1. FLASH: DISCUSSWELLNESS.COM IS OPEN TO VU MEMBERS - BETA TESTING

VAPING UNDERGROUNDS FORUM SOFTWARE IS BEING UPGRADED.

I wonder if the 2020 budget that was signed ...

Discussion in '#BANTHIS' started by The Cromwell, Dec 28, 2019.

1. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Still had Trumps 100 million in fees on vaping in it?

2. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    The Cromwell and DaBunny like this.
  3. lordmage

lordmage Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor ECF Refugee Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
  4. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  5. lordmage

Blog Posts:
    well a budget could have a higher tax rate... but with all those scare tactics i bet we will find it on local ballots this year to flavor ban or other such actions not yet implemented into law could even fine some that have repeal on the ballet... maybe if enough people can write it in... petitions and all.

dubya314 likes this.
  6. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I did a quick search with Find and this is all I saw. Page 47 at the bottom.

Tackles the Epidemic of Youth E-Cigarette Use. The Budget includes a new user fee on e-cigarettes and other electronic nicotine delivery system products and proposes new FDA authority to collect user fees in support of its regulatory oversight of new tobacco and nicotine related products in the future as appropriate. The proposal would amend current law to add e-cigarette manufacturers and importers to a list of product categories subject to the user fee. The FDA’s annual user fee cap of $712 million would be increased by $100 million and future collections of all tobacco related products would be indexed to inflation. This proposal would ensure that FDA has the resources to address today’s alarming rise in youth e-cigarette use as well as new public health threats of tomorrow. New tobacco or nicotine products that are regulated by FDA should also pay a user fee, just as other to-bacco related products that are subject to FDA’s user fee.

7. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    https://vaping360.com/vape-news/77638/trump-wants-100m-in-fees-from-the-vape-industry/

“New Hampshire Democratic Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, who recently introduced a Senate bill to assess user fees on vaping products, was positive about the proposal. Shaheen’s bill calls for assessing fees of $150 million, or two percent of vape sales during the previous (2019) fiscal year. “I hope to work with the administration as I rally bipartisan support for my legislation in Congress,””

It should say Shaheen wants ….

8. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    This was in the budget and is now law.

Tackles the Epidemic of Youth E-Cigarette Use. The Budget includes a new user fee on ecigarettes and other electronic nicotine delivery system products and proposes new FDA authority to collect user fees in support of its regulatory oversight of new tobacco and nicotine related products in the future as appropriate. The proposal would amend current law to add e-cigarette manufacturers and importers to a list of product categories subject to the user fee. The FDA’s annual user fee cap of $712 million would be increased by $100 million and future collections of all tobacco related products would be indexed to inflation. This proposal would ensure that FDA has the resources to address today’s alarming rise in youth e-cigarette use as well as new public health threats of tomorrow. New tobacco or nicotine products that are regulated by FDA should also pay a user fee, just as other tobacco related products that are subject to FDA’s user fee. Serves Older Americans.
    Page 47 of the budget.
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/budget-fy2020.pdf

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  9. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Boy is there an echo in here or someone just copies and posts what has already been posted?

10. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    How could he do that, he doesn't see your posts?

11. dubya314

dubya314 Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Am I the only one that feels this way? We are in :cuss2: it mode. If they wanna tax it, they will tax it. If they wanna ban it, they will ban it. If they wanna make it illegal, they will make it illegal. We can fight all we want (I have to every extent that I can), but it coming down to, and we have no choice, of do it and risk, or stop doing it. This is what they want, so this is what they will get. Frankly, I'm tired, really tired of talking about it. We all know it is coming down to do it if you want and skate the bs, or don't do it right? Why oh why keep beating the dead (and bad for us) horse? :(

Amber Petti and DonBaldy like this.
  12. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I'm not good reading legaleze. Could someone break it down to plain English.

Amber Petti and dubya314 like this.
  13. dubya314

Blog Posts:
    Naw, we are fucked, chose what you like...

DonBaldy likes this.
  14. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    FWIW I feel a lot of the same way, but I do want to try and stay informed somewhat. I know we will get kicked in the balls, but I'd like to see it coming so I know when to flinch.

JuicyLucy and dubya314 like this.
  15. dubya314

Blog Posts:
    Agreed. Totally how I feel. Admittedly I liks to say we are fucked, but I guess honestly, I do like to hear the news.

DonBaldy likes this.
  16. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    I guess I'm also still holding out some micro amount of hope that it won't be as doomsday as we are all thinking.

17. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    So he says................

18. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    imho vaping will be pretty much beat down for several years but will slowly rise back to a much lower level than it is now in time.
    I am kinda reminded of the supplement industry and it's history with the FDA.

The wide open days of vaping are soon coming to an end.
    Has been fun while it lasted though.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    dubya314 and Letitia9 like this.
  19. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Steve?

JuicyLucy and Letitia9 like this.
  20. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Yep. Now your sneaking peeks so you can repost his brilliant repartee.

Huckleberried and The Cromwell like this.
  21. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    LOL
    Yep I knew it had to be something about Steve since he is the only one on my ignore list.

JuicyLucy and Letitia9 like this.
  22. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    You're so full of shit if you didn't read my posts you would see the threads. Like Letty was supposed to have ignored me also......... Do you think I actually care you say you ignore me? Everyone sees your responses after I post. Douche

23. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    My name is not Letty and I don't recall putting you on ignore stevie.

Huckleberried and The Cromwell like this.