Become a Patron!

I want to see everyone's wood....... (Stabwood, wood, mixed ) Regulated, Mechanical, Wood look alike

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
you finally post a pic of yourself !

I will post something prolly when it’s warmer. I am camera shy. But I’m not horrible looking!
giphy.gif

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I always wonder what happens to members when they leave. And if they’re still vaping. Most prolly are.

its all diffferent kinds of reasons. one day, you will not be here, or at least as much, for whatever reason. same for me.
most of the times its one of 2 reasons.
1, quit vaping.
2, found what they like, then move on. life happens.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea you either like squonking or you don't- lol!
The Ultroner Aether is really nice- it's regulated, and I like the squonk bottle system. Wish it took a 21700 battery- still it is a pretty nice squonk mod!
I got mine on Pre- order and had to go with the random choice- the other side and back are really nice- plus there is a shiny coating on this mod-

View attachment 152548

9701497-2.jpg

Well you lucked out with a beautifully colored stabwood! You can pick out the color on stabwood mods uk but the shipping is about $25. Honestly I pay that because I want the colors and pattern that I choose.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its all diffferent kinds of reasons. one day, you will not be here, or at least as much, for whatever reason. same for me.
most of the times its one of 2 reasons.
1, quit vaping.
2, found what they like, then move on. life happens.

I pop in and out here. I’m on ECF a lot but that’s just because I started out there and know so many people there.
I’d miss the comradeship that vapers have!

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Still using the Java....as you can see look at the finish of the wood..... The only way is to Poly her and 20 coats of spray poly takes about a week to do it right.......

b91f8ef34d2d00a4ec3334c367ca9fd2.jpg

fb7c3d34a1bf1fe0531141a9b4d676c3.jpg

manny what do you use to clean the stabwoods that have a finish that’s lacquer or poly coat or something shiny like that? Thanks

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you didn't. but, is the stab what you were expecting ? is the body of the mod black like the www pics ?

as far as shinning it up. i have sanded the piss out of stab. and while it does make it look better, its no where near poly.
now, there probably is some kind of something, like wax or oil, that would make it shinnier. but i have no experience with those.
ask Manny or @gadget! or ?. maybe Sara knows.

I sanded down using the micro mesh following manny’s methods. Probably could’ve kept going but I’d had enough lol!

Then I used a water based clear coat on it using a small foam brush applicator. I let it dry 24 hrs sanded it down some more and added another coat. I did this maybe 4 or 5 times then again I’d had enough. I buffed it to smooth it out.

So far the coatings held up under wear where my hands hold it and any juice that may have gotten on it.

As manny has said it really needs MANY coats to get the best results. I didn’t try the spray but next time I’ll give it a whirl. My feelings are that if I screw up I’ll just end up sanding the clear coat off.

I will add that I’ve only done this on a couple Asmodus mods that come with a matte finish. I like the matte look in some circumstances. Also I would NEVER touch the finish on my “higher end” mods like the VAs etc but then they come with a beautifully done finish.

Here are a couple of before and after examples of Asmodus mods that came with the dullish matte “finish” that I worked on.

504D5DFD-1178-465F-906D-603FAAE6E105.jpeg CFD3F87B-D3F6-4C74-B5D5-3C7AAEAC0CE2.jpeg 07148ECB-62F7-4D28-B6BF-2FAC6402D7EB.jpeg FB48177A-A36D-494E-A172-10DC0146BAC4.jpeg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
manny what do you use to clean the stabwoods that have a finish that’s lacquer or poly coat or something shiny like that? Thanks
That's what 20 coats of poly does to a Stabwood mod..... It's like a clearcote on a car.....

Most cars have one or two coats of clearcote when Ferraris and Lamborghini have 6 to 12 coats of clearcote.

It protects the base Stabwood or in case of cars the paint....
b78019c262461874f01030a3d61d2230.jpg
70daa75b69cc409809cf3895203c0b7a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well no kid'n. no one else anywhere ? how far away is the nearest house ? then houses ? then town ?
It's about 2 hours from civilization...... Only old abandoned houses from the 1800's made with the rocks you see laying around.......

Some of these places are solitary.....
80ede4f1d6e848f5c0418e2ef6b0a8b1.jpg
4dca54825ce21ffb12bd438862b8dc55.jpg

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ha ha..... Nothing like home..... For a woodchuck......

I wouldn't get caught dead in that hole......ha ha

Now here is a better place to die.

0a95f2721211a9b960a9f95f9023065f.jpg
84f9dbe4de890ef40e009068dcc660a5.jpg

manny is this your home? It’s beautiful regardless.

I just bought another Ultroner Gaea. I’ll post some pics tomorrow. I haven’t opened it yet since I haven’t been feeling great.

Is Gorgon gone? I don’t see any posts by him. I know he was very sick but I enjoyed his many posts.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
manny is this your home? It’s beautiful regardless.

I just bought another Ultroner Gaea. I’ll post some pics tomorrow. I haven’t opened it yet since I haven’t been feeling great.

Is Gorgon gone? I don’t see any posts by him. I know he was very sick but I enjoyed his many posts.
Haven't heard if he's recovered after his battle with cancer......

VU Sponsors