Become a Patron!

I WANT THROAT HIT

vapingmandycat

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
Here you can share on this thread how you achieve more throat hit on your DIY MIXING.

Most will say up your PG LEVELS, while others say you need more nic, or more voltage !!

What works for you ??

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
18 mg of nicotine gives a good throat hit for me. 6 mg if I'm making clouds.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know ... I only like a TH when using tobaccos flavors usually, and since I use high PG to start with I just increase the nicotine.
Sweets, fruits, bakery, I like a little smoother.
It's nice to be able to control the hits using PG or Nicotine, and it's nice to have a choice throughout the day.
TH with lots of caffeine to get me going in the am, and smoother vapes at night to relax with.
I usually have 4-8 mods each loaded with a different flavor, for variety and to avoid "vapers tongue"
But, PG and nicotine are the TH controllers for me.

Calcilculcelcol

Member For 4 Years
I love 75/25 pg/vg tobacco and clove ,1 to 2 drops sweeteners yummy real kretek cig...and hit the throat ! upsss i left the nicotine , vape 12 to 16 mg nic

PondScum

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
60/40 (what I vape) has enough throat hit for me, but if you use a some everclear or vodka I have heard that will bring the TH up a bit. I can tell some of the B&M vape stores that use alcohol based flavorings (like vapor zone) in their liquids. Personally not a fan.

Mixer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On occasion cretin juice mixes have comes out a bit think for my clearo Tanks. 60pg/40vg ,, have added vodka @ 2% no more wicking problems and definitely a bit more throat hit not alot. a bit. Found that it dilutes the flavor again just a bit. Whereas more Nic = more troat hit.

Use more PG (70/30, or even straight PG), and try using a sub-Ω coil on a mechanical MOD. A dual-coil atty will also help do the trick.....increasing Nic only gives me a bigger "buzz", but not much difference in TH. I've gotten down to using 6mg Nic now anyway, so that's really not a factor anymore.

Those all work while giving you great flavor. I vape for the pleasure of it, not to try to emulate the raggedy-throat feeling I used to get when I smoked...but that's just me....

claviger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Something with at least 30 watts of power output.
24mg nic.
80 PG or higher

Your throat will cry and hate you but you will get mad throat hit....

Big Jake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried this TH by buying a couple bottles 80pg/20vg with 2 extra shot @ 18mg nic added for a knock out punch and was disappointed. It vape's fine just not the wicked hit I was expecting. I normally vape the 80vg/20pg no extra shot @12mg. It was just and expiremnt tho.

vapingmandycat

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Show Host
you may notice too some flavors that are stronger can give you extra throat hit with out adding alchol or something. As to where some flavors mute any possible throat hit. Citric flavors help with the throat hit alot of time too without going and uping your nicotine levels. Like the ripe peach or strawberry, nectrine or mango's etc

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's so weird with DIY. Before I started, I would always order my liquids with the "added TH option". When I asked the guy what he used, he said Capsicum. So, I ordered some when I first started out. I've yet to use it. Very few of the flavors I've mixed lack in TH. I vape 75/25, using WL nic at 12-15mg. I'm going to make a dilution of Capsicum to add to a milder mix, just to see for myself.

VU Sponsors