Become a Patron!

I want to start building

I currently have the eleaf Istick 50w mod and the Atlantis v2 tank. Is my current istick ok to use witwith my builds when I start or do u recommend a different mod, if so what? And what would be a good brand rsa to start with for a newb? What brands/types would u guys recommend?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
4 post hole designs are ideal for noobs. Id go with a mutation x v4 or a troll rda those are fairly inexpensive and pretty easy to build on.
Some 26 or 24 gauge wire to start with, some cotton (i use cotton bacon, but there are a lot of options), something to wrap coils around like small screw drivers or drill bits, something to cut wire with like nail clippers or wire cutters, some scissors to cut the cotton and an ohm reader and you're good to go.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Granted that I have my own issues with Typos and occasional seniour moments as well.

You said, RSA. Did you mean RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) or RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer)?

Granted that I have my own issues with Typos and occasional seniour moments as well.

You said, RSA. Did you mean RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer) or RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer)?
Thanks so much! Do u know if th
4 post hole designs are ideal for noobs. Id go with a mutation x v4 or a troll rda those are fairly inexpensive and pretty easy to build on.
Some 26 or 24 gauge wire to start with, some cotton (i use cotton bacon, but there are a lot of options), something to wrap coils around like small screw drivers or drill bits, something to cut wire with like nail clippers or wire cutters, some scissors to cut the cotton and an ohm reader and you're good to go.
Thanks so much for the info, huge help! Just still wondering if those RDA's you suggested should work with my istick 50w right? Trying not to shell out more money than I have to, but if I need to get a mod with a higher W capability I underdtand!

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are compatible. A nice .3 or .5 ohm build would be nice in your device.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An inexpensive clone RDA will cost you $10. 100 feet of 28awg Kanthal will cost you $5. A few sheets of organic cotton will cost you $5. That's $20 for a decent RDA, wire, and cotton. Not a budget buster.
Buy stainless RDAs. Stay away from the painted ones unless you like paint chips in your juice.
I recommended the following Derringer EHPro clone to another who was quite impressed for $10. Paste the string into eBay to find it:
Derringer Rebuildable RDA RBA Stainless Brass Black Copper turbo tobh atomizer
Then, there are sellers who deal in small amounts of organic cotton sheets. I like this one for $3:
6 PADS *bEsT* JAPANESE GROWN COTTON *100% ORGANIC**UNBLEACHED* VAPE~WICK RBA/RDA
A good price ($4.15) on 100 feet of 28awg Kanthal is found with Lightning Vapes:
Kanthal 28 Gauge AWG Wire 100' Roll .32004mm , 5.27 Ohms/ft Resistance

For less than $20, you have a start. This will keep you busy for awhile.

An inexpensive clone RDA will cost you $10. 100 feet of 28awg Kanthal will cost you $5. A few sheets of organic cotton will cost you $5. That's $20 for a decent RDA, wire, and cotton. Not a budget buster.
Buy stainless RDAs. Stay away from the painted ones unless you like paint chips in your juice.
I recommended the following Derringer EHPro clone to another who was quite impressed for $10. Paste the string into eBay to find it:
Derringer Rebuildable RDA RBA Stainless Brass Black Copper turbo tobh atomizer
Then, there are sellers who deal in small amounts of organic cotton sheets. I like this one for $3:
6 PADS *bEsT* JAPANESE GROWN COTTON *100% ORGANIC**UNBLEACHED* VAPE~WICK RBA/RDA
A good price ($4.15) on 100 feet of 28awg Kanthal is found with Lightning Vapes:
Kanthal 28 Gauge AWG Wire 100' Roll .32004mm , 5.27 Ohms/ft Resistance

For less than $20, you have a start. This will keep you busy for

Thanks so much! That was crazy helpful!!!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just about any atomizer will work with the iStick, but if you build coils below 0.2 ohm the mod won't fire. I'd shoot for something close to 1 ohm to start, maybe a single coil. If that works, vape it for a while, rip it out and shoot for 0.8, then 0.6...you'll find your happy spot somewhere along the way. Make sure you get an independent ohm meter to check your builds - the iStick has one built in, but always better safe than sorry. Good luck!

VU Sponsors