Become a Patron!

I want to buy a mech mod

ace1

Member For 2 Years
Ok so i have been vaping over a year now and i am a very good coil builder. I've only used regaulated mods. But want to start into mec mods. so my ? is what is a good mech box mod. I've been thinking of buying a noisy cricket but it can only hold a 22mm rda with no over hang. And i like 24mm rda. I want a box mod with 2 18650 in a series battery configuration. thanks for all your help

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Budget means everything when determining the meaning of good.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some people thing that they are very good coil builders who have been vaping for even less time but I would say before you start using a Mech, do you honestly feel you know Ohm's Law and Watts Law well enough to not have to be asking questions in the forums to feel safe? Are you confident enough that you actually know enough to do a safe build that will work well enough for you to get a vape you enjoy? I would hate to see another person get 15 minutes of fame and be the poster boy with half his face and teeth blow off. Good luck but think twice or measure twice or fire once..............

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my lecture I give new Mech users.

1. Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2. Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a. Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/

b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d. In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you put it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)

6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

ace1

Member For 2 Years
Some people thing that they are very good coil builders who have been vaping for even less time but I would say before you start using a Mech, do you honestly feel you know Ohm's Law and Watts Law well enough to not have to be asking questions in the forums to feel safe? Are you confident enough that you actually know enough to do a safe build that will work well enough for you to get a vape you enjoy? I would hate to see another person get 15 minutes of fame and be the poster boy with half his face and teeth blow off. Good luck but think twice or measure twice or fire once..............
yes i am a good coil builder and i like vaping at 110 to 130 watts so if i have a 2 battery box mech mod with sony vtc5 batterys witch is a 30 amp cdr. I need a ..56 to a .60 ohms build witch will pull anywhere from 15 to 14 amps so that is a safe build. And to build that you need 26 gauge kenthal wraped with 34 gauge kenthal making a duel 10 wrap The coil.build will ohm out at .63. Or if i wanted to blow the mod up in my hand i could build .13 build witch is 542 watts with a 64 amp pull. ya thats kinds of dangerous lmao but i like my hands lol so yes i am a coil builder knowledgeable

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes i am a good coil builder and i like vaping at 110 to 130 watts so if i have a 2 battery box mech mod with sony vtc5 batterys witch is a 30 amp cdr. I need a ..56 to a .60 ohms build witch will pull anywhere from 15 to 14 amps so that is a safe build. And to build that you need 26 gauge kenthal wraped with 34 gauge kenthal making a duel 10 wrap The coil.build will ohm out at .63. Or if i wanted to blow the mod up in my hand i could build .13 build witch is 542 watts with a 64 amp pull. ya thats kinds of dangerous lmao but i like my hands lol so yes i am a coil builder knowledgeable

VTC5 is not 30a, it's 20a.
VTC5a's are 25a
Anyway read my previous post

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yes i am a good coil builder and i like vaping at 110 to 130 watts

But apparently in my opinion you don't feel safe enough to buy and build without starting a thread. If it was a thread about look at what I got that hits like a Motherfucker maybe you wouldn't be asking questions. Not insinuating you don't know but if you do why are you asking questions? Must be some doubt...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have always lived by that old saying.................

When in doubt dont't.

ace1

Member For 2 Years
But apparently in my opinion you don't feel safe enough to buy and build without starting a thread. If it was a thread about look at what I got that hits like a Motherfucker maybe you wouldn't be asking questions. Not insinuating you don't know but if you do why are you asking questions? Must be some doubt...
my ? was what is a good brand to buy. What im worried about is the craftsmanship the way the mod was built not my abilty to build coils. and as for the battery its a sony vtc4 not a 5 witch has a cdr of 30 amps sorry about me saying vtc5 has a 30 amp cdr its a 20 amp

ace1

Member For 2 Years
If you are so sure you know it all why did you start a thread?
and no, I dont know every thing. But as far as ohms law i do know a lot. I dont know what manufacturer are out there. That are a good quality and good craftsmanship.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Get a hexohm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my ? was what is a good brand to buy. What im worried about is the craftsmanship the way the mod was built not my abilty to build coils. and as for the battery its a sony vtc4 not a 5 witch has a cdr of 30 amps sorry about me saying vtc5 has a 30 amp cdr its a 20 amp
Sony VTC4's are not 30a, they're 23a. Again read my lecture for newbs I posted above.

Ok so i have been vaping over a year now and i am a very good coil builder. I've only used regaulated mods. But want to start into mec mods. so my ? is what is a good mech box mod. I've been thinking of buying a noisy cricket but it can only hold a 22mm rda with no over hang. And i like 24mm rda. I want a box mod with 2 18650 in a series battery configuration. thanks for all your help

Just buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Definitely read @r055co 's post, particularly the part about following and listening to Mooch. You have given incorrect CDR's in this thread twice now and that could be a big mistake if you build for a higher CDR than the cell actually has.

As stated above it would be helpful to know your price range. I would certainly recommend getting a noisy cricket, but get the noisy cricket II-25. It can hold an atty up to 25mm with no overhang. It isn't a mechanical mod, but it is unregulated. It can easily switch between parallel, series, and potentiometer modes. They are dirt cheap too. I think that would be a really good way to get your feet wet with unregulated mods. Then when you get sick of that you can move on to something that is fully mechanical.

If you are willing to budge on having a series connection there are some good mods in CrazyChef's Spring Cleaning Thread. There are a few parallel mods in there going cheap that would be good for someone new to mechs. If you want to vape up around 110-130 watts you should stick to 2+ battery mods though for sure.

VU Sponsors