1. THE VAPORJOES NETWORK IS GIVING AWAY A PLAYSTATION 4 PRO
    CLICK HERE FOR INFO

I would try CBD but afraid it might will show up on a drug test

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by SMOKIE, Jun 25, 2017.

1. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    From my research if you use enough, it will show up on a drug test. There is still a trace amount of THC in some CBD that I read.

Has anyone been drug tested here using CBD?

What's the difference between CBD vape oil, CBD hemp oil and CBD e-liquid?
    There is a lot of confusion about the difference between CBD vape oil and CBD hemp oil. Cannabidiol, called CBD for short, is derived from hemp, which is the male cannabis plant. CBD hemp oil from this plant may contain trace amounts of THC, but WON’T get you high at all.

CBD has been used medicinally for quite some time in comparison to how recently has it been used for vaping. The term CBD hemp oil was typically reserved for oral tinctures that were not meant to be vaped, but is now commonly misused to describe cbd vape oil, which isn’t a true oil.

CBD vape oil, more appropriately called CBD e-liquid or CBD vape juice is specifically made to be vaped. They are typically not extracted from cannabis, but rather industrial hemp which is completely legal in the United States, as long as it contains less than 0.3% THC.

Most CBD vape juice can be also taken orally, whereas most CBD made for consumption can’t be vaped. Some CBD e-liquids can be mixed with your existing juice and some are pre-mixed. CBD hemp oil provides people with the medicinal benefits of cannabis, minus the side effects.

2. CactusFanaticus

CactusFanaticus Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Most drug tests have a cut off range that allow a small amount of a drug to go undetected in order to help limit the amount of false positives, for example someone eating a poppy seed bagel and testing positive for opiates.
    The levels of THC metabolites in a person's system depends on several factors, frequency of use, body weight ect.

If you wanted to be on the safe side, vape the cbd only as needed, one study says if you limit your daily consumption to 200-300 mg of oil you are highly unlikely to test positive. Also if you did test positive, request it be sent off for gas spectrometry which will show you are well below the cut off range.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2017
    The Cromwell and UncleRJ like this.
  3. The Cromwell

The Cromwell VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I do not think that CBD is legal in all states.

wllmc likes this.
  4. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
  5. Khassy

Khassy Diamond Contributor

Blog Posts:
    That's my biggest fear as well, which is why I'd only use it if I could get my doctor to approve it. As it is, whenever I have to take a urinalysis, I have to stop taking Benadryl 4 days beforehand because it causes a faint false positive for methadone. :(

6. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Live Leadership VU Live Host Show Host Reviewer Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    Thread cleaned up of the censoring posts, carry on.

Gregjl likes this.
  7. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    The Cromwell likes this.
  8. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I dunno I am just confusticated about it.

Too darned expensive I do know that.
    and everyone keeps trying to get me to do free samples of it in my email inbasket.

9. sundaydriver

sundaydriver New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    All of the brands that I have seen advertise that it is 100% safe for drug tests.

To my knowledge, they check for THC not CBD. And it has to be a large amount.

Keep in mind that each drug they want to check for is an added lab cost.

10. MagicJosh

MagicJosh Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    They say if you vape cbd it can make you a tad bit stoned, something about the burning effects. There is trace amounts of THC in it, Its a fact. Also I was told that If do not want the thc effects from it put it under your tongue.

11. Dave_H

Dave_H New Member

Blog Posts:
    I will extend a word of caution here... Depending on who tests you and what your state laws are, the results of a positive test could be turned in to the NICS. This probably isn't a big deal if you are not a firearms owner, but if you are, or decide to become one, that could prevent you from getting a firearm. If you have a concealed carry permit, it could result in a revocation. Just some food for thought....

12. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    Burning effects from vaping?

13. MagicJosh

MagicJosh Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    i meant heating. my bad... This is what I was told by a man who makes it. If he is wrong I dont know what to say, My mom bought it for me recently.

The Cromwell likes this.
  14. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Plentiful Feasts and Happy Holidays to All VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    @SMOKIE I would never steer you wrong. But in NJ/NY I don't know what regulations are there.
    I will tell you this, CBD is the answers to millions of people suffering from so many ailments. Back pain, migraines, depression, anxiety, cancer, ADD, you name it. Because of the extremely low THC in CBD, many states will not refute it. The only other alternative would be if you obtained a license to acquire stronger medication.

I, myself use CBD and also have a license. I do NOT like the buzz feel. That is why I stick with the CBD strains. There are eliquids on the market sold abundantly. However, you must think clearly in making a decision. Poor grade will pike you in a test. Pure grade, which is what I use, is VERY expensive, but does what I really need it to do.

Don't buy it expecting results just because you 'used' it. The eliquid, although premium does, as all, have an earthy taste to it. I dedicate a cartomizer for mine. When I need it, I use it. Otherwise, I vape on. We all need to take heed to our environment and political climates. Everyone in need of it's healing abilities, don't be afraid.

15. snake94115

snake94115 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    THC passes through you system pretty quickly if I recall.
    For theory sake I think if it is a urine test 3 days minimum 10 days for a blood test up to 3 months for a hair follicle test.
    I'm only mentioning this next bit because it was brought earlier in this thread.
    By comparison it takes most opiates over 1 year to disappear before you'll pass a hair follicle test.Other drugs which I won't mention take far longer.Some even stay around for decades.

16. mattdarat

mattdarat Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hemp derived CBD is not on the controlled substance list. in the more refined (expensive) concentrates there typically is no or only trace amounts of THC. THC is what gives you the high. On some of the lower end brands THC is more prevalent because it is not refined. That being said you would have to vape a ton to get a buzz. I have severe sciatic pain that comes and goes. Taking any form of pain medication is not for me as I have an addictive personality. Along with medicines prescribed by my doctor to reduce inflammation and swelling i use CBD and the doctor is ok with it as it helps balance your system and can help more than just pain. I would suggest talking to your doctor as they are knowledgeable just don't ask for a prescription as they cannot give you one as it is not on the controlled substance list.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

snake94115 likes this.
  17. BigNasty

BigNasty Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    And also DHS creds for the transport industry.

snake94115 likes this.
  18. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    Fuck I didn't even think of that good catch.

19. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Plentiful Feasts and Happy Holidays to All VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Smokie, I think taking time to read these articles will explain a lot. Also, with CBD, instead of vaping it, which makes your ejuice taste 'earthy', you can take a tincture. CBD where you put a couple of drops under your tongue when you need to. Below talks about drug tests.

http://qcinfusion.com/the-legal-status-of-cbd-oil/

http://qcinfusion.com/the-difference-between-cbd-oil-cannabidiol-and-hemp-seed-oil/
    "On the other hand, there is some data demonstrating that at daily doses of 0.5mg of THC from 3-5 servings of most commercial CBD-rich hemp oil products, the positive urine screen rate is < 0.2%. Again, most servings of typical high-quality, high-purity CBD-based hemp oil products contain well below 0.1mg of THC and therefore have over 400-600 times less THC than marijuana products.

What does all this mean? Put simply, a consumer who uses a high-quality, scientifically vetted hemp-based product at the standard serving size is highly unlikely to test positive for THC and/or THC-COOH. However, it’s important to be cognizant that extremely high doses may result in a positive urine screen (that would be subsequently shown to be false via GC/MS). Ultimately, consumers need to be fully informed of the specific regulations posed by their employers and adjust their consumption of cannabinoid products accordingly."

cannabinoids.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Whiskey likes this.
  20. wllmc

wllmc Yes there are typo's and no I do not care :) VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    qoute from High Times Magazine http://hightimes.com/news/politics/dea-cbd-oil-is-not-legal-in-all-50-states/

"My only complaint is with those companies that are enticing patients to buy and business owners to sell their product under the illusion that there is nothing illegal about CBD, when the DEA clearly believes it is.

Even though it is not likely the DEA is going to start raids over a non-psychoactive product that’s visibly curing epileptic kids, it is wrong to sell that product to consumers without fully disclosing the legal risks involved."

21. wllmc

wllmc Yes there are typo's and no I do not care :) VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    if you vape enough of this stuff you will fail a drug test. not really debateable. 0.3% THC will build up in your fat cells where it stores itself for a minimum of 30 days depending on your health, weight, diet, metabolism........... I just care about you guys if you live in a legal state just get a card and do it right if not dont waste your money on this placebo trying to turn a profit. Ive been banned from another place for talking about far less so if anyone wants to continue Id be more than happy to echange conversation in PMs .........and Im out .................

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  22. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    The DEA has backed off that radical idea.
    CBD can't even be classified as a drug legally in any state.
    Just consider this.We know certain vitamins have very specific results when we take them.
    We know certain plants when ingested/smoked/made into a poultice have a certain effect.
    If it were up to the FDA these vitamins/herbs/simple weeds would be classified as drugs.At which point the DEA could start seizing & destroying of those items.After the initial seizure the DEA could then simply pass the task to L.E.O.S.*!

*L.E.O.S. = LOCAL ENFORCEMENT OFFICER SERVICES*
    *IN OTHER WORDS (THE POLICE)*

23. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    What facts do you have to back up your assumptions....CBD comes from one place only that's up for you to decide as an adult what risk is OK for yourself but telling people oh it's OK because i think in my opinion the DEA's wrong but if you look at the links I posted you were find for yourself the answer to these questions you may say and think that the DEA has backed off where in any laws does it say that and what laws are you referencing yourself too and others because I posted facts and law

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    decssiz likes this.
  24. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    Or even a court case or someone who has fought and won contradicting the fact of where CDB comes from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decssiz likes this.
  25. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    Fact reread what I actually wrote.
    Fact my wife works as a Customs House Broker.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customs_broking

She knows FDA policy front to back bubba.

Fact you didn't quote law you quoted a High Times article.

Oh and 1 more thing.
    Do you own or work at Bull City?

26. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    lol ok bubba I still dont think its worth the risk for anyone that has to do drug testing, I qouted a high times magazine that references laws. not wikipiedia about some company your wife works for... and no I have nothing to do with bull city ? why would you ask that ?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  27. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    and for the record Im not against CDB or anything in relation to it, Ive actually had a card to get CDB until it was no longer needed in my state of residence. I believe in its effects 110% Im at the voting booth every time..... what I am against is lying to a person and saying hey this is totally safe and legal, I know it contains a small amount of THC but dont worry about that small amount its not like THC stores in your fat cells or anything right ? its not like overwieght or on healthy people metabolize THC much slower than others, and just believe us and give me your money. people entire lives can be destroyed with one little drug test. to tell people not to worry about these things is irresponsible. so for you to get all over me because Im saying be careful tells me your one of those people that just doesnt really give a fuck. if ypou want to vape THC for 5 years and pretend its not building up in your system thats fine but dont spread that nonsense to everyone else. so yeah if your going to vape CDB vapes the answer is still yes there may be concern with a drug test as the OP was asking not if snakes wife worked for custom broking

NGAHaze and HeadInClouds like this.
  28. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    the real answer is who do you work for? there are many walks of life who run on these forums, someone with a high clearance security job or something may read your nonsense and loose their entire life over 1 failed test. you never know thats why its nessiary to give correct information on these forums rather than what people want to hear. just found this from a company who sells the stuff. even they say though unlikely its possibly ......again the question asked was about drug testing in specific, its actually in the title, we could debate everything else for hours but it has nothing to do with the question asked.
    https://www.highlandpharms.com/does-cbd-hemp-oil-cause-you-to-test-positive-on-a-drug-test-screen

We regularly get asked: Does using CBD Hemp Oil make you test positive on a drug test? Will I fail the drug screen? This is one of the top 5 questions we get asked about using CBD Hemp oil products. Most people want to use cannabidiol for their well being, but they cannot risk failing a drug test at work. So, lets jump right in to this one.
    Please know that there IS THC PRESENT in CBD Hemp Oil Products. But, the concentration has to be below .3%. The fact that it is so low is why people don't experience any sort of the "high" feeling they feel when using marijuana.
    First, its important to note that when an employer, or any entity having a reason to test your urine for a drugs, contracts with a drug screen facility, the employer or other entity has the ability to set the limits of what comes back as a positive for the various drugs being tested. So, for instance, most companies set the limits the same as the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) guidelines. For THC (the marijuana related cannabinoid being tested for in drug screens), this limit is 50ng/ml. This means that if the urine tested has below this amount in it, it shows as a negative test result EVEN THOUGH THERE COULD BE SOME THC present. Anything at that level or above, of course, shows as a positive test result and requires more testing to confirm its findings. Its important to note that not every employer or testing entity sets this level, but it is the most common. Its virtually unheard of for any company to set the limit at 0. There would be so many issues with setting the cutoff level that low, that again, virtually no one does it.
    So, now we know we generally have a little leeway in how much THC can be in someone's urine before failing a drug screen. Now, its important to discuss the presence of THC in hemp. As you may or may not know, the amount of THC in most hemp grown and all legal CBD Hemp products currently being sold in the United States is .3% or less, with most being at or below even .1%. This is such a negligible amount of THC that its virtually impossible for anyone to get any sort of 'high' or euphoric effects from hemp. Most people are using CBD Hemp Oil products in such a way that they are taking in between 1mg of CBD and 40mg of CBD per day. At these levels, the relative amount of THC is so low that any THC present in that person's urine would be low enough to report a negative test result (or passing, if you will), meaning the person would "pass" the drug test. Now, the only other thing to consider here is that, if someone were to take ultra high amounts of CBD daily, say, in the 1000-2000mg per day range (information provided from: Leafly.com at https://www.leafly.com/news/health/does-using-cbd-hemp-oil-result-in-a-positive-drug-test-for-thc-or ), then it is possible that their urine would return a positive (or failing) test result. But, to date, I am not aware of anyone taking this much CBD, although I wouldn't be surprised to learn someone is.
    So, what all this means is that the possibility of someone failing a drug test because of the THC in CBD Hemp Oil is there, but as per Leafly.com, it is not very likely. But, just to keep everyone safe and clear, it is our recommendation to talk with whomever may be testing you prior to using any CBD Hemp products to get their approval. We have heard of numerous employer Human Resources departments allowing employees to use CBD Hemp products once they have had the chance to research them.
    There is one other thing that should be noted here: some drug screens test for THC and some test for Cannabinoids. Oftentimes, the first drug screen given to an employee or someone is a Cannabinoid test. These are given first as they are cheaper to administer. After using CBD, which is a cannabinoid, you will most likely test positive for cannabinoids. However, when disputing the results and asking for a retest, generally a THC testing screen is given. And, again, since the presence of THC is so low after using most CBD products, this second screen will usually come back negative. So, the point is: if you test positive, ask for a retest and oftentimes, the retest is negative.

Angelv942, NGAHaze and HeadInClouds like this.
  29. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    where do I leave this mic ?

Huckleberried likes this.
  30. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    that last paragraph I highlighted should sum it all up and I find to be the most interesting out of all of it, if CDB was legal in all 50 states why the heck is the cheapest most often used test done for canbanoinds lol.................. this is such a dumb topic for this forum

There is one other thing that should be noted here: some drug screens test for THC and some test for Cannabinoids. Oftentimes, the first drug screen given to an employee or someone is a Cannabinoid test. These are given first as they are cheaper to administer. After using CBD, which is a cannabinoid, you will most likely test positive for cannabinoids

31. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    Kind of piecemeal here but I'm drunk so here we go...Buckle up my friends!

o.0
    You trolling me bubba?
    Or do you honestly not understand the wiki article.

I never said that please reread what I actually wrote...Take your time and let the words sink in.

That would be a Question not an Answer.
    I see you might be the type of person to become easily confused.

It was not nonsense.
    Oh and I never told or even remotely suggested anybody do anything.

Well it might have something to do with your signature.
    I've copied and pasted it below in case you forgot what your own damn signature actually is.

Bull City Flavors Community Packs click me for easy access to the best recipes all in one spot
    ^^^ SEE THAT ^^^
    Derp!

Same place you stole it.

PS : GAWD THE FERENGI WERE RIGHT (NO GOOD DEED EVER GOES UNPUNISHED)

EDIT : SYNTAX ERROR DUE TO DRUNKEN STUPOR

32. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    Alright I'm done.

Have a nice night everybody...Cheers!

33. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    could care less who you are

ok I will

because you have such insight to the DEA and what they are up to.... not to worry right ?
    if CDB cant be classified as a drug why do they have a drug test for it ?

look at your previous quote or are you not saying there is nothing to worry about

oh ya says employed by gotcha

34. snake94115

Blog Posts:
    You seem to care a great deal about what I think or you wouldn't keep responding.
    Drug testing mandates in the original posters case would be chosen by the company they work for not state or federally run.
    I looked at it and at no point did I say what you are suggesting I said.
    Might I suggest you take a reading comprehension course?
    I said what I said.
    You take from it what you will.That's on you bubba!
    It is in every post as your signature.That leads me and possibly others to believe that you either own or are employed by them.

35. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    cool man have a great day

36. snake94115

Blog Posts:
  37. Ms. Trixy

Blog Posts:
    Something all CBD candidates and users should see.

38. lorise

lorise New Member

Blog Posts:
    It depends on how much THC there is in the CBD final product, if there is too much then it's treated like marijuana. The law vary around the world about it. If you are interested just have a look at this really interesting article.

http://vaping360.com/cbd-oil-cannabidiol-hemp-oil/

39. Dave_H

Dave_H New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ooops! Looks like RR55555 fell off his meds...

JuicyLucy, SMOKIE and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  40. SMOKIE

Blog Posts:
    He took it deep! Because he went Postal on a lot members sending that shit to their profile pages.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Khassy, Dave_H and JuicyLucy like this.
  41. Khassy

Khassy Diamond Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Someone has anger issues. :giggle:

Dave_H likes this.
  42. Misty85

Misty85 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I just recently bought cbd oil and was dropping it under my tongue. Heard it was good for arthritis. Well, took a drug test today and i FAILED FOR THC. It was an instant test so i am hoping that when they send it to a labthe results will show different. I do NOT SMOKE WEED AND AM NEVER AROUND IT. The guy at smoke shop ASSURED ME THAT IT HAD NO THC IN IT! I MADE SURE TO ASK BEFORE I EVEN BOUGHT IT! HE SAID NONE OF THE CBD OILS HAD ANY THC IN THEM AT ALL! I ASKED HIM IF I COULD POSSIBLY FAIL A DRUG TEST AND HE SAID NO! BUT I DID! WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS?!? ITS NOT FAIR. AND HE SPOKE TO ME LIKE I WAS LYING WHICH PISSED ME OFF EVEN MORE.

wllmc likes this.
  43. Dave_H

Dave_H New Member

Blog Posts:
    Oh MAN! That sucks out loud. This is why I won't even think about CBD, as bad as I hurt!

44. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    this is extremely unfortunate and I feel terrible for you. If you go through the above post I have made and read through all the links I provided you will see why you failed the drug test and why many if not all will fail the drug test. CDB is tested for in most standard test and they will almost certainly test at the lab for it since you already failed a dipstick test. ignorance of shop owners and workers and those out to make a buck don't care if you fail a test or not and probably too stupid to understand why. .... let this be a warning to everyone pleeeeeease consider and research what you are doing before listening to some jackass at a vape shop.......CDB and THC are illegal. CDB comes from one place and one place only....Cannabis..... unless you live a legal state and your employer has it in writing that you can use THC or CDB off the clock please no one use this stuff it will ruin your career and possibly your entire life. there is nothing you can do it about it because you smoked it. ...

45. NGAHaze

NGAHaze Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Right, the legality of it notwithstanding, I'd be far more concerned with how it might affect my current and future employment. For the vast majority of us, a failed test could definitely be a problem.

Oddly enough however, Snoop Dog seemingly has no issues finding a job ... go figure. :huh:

:D

wllmc likes this.
  46. Bryant

Bryant New Member

Blog Posts:
    Also worried CBD will result in drug test, that will not be funny.

47. daddyrabbit

daddyrabbit Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    LOL @ Misty85. THAT is your one and only post on this forum. Suspicious.