Member For 5 Years
Usually keep between 3.5-4.2 volts and 10-13 watts with coils at 1.8-2.2

Is there an ideal setting?

Tapatalk: Samsung Note III

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope.

It's what works for your topper/juice and you, within the range of the mod. :)
I am vaping 1.8-2.4 ohms stuff on it at 10W, but that's just me.

Unless you are REALLY picky, then PhilB has testing stuff...

He recommends using stacked 18350 for max power, it's what I use as it saves the pricey 18650s for mechs. ;-)

Last edited:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all, I keep mine set to VW.

Then I pick my topper, fill with E-Liquid and start at around 7.5 watts and work my way up, then back down until I find the perfect setting for the liquid and the topper and coil.

Then I make a mental note of whatever the setting ends up at for future reference.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
True, I only really use the VV when I'm dry-burning coils. I set to 3.7v and then I can dry-burn without popping shit.

(The VW will get too hot too fast for that)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
True, I only really use the VV when I'm dry-burning coils. I set to 3.7v and then I can dry-burn without popping shit.

(The VW will get too hot too fast for that)

Each to their own.

I like my coils to heat up quickly when doing a dry burn as IMHO, it is a better way to remove the gunk.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Each to their own.

I like my coils to heat up quickly when doing a dry burn as IMHO, it is a better way to remove the gunk.

For RBA's I agree.
I'm using single-coil old Protanks on there though, so not the same thing as a RBA. Once they are fried, it's trash. :)

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same thing I use. I prefer the original pro tank 1 over all others too. Have to rebuild coil at leeeassttt every other day though. Trying to find a way NOT to. Uses a lot of my time :-/
Not really but it is tedious

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same thing I use. I prefer the original pro tank 1 over all others too. Have to rebuild coil at leeeassttt every other day though. Trying to find a way NOT to. Uses a lot of my time :-/
Not really but it is tedious

Sounds like you use a REALLY gunky/sugary juice or your power is too high and your burning stuff. Or, you have bad heads? I get mine from DV for like 5 for $8.

My heads last about a month, sometimes more at 10W using high-VG juice. Mostly tobaccos.

I always take out the two silica 'flavor wicks' and replace them with a small bit of cotton instead though. Perhaps that helps?

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
For RBA's I agree.
I'm using single-coil old Protanks on there though, so not the same thing as a RBA. Once they are fried, it's trash. :)

I totally get where you are coming from.

Yep, a big old RBA coil is not the same as a PT coil..

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like you use a REALLY gunky/sugary juice or your power is too high and your burning stuff. Or, you have bad heads? I get mine from DV for like 5 for $8.

My heads last about a month, sometimes more at 10W using high-VG juice. Mostly tobaccos.

Maybe they're just old? I've had and been rebuilding the same heads for about 2 years now. Been through a lot. Maybe I'll stop being so cheap and get new ones lol. They used to last quite some time but lately not so much. Thanks for link guess ill trash these ones

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe they're just old? I've had and been rebuilding the same heads for about 2 years now. Been through a lot. Maybe I'll stop being so cheap and get new ones lol. They used to last quite some time but lately not so much. Thanks for link guess ill trash these ones

Ah, well, IDK about that end..I rebuild RBA's, not PT heads. They are too cheap and tiny for me to bother with. :D

I use the 1.8-2.0 ohms ones on the SVD, and the 1.5 ohm ones on my Bolt mod.

Link: http://www.discountvapers.com/coil-heads/

He's got a nifty CHEAP ProTank clone of the 5ml Vision Victory BCC too. I have two of em and they work as well as the Vision product..but for $4.

http://www.discountvapers.com/search.php?search_query=adv&x=0&y=0

plinsday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haha yeah I know what you mean. Been trying to get my wife off the protanks and get on drippers but its a no go. So I'm stuck rebuilding them. Course I use em too so I don't have to drip while driving :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bah, I can't keep up with forums and people on smartphones.
I use a digital camera, SD card, editing software and a computer from 2008. By the time I do all of that, like 10 posts fly by. o_O

Anyways, here's my "ADV" Vision Victory clone from DV with a 1.5ohm head on my rubberized 18650 Bolt. (using an eGo-510 adapter for that tank to fit right)

wNCB8bQl.jpg

I love it for out and about...The whole setup cost like $14 and holds 5ml.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Bah, I can't keep up with forums and people on smartphones.
I use a digital camera, SD card, editing software and a computer from 2008. By the time I do all of that, like 10 posts fly by. o_O

Anyways, here's my "ADV" Vision Victory clone from DV with a 1.5ohm head on my rubberized 18650 Bolt. (using an eGo-510 adapter for that tank to fit right)

wNCB8bQl.jpg

I love it for out and about...The whole setup cost like $14 and holds 5ml.

Looking good!

Glad you found the ever elusive ADV for yourself without breaking the freaking bank :D

And I am glad you have found Discount Vapor.

Eric (the owner) is a most excellent dude to deal with!

And by the way, kinda digging on the thick rubberized finish on your bolt.

In my experience, a rubberized finish while it looks and feels good is sprayed on and has the life expectancy of a day fly:(

Yours on the other hand looks like it is there to stay!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looking good!

Glad you found the ever elusive ADV for yourself without breaking the freaking bank :D

And I am glad you have found Discount Vapor.

Eric (the owner) is a most excellent dude to deal with!

And by the way, kinda digging on the thick rubberized finish on your bolt.

In my experience, a rubberized finish while it looks and feels good is sprayed on and has the life expectancy of a day fly:(

Yours on the other hand looks like it is there to stay!

Yeah, I've been dealing with Eric since mid-2012, he's just awesome.

Funny, that "ADV" is actually the name of that Vision Victory BCC clone. Eric named it that because it's a clone and for him, 5ml is All-Day. :D

Yeah, I like the Bolt a lot, feels velvety and is pretty tough for $8.00 ;)

They come on 6 colors too. Perfect for a PV you don't have to worry about.

https://www.vixenvapors.com/587-rubberized-bolt-mod-fire-sale.html

VU Sponsors