Become a Patron!

If anyone can help. :)

c.a.t.a.l.y.s.t

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So recently,
Me and my girlfriend got into vaping. We've been looking into it for the past few months and finally decided We'd start off with some basic kamry k101 telescope mods. We saw alot of great reviews and the price was perfect for our limited budget. Well. Unfortunately the mods turned out to be very low quality clones. There were missing pieces such as the insulator ring on the firing button spring and a few other things. After spending more money to get the missing pieces, we noticed they were having alot of problems. Overheating batteries, dry hits, misfires, pretty sure the batteries almost vented. I had buddy check my tank and mod out to see if maybe there was a short somewhere but sadly it's not. Well after several days of looking around on the Internet for answers we couldn't find much. So we took it to a local well established vape shop to ask some questions. We came to find out that these were very low quality clones. The guy at the store showed us a legitimate k101 and the threading was completely different, and the metals were also definitely different. The metal of our clones was half as thick and seemed more conductive than the ones we were shown.

Sorry for the wall of text. But this seems like the proper place to ask for help.

If anyone would be willing to donate anything they may not need, we would be more than grateful. I dont want to ask for anything specific, but any old mods, batteries, juices, tanks would be amazing.
Just need some help.. :( extremely bummed out that my first experience buying a mod was a bad one..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So if you had to start over again, what is your budget?

c.a.t.a.l.y.s.t

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like 100$ we paid 35$ per mod ± 10$ per mod for the missing parts and then 10$ on juice. A friend had gave us some extra juice since we couldn't afford much.
Looking back on it, I really wish I would have gone to a vape store instead of ordering online. It's what I get for trusting reviews people leave.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can actually do quite well with $100.00 for 2 people.

On Fasttech.com you can now buy Authentic Eleaf 20w mods for $21.00 each...You can also buy many decent starter tanks for $10.00 or less...so youre looking at less than $75.00 for both you and the girlfriend with much better products to start with...The big loophole here is the time it takes to be delivered...can be up to 30 days but shipping is free at fasttech.

The eleaf is a solid device and not many would argue that..The tanks however you should ask around about.

Dont let ALL clones scare you away..some are actually as good if not better than some authentics when it comes to tanks and even some mods.

If you are on a serious budget the ego batteries and small tanks will do you good till you can get nicer stuff...you can buy authentic Kanger EVOD 650mah batteries and tanks in a blister pack for $10.00 now plus shipping...if the soul purpose is to stay off cigs, they will work for you...The kanger kit is a quality set up even for being such low cost...They werent so low when i started..i paid 54 dollars for my evod kit.

c.a.t.a.l.y.s.t

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried regular ego/evod kits and they just don't do it for me. And honestly I don't even know when the next time I'll even have that kind of spare cash. We're in the process of moving and our money is just gone lol. And with the timing of moving and our string of bills we won't have disposable income for a few months. @.@ otherwise I'd be all over that.

I've asked fellow vaping friends for some assistance but noone can seem to spare anything extra.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well if you smoke its alot more to buy cigarettes than it is to buy the ego kit or something from fasttech for a month..Youll save some money big time..Im figuring 1 pack a day for 30 days is about $150.00

If i had anything to pass on it would be an old kanger ego battery that still charges just fine and charger with one clone evod tank..But if those dont work for you im not sure i can help much...Considering this was your second post on here it may be difficult to get something better than an old ego set up if anything at all..Alot of scammers on here so, new members are sort of difficult to help right away.

Wish you the best of luck.

c.a.t.a.l.y.s.t

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea, i figured it would be a long shot. But it doesn't hurt to ask. I find that the evod/ego don't hold long enough charge for all day vaping like mods do, and I always feel like the puffs aren't as satisfying as a cigarette. I've tried tons of different coils for those evod tanks when I had my first dabble with vaping 2 years ago. ( eventually switched back to cigs after 2 months)

I really like these mods, they give me so much more bang for my buck than anything I've tried before.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My kit came with 2 batteries..2 will last you a full day, at least it did for me and i was a pack a day smoker by myself.

what tanks were you using on the k101 mods?

c.a.t.a.l.y.s.t

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They came with a single cartomizer. That's one of the things it was missing. The kits were supposed to have two cartomizers, but the outlet they were purchased from did not include the extra carto. My friend let me borrow his herkales sub ohm tank and a Samsung INR 18650 25R. To use with it. But those sub ohms were way to hot to run with a mod that's already having problems.

One of the mods actually just started auto firing this morning and the sealing In the base of the carto melted out of the bottom. It smelled horrible

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So let me ask what it is that didnt work for you on a ego set up...not enough air draw?...not enough vapor?

c.a.t.a.l.y.s.t

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well it's the battery life, lack of vapor, the cheap quality of the pen itself. Just from my experience and the experiences and advice of my friends who are long time vapers I just wanna stay clear of the ego/evod setups.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, i can agree if you have the money for something better..Bit if you are in a pinch and dont want to smoke thats as good as it gets for a pen style set up...You can drill the air holes to get kore air flow..you can put lower ohm coils in them for more vapor..

I built my own coils with cotton wick..Drilled out the center pin on the coil and air flow holes and blew some decent clouds with it..Unfortunately that tank is busted but the kanger set up lasted me over a year easily and it wasnt untill i got that kit that i could put the cigs down and never look back.

http://www.vapesupersaver.com/evod-...anger/?page_context=category&faceted_search=0

For 20 bucks youll have 2 tanks and 2 batteries...Prove to me you bought something like this and ill send you a battery for free so you have 2 batteries and show you how to mod it for ALOT more vapor..I may even send you some of my rebuilt coils with better wire and cotton wick for the tanks.

otto85

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Www.101vape.com is really good priced and they ship usually in less then a day after the payment is processed fasttech can take 5-7 days to ship after the payments processed

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I don't have anything along the lines of what you're asking for (most of my spares I don't intend to keep using are eGo types), but if you really want to cheap out and get some decent gear...

These are $11 each:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009160/2228800-nemesis-styled-stainless-steel-mechanical-mod

My FT Nemi is still one of my favorite mods (mine is this one - the finish faded but it's still working like a champ and was my all-day, every day device for 6+ months: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009160/1649200-nemesis-style-mechanical-mod ). Then go here:
http://liionwholesale.com/collections/chargers/nitecore
http://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/LG

Four LG HE2 batteries (2 for each of you) and a Nitecore i4 charger to share are less than $40.

That's $60ish for some decent starter mechs (since you're already into using mech mods), a quality charger, and a pair of batteries for each of you. Assuming your attys are in good shape, you're back up and running for well under $100, though if you're building your own coils and don't have an ohm meter or multimeter, you should at the very least pick up a Harbor Freight multimeter for another $5 or so.

Good luck finding some freebies, but if that doesn't come through hopefully this helps get you going again on the cheap...

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or you can get an Istick 20 or mini for under $50 that comes with a recharge cable, and regular cart tanks for under $10, still keeping you reasonable for price.Main point being to keep you off the smokes right?

If you can POSSIBLY rough up 5 dollars for a temporary one by possibly asking a buddy to lend $5.00, you can try vape shops. There was one in my city that had a TINY starter kit for 3 something dollars. I could use that in a pinch if push came to shove. Ask all vape shops in your area, even give them calls if they have a number to call, which likely they will.

VU Sponsors