on with me. I'm trying new things and I still should be able to taste more....I think lol. Whats wrong with me!? J/k

My toungue isn't all dried out. I just should be able to taste better.

Do you think I should vape on unflavored for a day or two? Any tips?

RugBurnRed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you guys ever get to a point where you cant taste your mixes that well? I think its going on with me. I'm trying new things and I still should be able to taste more....I think lol. Whats wrong with me!? J/k

I am going thru the same thing. I taste some flavors, but I can't seem to really get the flavors to my tongue like I am used to tasting. Maybe need to get some INW Eucalyptus and Mint and vape that. I hear it works for some folks.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Eat some lemon sorbet or fresh pineapple and eating a good dill pickle works for me! Others say sniff coffee grinds but that never worked for me as I do it every morning! Good Lucky.

I can't see how using unflavored would help since it has No Flavor?

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Eat some lemon sorbet or fresh pineapple and eating a good dill pickle works for me! Other say sniff coffee grinds but that never worked for me as I do it every morning! Good Lucky.

I can't see how using unflavored would help since it has No Flavor?
I only got pickles here. I'm gunna eat some right now lol. I look for the others when I go to town, thanks.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as you are switching flavors throughout the day, you don't have to worry about getting vapers tongue.
I have 8 different mods going, with 8 different flavors scattered around the house, and I only use one for about 5 minutes before I grab a different one.

What happens is the "flavor" really comes from your nose (olfactory glands).
You mouth only tastes sweet, sour etc.
Like having a cold and you can't taste the flavors.
Anyway .. using the same flavor all day gets boring to your mind, and it then shuts the flavor out, like white noise.

Have you every been in a house with an unpleasant odor? ...
Have you noticed that if you stayed there long enough, you didn't notice it anymore ??
Same thing ... brain gets bored with the same-o.. same-o and turns it off.

Some people lose it for days, some for weeks.
There are things you can do to shock the glands back into service, like taking the lid off of the coffee can, and breathing the fresh fumes of ground coffee, scrubbing you teeth and tongue, eating hot peppers, sipping pickle juice ... vapers have tried it all.

Just keep a rotation going and you'll be fine.
In 5 years, I've never had vapers tongue .. but I've never vaped just one flavor all the time either.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I use hot sauce when I get vaper's tongue, it just works for me. Biscuits and sriracha, pretty yummy. Will usually use some mouthwash afterwards, then my taste is back on track jack.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I change flavors 6-8 times a day and vapers tongue still strikes that in my opinion doesn't make a difference.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I change 6-8 times in an hour like now I have been through 5 flavors in the last hour or so!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I always have several flavors going and seldom get vapor's tongue anymore. When I need a flavor break I vape about half a tank of light meringue, just can't make myself do unflavored. Some have good luck with actual lemon juice. Might pick up some frozen lemon sorbet to keep handy and try Steve's tip.

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
SS316 coils and Rayon cured my vaper's tongue. If you've been vaping on Kanthal for a long time, try switching up.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I vape with SS316L for almost 1/2 the day most days and it still happens. No Rayon though maybe that is the secret ingredient? :blah:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had vapers tongue once. It took almost a full week until it finally passed. Drinking sparkling water and avoiding the vapor from hitting my tongue on the inhale seemed to help, but so did vaping menthol juice (I used Craft Vapes Tropical Breeze) for a while and then also vaping lemon flavored juice after that (I used Dinner Lady Lemon Tart)... if the menthol is too strong you can dilute it by mixing it together with some other juice type (I used Twelve Monkeys Tropika). The idea of smelling freshly ground coffee beans and sucking on real lemons didn't appeal to me much so I skipped that.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you guys ever get to a point where you cant taste your mixes that well? I think its going on with me. I'm trying new things and I still should be able to taste more....I think lol. Whats wrong with me!?

I go through it. I just vape 1-2 flavor mixes so I don't waste my good stuff while I'm waiting for my buds to come back. I generally switch to tart flavors like pomegranate or cranberry etc., or something minty. This is one of my go to bad bud mixes I always have on hand
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/buttermint-ice-cream.322562/

Waiting on the Buds Dude
200.webp

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
avoiding the vapor from hitting my tongue on the inhale seemed to help,
Thank you for this bit of advice. It has worked really well for me today. I have been vaping all day using a technique avoiding direct vapor contact (top of my tongue) on the inhale. My flavors have come back a bunch.

It never was lack of variety for me. I got five/six setups going usually. I have no "ADV's" really. I mix it up all the time.

I gained alot of knowlege from you guys, thanks. I think I have a combo of things going on that caused my ailment. The winter here and dry air aren't good for my nose. I may over-vape at times and I could drink more water too.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for this bit of advice. It has worked really well for me today. I have been vaping all day using a technique avoiding direct vapor contact (top of my tongue) on the inhale. My flavors have come back a bunch.

It never was lack of variety for me. I got five/six setups going usually. I have no "ADV's" really. I mix it up all the time.

I gained alot of knowlege from you guys, thanks. I think I have a combo of things going on that caused my ailment. The winter here and dry air aren't good for my nose. I may over-vape at times and I could drink more water too.
A dehydrated mouth and throat can easily go unnoticed when you keep vaping a lot, but the truth is your whole body gets dehydrated if you don't drink enough water. Carbonated water helps better than just plain water IMO, though...

VU Sponsors