Become a Patron!

I WIN!!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I updated my older AL85 to the newest but not released version too not long ago. Makes it much more stable and better efficiency IMO.

IMG_3892.JPG

Found on Reddit from a Euro version. :)

Now, the Desire Cut has no available firmware on site, just for the Rage.
But, I did see this Reddit posting about the Rage and seeing the firmware version and wonder if it applies to the Cut as well??

Snap776.jpg

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I updated my older AL85 to the newest but not released version too not long ago. Makes it much more stable and better efficiency IMO.

View attachment 132654

Found on Reddit from a Euro version. :)

Now, the Desire Cut has no available firmware on site, just for the Rage.
But, I did see this Reddit posting about the Rage and wonder if it applies to the Cut as well??

View attachment 132655
No it does not. Completely different firmware. Trust me.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
/OT: Desire, please put a battery ribbon on yer damn mods. Getting a 21700 in/out of this Cut is a PITA!

*I made my own, but it shoulda been there from factory as tight as that compartment is.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No it does not. Completely different firmware. Trust me.

I think you read me wrong. Or didn't read the attachment.
I don't mean using the Rage firmware on the Cut, i meant seeing the firmware version only after an update...i thought that was clear...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably not. I'm a dinosaur! I got the gist of what you were talking about with flashing this mod, but I wouldn't have a clue how to actually get it done.

I came to IT in the days of the IBM 360 mainframe. Computing was still magic back then! :mooncat:
Good gracious, that IS going back. I did support years ago where we had to do remote node resets and stuff on the AS/400 using a Windows emulator and that's the extent of my mainframe experience LOL!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good gracious, that IS going back. I did support years ago where we had to do remote node resets and stuff on the AS/400 using a Windows emulator and that's the extent of my mainframe experience LOL!

I had two jobs on mainframe systems, then the System 38, then AS/400, which then became the iSeries, and my god, I think it's called the Power System now. Who can even keep up? Still looks and works like an AS/400 for the stuff I work on, mostly just business applications. Used to do some PC and network installation and support, telephone systems, POS systems, but I was younger and had a lot more patience then. I've climbed up on ladders and run cable in ceilings, moved printers and tape drives around, supervised a couple of midrange "computer rooms," spent weekends updating operating systems and enterprise software. It's been interesting, for sure.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I unpacked that firmware file for the heck of it.
Looks like the standard Nuvoton firmware software, but can't seem to find a firmware revision number in the resources yet though. Just using a hex editor isn't working, probably have to d/l their tools to work with the file. :-/

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I unpacked that firmware file for the heck of it.
Looks like the standard Nuvoton firmware software, but can't seem to find a firmware revision number in the resources yet though. Just using a hex editor isn't working, probably have to d/l their tools to work with the file. :-/
i tried that with the VK530 YIHI firmware using Notepad++ Didn't work for me or it either. I was trying to disable the blocks for the SXI-Q software, which I wasn't convinced I could do, even if I could find them in the code, but worth a shot.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had two jobs on mainframe systems, then the System 38, then AS/400, which then became the iSeries, and my god, I think it's called the Power System now. Who can even keep up? Still looks and works like an AS/400 for the stuff I work on, mostly just business applications. Used to do some PC and network installation and support, telephone systems, POS systems, but I was younger and had a lot more patience then. I've climbed up on ladders and run cable in ceilings, moved printers and tape drives around, supervised a couple of midrange "computer rooms," spent weekends updating operating systems and enterprise software. It's been interesting, for sure.
Yep, I have done all of that except the Mainframe stuff and just a nudge into the telecom side. It used to be a lot more fun than it is now.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It IS awfully convenient when it is a self-extracting compressed executable though :)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya, I used 7-zip on principle though, I like knowing where things go. ;-)
I used Peazip.

What I meant was it's a lot easier to decompress a self-extracting archive than it is to de-compile a windows install file.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
That's amps. Not volts. You can't get 12 volts out of any single battery we use. :) Actually, not even 2. Volts is under your big wattage display.

I guess they made a mistake. mine actually does say 0.00A. why would there be 2 watt readouts ?

You can change what that reading on the bottom left displays.
I have mine reading puff counts.

Press the fire button 3 times rapidly, when the wattage starts flashing press the down button. The bottom left indicator will start flashing. Press the up button to scroll through the different options. When you get to the reading you want to display press the fire button.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors