Become a Patron!

Ideas for builds using the assortment of wire that I have

Postalangel398

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 24g Kanthal, 26g Kanthal, 26g Nichrome (doesn't have a number after it, just says Nichrome) 26g SS316l, 26g Ni200, 3 strands twisted 28g Kanthal, and 26/32 Kanthal Clapton... This would be a build for the tfv8 rba or one of my rda's: twisted Messes, plume veil, Alliance V2, Troll & an Atty3. I'm currently vaping on a reuleaux 2/3 and a wismec gen3...thanks everybody!

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Regarding the Nichrome, being Nichrome 80 (80% Nickel) is the more commonly used Nichrome, probably safe to assume it is NiCr80. Doing builds on a dual/triple battery set of mods, sky is really the limit. Great thing when I started rebuilding really heavily was to experiment, though once you go above a single core clapton or simple twisted, or simple parallel (wires side by side, same principle with twisted wire only the twisted is twisted together, they are both still parallel wires (single coil technically a dual coil, dual coil technically a quad coil, each seperate wire is a parallel path and decreases the resistance of the coil), battery efficiency will tank (examples dual or triple core fused clapton coils are 2x to 3x the battery hungry coils compared to the single core clapton). Another factor to ask yourself, example the Plume Veil and the Troll are more toward flavor chasing builds or balance of flavor to cloud, where the Twisted Messes and Alliance V2 are geared more toward clouding, so have to ask do you want more flavor or more cloud will determine your overall builds. The TFV8, I'd relegate the Claptons and twisted 28 for that, good balance of cloud and flavor from those in a TFV8 and can take some decent wattage abuse if in the 0.3 to 0.4ohm max range.

The Plume Veil, Troll and Atty Cubed, the 26 Nichrome, SS316L, Kanthal, and 28 Kanthal, especially the Atty Cubed will be great for flavor in the 0.5 to 0.7ohm ranges, will require less watts, the 26 Ni200, the Troll and Atty Cubed would be great for a TC only build with them, in the 0.1 to 0.2ohm range and depending on the flavor of juice in the 40 to 50watts range at about 390F to 480F range would be great flavor chuckers. The Twisted Messes and Alliance V2 either parallel/twisted 26 Nichrome or 24g simple contact or spaced single strand in the 0.2 to 0.3ohm range, you'll be able to really crank up the watts to about 80 to 100watts for some good clouding fun. Just what I would do given the materials, but by all means experiment, you have about a 0.1 to 0.15ohm lowest limit with standard wattage and probably a 0.05ohm lowest with Ni200 for a Temp Control build on those 2 mods.

Postalangel398

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much for the info! I appreciate it...I do like the Clapton's...I've learned how to make fused Clapton's but I don't think I can do that with the current variety of wire that I have. I also love the twisted builds, except for the overwhelming taste of Kanthal in my mouth lol. In another forum I read someone said to increase the ID to 3.0 mm to offset that nasty taste? Does that make sense? Have you ever did a twisted build with 2 different types of wire?

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've done twisted with same gauges of Kanthal and Nichrome80 together, not a bad vape, the Nichrome by nature ramps up faster but cools down slower than Kanthal, so it's quick ramp up speed helps heat up the Kanthal faster. The issue with increasing the ID (or Internal Diameter of the coil, basically the OD or outer diameter of what you wrap your coil on) does help with metallic taste a bit. Because of the larger diameter you can fit more wicking (cotton and such) into the coil, more wicking that can wick fast, more juice you vaporize and increases flavor and cloud production, most my flavor builds I use a smaller diameter generally 2 to 2.5mm ID where my clouding builds I use larger diameters generally 3.0 to 4.0mm depending on the atomizer chamber size. Twisted and claptons are hard to beat on flavor given all the nooks and crannies that the juice can flow into (twisted all those valleys between the wires and claptons all the crannies between the core and wrap wires which allows more juice to be vaporized at once, what is termed surface contact area).

Just remember, that Nickel Ni200 wire can only be used in Temperature Control mode, as it has a very low melting point, about 50F below melting point it deteriorates and enters the vapor aerosol and can lead to Nickel poisoning, thus try to stay below about 520F to 540F on TC when using Ni200.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
make a big upside down cross that says Black sabbath in letters and fire it at 200 watts I have done that its fun

VU Sponsors