Become a Patron!

I want to start vaping

Hello all,

I guess first thing is I've never vaped before but I hear it's a good alternative to smoking which is something I really want to do. I've tried quitting with patches,chantix etc. to no avail. I have heard of a lot of people having success with vaping.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good set up for a beginner. Not too costly but can do the job as I want to make sure I enjoy it before I invest too much money.

I've been reading up on it and I keep reading about making sure you get a good throat hit and steeping your e-juice.

I have seen several fairly cheap e-pens but I don't know if any one is better than another or if it even matters.

Thank you

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
http://www.180smoke.ca/kanger-topbox-mini
holds more ejuice. Removable and rechargeable battery (I suggest having 2 batteries, one in the mod, one in the charger so you are never waiting)
Box goes to 75w so you wont need to buy something new 2 months from now. Tank is top fill, so you don't accidentally spill the juice over your hands. Tank comes with 2 premade coils, 0.8 ohm, and 0.5 ohm and an RBA mini (rebuildable coil. which saves you a ton of money) and the tank has an adjustable airflow for both mouth to lung (like smoking) or DL direct to lung hits (better flavor and more cloud)

That toptank mini was my first tank, I paid $50 for it. Saved a lot more than than on the coils. It is still working like new, 9 months later and I still use it while watching tv or going out of the apartment. You don't have to use the RBA but if you choose to, they are really easy to coil and wick. And we can show you how to do that. :)

Even cheaper here.. https://www.fasttech.com/product/4024102-authentic-kangertech-topbox-mini-starter-kit shipping may take longer though.

The PG to VG ration in the ejuice is what gives the throat hit. Steeping is for DIY and DIY is expensive to start. You have to buy the pg, vg, sweetener and several types of flavors depending on what flavor you want to make. Some are simple, like orange or cherry (single flavors) some are more complex, like butterscotch ripple ice cream flavor.

Last edited:

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The Topbox is a great option for a starter. It has an adjustable battery pack (mod) and the tank can be removed and used on the majority of mods available. If you're looking for something a bit smaller and a bit cheaper maybe a Subvod Mega would be a good option. It has the exact same tank as the Topbox but it comes with a stick type battery. The only adjustment available is that you can switch from Temperature Control (TC) mode to normal power mode. In any case, if you get the Topbox or Subvod, I would suggest getting it in silver (stainless) finish. Colour finishes tend to chip and look crappy pretty quickly. As gbalkam said the juice is mostly VG (vegetable glycerin) & PG (propylene glycol). The PG gives more of the throat hit while the VG gives more of the cloud. Most regular vapes come in 50/50 or 60/40 (VG/PG). Premium vapes will often be more VG & less PG. Personally I use mostly 80/20.

The Subvod Mega:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014058/4327101-authentic-kangertech-subvod-mega-tc-starter-kit

Expect to wait a while for delivery from Fasttech

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The Topbox is a great option for a starter. It has an adjustable battery pack (mod) and the tank can be removed and used on the majority of mods available. If you're looking for something a bit smaller and a bit cheaper maybe a Subvod Mega would be a good option. It has the exact same tank as the Topbox but it comes with a stick type battery. The only adjustment available is that you can switch from Temperature Control (TC) mode to normal power mode. In any case, if you get the Topbox or Subvod, I would suggest getting it in silver (stainless) finish. Colour finishes tend to chip and look crappy pretty quickly. As gbalkam said the juice is mostly VG (vegetable glycerin) & PG (propylene glycol). The PG gives more of the throat hit while the VG gives more of the cloud. Most regular vapes come in 50/50 or 60/40 (VG/PG). Premium vapes will often be more VG & less PG. Personally I use mostly 80/20.

The Subvod Mega:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10014058/4327101-authentic-kangertech-subvod-mega-tc-starter-kit

Expect to wait a while for delivery from Fasttech
For me, maybe for others, one huge advantage the top box kit has, is that removable battery. You put the battery you want in it, Like a Samsung 25R or LG 20A 3000 Mah. That way you KNOW what is in it. Lots of us on here that can go into micro detail on those batteries. I know, I abuse my 25Rs.. spank them like a circus monkey, and they are still going. I'm very particular about batteries. Samsung, LG, Sony... nothing else. I wish I could find that forum thread about a regulated mod that crossed over to the dark side... Basically something happened, we don't know for 100% sure what, but the mod vented in the guys front pocket of his shorts. Mod was shot, batteries totally shot (vented out) but his filberts were intact. We think that either the IC Safety chip failed or the 510+ connector dropped and shorted on the mod. Either way.. the batteries did what they were supposed to do. Vented out but didn't pop.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congratulations on making the choice to switch! I know you have a ton of questions and the answers may lead to more questions.
I out together some information that some of us figured out the hard way, and others had some mentors to help them along.
Feel free to read through these and ask any questions you may have.

http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/author/f1r3b1rd.19028/

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello all,

I guess first thing is I've never vaped before but I hear it's a good alternative to smoking which is something I really want to do. I've tried quitting with patches,chantix etc. to no avail. I have heard of a lot of people having success with vaping.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good set up for a beginner. Not too costly but can do the job as I want to make sure I enjoy it before I invest too much money.

I've been reading up on it and I keep reading about making sure you get a good throat hit and steeping your e-juice.

I have seen several fairly cheap e-pens but I don't know if any one is better than another or if it even matters.

Thank you
Welcome to the VU.

Many of us were, where you are now. Tried all kinds of ways to quit that didn't work, me included. @f1r3b1rd has a good thread for you to start on.

You will likely need to start with a device that simulates the way you smoked, and for almost everyone, that is a device that works mouth to lung (MTL).

The one combo that pops first in my mind is the eLeaf Pico kits with a Melo 3 tank. They are cheap and small. Just what someone starting out will like. You will want to buy two good 18650 batteries and a good 2 bay charger though.

There are many kits to choose, each with pro's and con's. So dive in, read, and ask questions.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello all,

Thank you

The Istick basic. Under $30.
2200 mah battery lasts pretty much all day.
The GS AIR 2 tank is va nice vape with the .75 coils.
Starting out you might like the 1.5 coils better though.
And the coils last quite a while.

Very compact and pocket friendly and very simple to operate and maintain.
Airflow is adjustable from a MTL to a tight Lung inhale pretty much the right draw for a beginner.

I Got one and liked it so much I got another one :)

Last edited:
Hello all,

Thank you
Hi,
Personally, i think the
iStick Pico is a great beginner's. Also if you want to get even simplier, the Smartbox us pretty good but you cant adjust the wattage.

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah it was nearly a year before I went over 20 watts.

I've gone over 20 watts a few times with my builds and didn't like to have to pull so hard and fast not to burn your coil. I can pretty well say almost my entire 4 years of vaping I'm happiest vaping under 20 watts. A beginner vaper needs to learn their gear and how to vape off that gear before they plunge into the world of subohm and high wattage vaping, even then IMO 30 watt device is more than sufficient enough for a beginner and atty of choice includes all kinds of research to know the quirks and what will work best for your needs.
Good luck and enjoy your journey.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've gone over 20 watts a few times with my builds and didn't like to have to pull so hard and fast not to burn your coil. I can pretty well say almost my entire 4 years of vaping I'm happiest vaping under 20 watts. A beginner vaper needs to learn their gear and how to vape off that gear before they plunge into the world of subohm and high wattage vaping, even then IMO 30 watt device is more than sufficient enough for a beginner and atty of choice includes all kinds of research to know the quirks and what will work best for your needs.
IMO its more about safety than anything. I've seen a lot of new vapors start in the 30-50w range.
Different strokes for different folks. Sometimes its aboutbthe interest as well as the nic satisfaction to get someone to make the switch from tobacco.
I started at 10w and still enjoy a 16w vape depending on mood.
But in either case, a noob has to learn the safety, science and math involved when get started. Which is why I put all that information in the blog. I see them come into shop, they belong to the forums, but still know nothing other than they want the new fancy 'it' setup of the week.

http://vapingunderground.com/blogs/author/f1r3b1rd.19028/

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had to learn how to not get a hot vape but more vapor. A lot to do with the build you use. And the biggest wire I use is 26 ga.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Eleaf Pico kit. Works well in all modes and the Melo tanks not bad and has a ton of different coils available. 40 bucks for the kit 10 bucks for a Samsung 25r battery and your set.

EDIT: I wanted to add that you may out grow the Melo tank but I use the mod with an RDA and the Baby Beast tank so you won't out grow it as fast as other starter mods. Works well in all modes and the on board charging and pass through work well also.

Last edited:

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi,
Personally, i think the
iStick Pico is a great beginner's. Also if you want to get even simplier, the Smartbox us pretty good but you cant adjust the wattage.
I agree with getting a Pico. I still love and use mine.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
He said a start up kit for a beginner, why would he need a 220W TC?
Because the price is the same as lesser kits and it's better to have too much machine than not enough. IMO. If you really want a starter kit, geared for a beginner, that you can build on, then the Subvod Mega would be my choice. If you're going to go t a variable wattage system you may as well buy something that will satisfy for more than 6 months.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Because the price is the same as lesser kits and it's better to have too much machine than not enough. IMO. If you really want a starter kit, geared for a beginner, that you can build on, then the Subvod Mega would be my choice. If you're going to go t a variable wattage system you may as well buy something that will satisfy for more than 6 months.
Having more machine might be nice, but the "kit" form of the Alien isn't even close to a starter. Almost everyone starting vaping, is MTL.

Most people that start vaping, start with smaller kits that are single/internal battery.

We don't know what the OP thinks of vaping, or what he wants out of the experience. But from the gist of the post, they want off cigs and to get their feet wet trying vaping. Seriously, suggesting advanced devices in this situation isn't the smartest idea.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Having more machine might be nice, but the "kit" form of the Alien isn't even close to a starter. Almost everyone starting vaping, is MTL.

Most people that start vaping, start with smaller kits that are single/internal battery.

We don't know what the OP thinks of vaping, or what he wants out of the experience. But from the gist of the post, they want off cigs and to get their feet wet trying vaping. Seriously, suggesting advanced devices in this situation isn't the smartest idea.
Agreed! Going from cigarettes to cloud chucking can give some a bad experience and send them either back to a vape shop, or worse, back To cigarettes.
Also, devices that Are complicated can do the same through generating frustration .

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I kinda think it might be helpful, to link to the vapes we are recommending.
Keeping in mind a new vaper will most likely want mouth to lung like a cigarette, so which ever mod should have that ability. Low enough air and power to make a decent draw, with an adjustable amount of vapor. At least close to looking like a cigarette.
A nice simple mod with Variable Wattage (power), TC is more advanced so that's optional.
I like the idea of a removable and rechargeable battery, maybe the OP doesn't, but the idea is on the table. Reason is..you pick the safest battery, and you can have 2 batteries for zero down time. (one in mod, one charging)
I also prefer tanks that come with premade coils as well as an option to get (or come with) a rebuildable. It is better to have it and not use it, than need it and not have it. I had 3 smokes since the day I started vaping.. I ran out of coils after the shop was closed. Wish I had that RBA.. desperation is a good teacher. LOL.

I try to keep anything I recommend as low cost per value as I can. For example, I consider a 30 to 75w box and tank for around $40 to be a better value than a pen style for $30. Pen style batteries usually cost nearly as much as the entire unit did. 18650s you can get a good one for between $8 and $12.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not everyone that vapes will eventually grow into a 2 bat 220W device, I have been vaping for almost 6 years and the highest wattage mod I have goes up to 100W , general wattage I use everyday is usually around 10W, and from reading around here everyday, many members stay about that range. The best thing to do is read what the OP indicates and look at the level they seem to be at before suggesting something that may be way over their experience as a beginner, like Bird & Free said.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anything with a built in battery is going to be the lowest cost route to take to get started...Ive been seeing alot of great starter kits as of lately as I browsed around for some new gear for myself...You don't need sub-ohm and massive power to get you started and off the cancer sticks...The nicotine content you will need in your e-juice will almost certainly make you sick using that in a subohm tank on higher power.

A new kanger evod starter kit is $12.00..uses 1.2 1.5 or 1.8 ohm coils and is rechargeable...At that price buy two kits and youll be set for an entire day as long as you always have one battery on charge...For ejuice youll want at least 18mg nicotine content...I highly recommend Vista vapors as a source to your ejuice to get you started...120ml of ejuice is about $25.00 shippped and should last you an entire month if not longer and they make a really good juice for the money...Buy a package of coils and youre all set to see if vaping works for you or not...The new evod kit is far better than the evod kit I got when I bought one and it worked for me.

http://sweet-vapes.com/starter-kits/kanger-kits/kanger-top-evod-kit.html
http://sweet-vapes.com/tanks/kanger/kanger-coils/kanger-vocc-t-coils.html
https://www.vistavapors.com/

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Does a extra battery lose any charge while not in use? Also, is it safe to vape while charging? Sorry for stupid questions. It is a Topbox mini.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Does a extra battery lose any charge while not in use? Also, is it safe to vape while charging? Sorry for stupid questions. It is a Topbox mini.
Over a period of months, yes they lose charge. Not really over a week or two.

Mods that have pass through charging, can be vaped while charging. If you can vape while it's charging, it's safe.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
storage charge should always be 3.7v for any of those batteries...Letting it sit for 3/4 of a day till you need to use the next battery is fine...Not all are batteries are intended for pass through vaping..I would say the kit above is not intended for that...That's the reasoning for 2 kits...One charging while you use the other..when youre ready, swap batteries and charge the one you just used.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Over a period of months, yes they lose charge. Not really over a week or two.

Mods that have pass through charging, can be vaped while charging. If you can vape while it's charging, it's safe.
Thank you.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
storage charge should always be 3.7v for any of those batteries...Letting it sit for 3/4 of a day till you need to use the next battery is fine...Not all are batteries are intended for pass through vaping..I would say the kit above is not intended for that...That's the reasoning for 2 kits...One charging while you use the other..when youre ready, swap batteries and charge the one you just used.

Ok. Right now I just have the one. But I can use the ones I started with while waiting. Will have to get another kit. Thank you.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok. Right now I just have the one. But I can use the ones I started with while waiting. Will have to get another kit. Thank you.
If you're getting another kit, you may want to consider something with a longer battery life, unless of course you enjoy that battery for its form factor.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

It comes with a USB charging cable. which you can use and later get a nitecore charger and another battery. I have 1 in the mod and 1 in the charger.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It comes with a USB charging cable. which you can use and later get a nitecore charger and another battery. I have 1 in the mod and 1 in the charger.
Thank you. I wanted to ask how I charge another battery, but decided I would look it up. So thank you for replying.

Last edited:

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He said a start up kit for a beginner, why would he need a 220W TC?
I totally agree. 220 watts with TC is too much for starting out. Way too many settings and options. We don't want him getting overwhelmed and frustrated. Let's keep him simple to start and move him up when he's ready. Also don't forget he may be self conscious at first. I was. Cigs seem more "normal" and vaping still gets strange looks from people. He doesn't need a huge cloud chucking box. He needs something simple and discrete until he learns and gets comfortable.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
There really aren't any stupid questions. And some vape mods are "pass through" meaning technically, you can vape while charging, but I do not recommend it. Take it off the charger, do your vape, then put it back on to charge. It beats being chained to your computer like a naughty dog in the back yard... or walking around with a laptop hanging out of your mouth. LOL.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thank you. I wanted to ask how I charge another battery, but decided I would look it. So thank you for replying.
Ask! That's what we are here for. If we don't want to tell you an answer, we'll tell you that too. It would be for your own safety in that case, and not just because we are being jerks, laughing and saying neener neener neerer at our computer screen. :teehee:
But sure, ask whatever you want to know. Google doesn't always explain the answer.

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I recently started vaping as well and found the cuboid mini kit to be a great starting point for me(smoked 2 packs a day for 12 years) it's simple to use battery life is great it looks like a freaking droid and the only con I have is it spits a little if you overfill it but once you learn how far to fill it your golden. This is mine that I still use when I'm out and about
9eafeda1e00478b57b4a9b7000b7e37c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

laceyn56

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also the tank comes off so if down the road you want to try different tanks you can. It's a 1-80w device with temp control available if you want. Personally I never use temp control so ya. Hope that helps.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Also the tank comes off so if down the road you want to try different tanks you can. It's a 1-80w device with temp control available if you want. Personally I never use temp control so ya. Hope that helps.
Well there you have it. Not everyone starts with MTL and 2 ohm coils on a mechanical mod and nearly nobody starts building RDAs or RTAs when they first start vaping. I started 8 months ago with a subohm tank DTL with .5 ohm coils on a non adjustable mod. It wasn't long before I bought my first VW/TC mod. If you're using a mod like that it doesn't matter if it's pumping 80W or 220W the concept is totally the same. If you start at the top you won't, in 6 months, have all the other shit laying around collecting dust. That's just my opinion. What do I know though? I'm just a guy who recently wanted to take up vaping. I guess everyone needs to be schooled first. You're not allowed to start out like someone who knows what they're doing.
To me vaping is more of a "club" than smoking ever was. The club members love to talk about their stuff. That's a big part of the appeal of vaping. Where's the appeal in telling about your Ego AIO that you got for $20 and is spitting hot juice at you. I don't see it. Start out right and you will save frustrations and money and you'll be more likely to stay with it. Again, what do I know? Apparently I know nothing the club elders have said so.:devil:

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently started vaping as well and found the cuboid mini kit to be a great starting point for me(smoked 2 packs a day for 12 years) it's simple to use battery life is great it looks like a freaking droid and the only con I have is it spits a little if you overfill it but once you learn how far to fill it your golden. This is mine that I still use when I'm out and about
9eafeda1e00478b57b4a9b7000b7e37c.jpg

Great mod, love mine
82156fa4-dce3-4300-b865-962ca77aaeba_zpshv7vdyim.jpg

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Really Whiskey? That was your takeaway from that? The schooling bit?
I guess you guys are old school. You've gotta use a pencil and wide-rule paper then you can graduate to a pen and cursive on narrow-rule then about ten years from now we'll teach you keyboarding and you can learn to use Windows. Newsflash! Kids are using computers at 3 years of age now. Old school is great for pencil, pen and paper salesmen though.
Vaping isn't rocket science. Why not send the newbie down to the convenience store to get another $10 vape pen? He could get the full "education".
How'd you know I was at a desk? It must have been all that schooling that gave you the insight.:giggle:
This desk is killing me. I've gotta get up every now and then and shake my fist and go off on a rant. It keeps my heart healthier.
That cuboid does look like a good starter though as long as it doesn't spit too much like Joyetech is prone to. You could always swap out the tank if that's the case. I like the display. It's nice and easy to read.

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I guess you guys are old school. You've gotta use a pencil and wide-rule paper then you can graduate to a pen and cursive on narrow-rule then about ten years from now we'll teach you keyboarding and you can learn to use Windows. Newsflash! Kids are using computers at 3 years of age now. Old school is great for pencil, pen and paper salesmen though.
Vaping isn't rocket science. Why not send the newbie down to the convenience store to get another $10 vape pen? He could get the full "education".
How'd you know I was at a desk? It must have been all that schooling that gave you the insight.:giggle:
This desk is killing me. I've gotta get up every now and then and shake my fist and go off on a rant. It keeps my heart healthier.
That cuboid does look like a good starter though as long as it doesn't spit too much like Joyetech is prone to. You could always swap out the tank if that's the case. I like the display. It's nice and easy to read.
Actually, I think a 200w+ box is a bit over the top for a new vaper, not because it is any more complex, but for the start up cost. Example, kanger toptank mini kit.. $80. (tank, mod, coils) vs my 200w ijoy (no tank, coils) at $140. Kanger box has everything you need. a box and tank, and an option to use the rebuildable mini coil head to rebuild coils instead of replace them. Now, I saw one person mention buying 3x 5pack of coil heads at $15 a pop.. $45.00. Ok so I'm not a genius, but for $45 i think I could figure out how to wrap a wire around a nail and spend the $45 on beer. I say, toss that coil building option right out there at the start. The new vaper might not even consider building a coil for the first week, or 2nd.. but by the 3rd, after those coil heads are starting to add up.. it's gonna be hmmmm I can wrap a wire around a nail.. I was wrapping my moms housecoat belt around the cats tail when i was 3 years old.. can't be that much different..
Coil building (simple coils) isn't hard, but building that first one can be a bit intimidating. Kind of like fractions. If you have a whole pie, and eat half the pie, what do you have left? Answer: 1/2 pie and a wife nagging about your cholesterol. Lesson learned? You should have eaten the whole pie and blamed it on mice.
Here's the real kicker... factory made coil.. you make a mistake, burn the coil, have to use a brand new one.. DIY coil.. you mess it up... you just unwind it and try again.
Again, not saying coil building is something new vapers have to do, but they should know it can be done and is pretty easy to learn. The main thing though, is build or not, stick to vaping. Keeping the cost down helps, and then after a couple weeks, you can spend the money you saved on new shinies and bling. (So Horney Gold RDA... ooooo shineyyyyy) lol.
Another little tip.. go buy your vape gear just before you finish the pack of smokes you are on, so you can have your "last" cigarette with no guilt and then start vaping. Its better than having 3 left, vaping, thinking about those 3 smokes and then feeling guilty because you broke your 2 week cigarette free vaping streak.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You should be schooled. The overwhelming majority have to start vaping MTL. Very few can start DL because it makes you hack your lungs out. Now if you are a user of things that are verboten to speak of here, your lungs are probably used to the "expansion" of the smoke in your lungs, thus able to handle doing DL from the start.

And besides, not everyone moves to wanting to blow big, obnoxious clouds. My wife, and many like her, are happy to vape high ohm, low watts. She has vaped as long as me and does not like, nor does she want to, be a DL vaper.

So, NEWSFLASH, not everyone is a neck beard sporting, obnoxious cloud jockey. Most people do not start out wanting to be some vape hipster. They want off the cancer sticks, so we need to make it easy for them, rather than suggest they be hipsters and get discouraged with vaping.

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Beaten by the crowd again, and not just figuratively. Then I look in the mirror and wonder why I have the boxer's face with permanent puffing below the eyes and a deviated septum, scarring here and there. I just never know when to shut up and I don't have enough sense to be scared when I should be.
:headbang:
Anyway whatever works for you. Everybody's different and you need to put all the options out there. BTW I shave my neck (cheeks too) and I know a few "cloud jockeys" that aren't at all obnoxious.
I think we've lost the OP anyway. He made 1 post on this site and that was it. I doubt he's even looking anymore. But this is great for the next guy. It shows we're passionate about our hobby here.

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
You should be schooled. The overwhelming majority have to start vaping MTL. Very few can start DL because it makes you hack your lungs out. Now if you are a user of things that are verboten to speak of here, your lungs are probably used to the "expansion" of the smoke in your lungs, thus able to handle doing DL from the start.

And besides, not everyone moves to wanting to blow big, obnoxious clouds. My wife, and many like her, are happy to vape high ohm, low watts. She has vaped as long as me and does not like, nor does she want to, be a DL vaper.

So, NEWSFLASH, not everyone is a neck beard sporting, obnoxious cloud jockey. Most people do not start out wanting to be some vape hipster. They want off the cancer sticks, so we need to make it easy for them, rather than suggest they be hipsters and get discouraged with vaping.
I don't have a beard.
I think what he was suggesting, was if the 200w box was the same price at the 80w box.. planning ahead "just in case" would be an option. If nothing else, the larger box would run longer at low wattage.
Oh, and yes I am a cloud jockey. Its a hobby to help my quit smoking as well as building coils.. they kind of go hand in hand.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah really, OP probably saw your post and said fuck-it Bite me
And BTW I know I can swap tanks, I'm not a beginner

Last edited:

VU Sponsors