Become a Patron!

if someone also leaked VAPE

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ahh yes Appalachian Heritage not to be confused with the majority of those who live in Appalachia today.

but very popular for hippies back in the day.

They’re aren’t real Appalachians there? I think my ancestors are from there. Just curious.

But then again, there aren’t OG New Yorkers in NYC for the last twenty five years or so, afaik.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They’re aren’t real Appalachians there? I think my ancestors are from there. Just curious.

But then again, there aren’t OG New Yorkers in NYC for the last twenty five years or so, afaik.
Ohh still Appalachians, however lots changed in culture, morals, etc.
Probably about the same changes as most other places. I grew up in the Appalachians. Just not the same today though.
when the firefox books were written any of the oldsters would just say I knew that or somesuch. Now not so much.
So much lost in ways of life, cultures, etc.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohh still Appalachians, however lots changed in culture, morals, etc.
Probably about the same changes as most other places. I grew up in the Appalachians. Just not the same today though.
when the firefox books were written any of the oldsters would just say I knew that or somesuch. Now not so much.
So much lost in ways of life, cultures, etc.

The entire country seems to be in a moral decline, and I’m not a strict person like that really.
The sad thing is there’s no place to go to on the planet where old ways are still intact. It’s depressing!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The entire country seems to be in a moral decline, and I’m not a strict person like that really.
The sad thing is there’s no place to go to on the planet where old ways are still intact. It’s depressing!
Yep the spirit of getting along has turned into fear and anger.
I have never seen the US so divided in my lifetime.
And the fear and anger does not do the ones expressing it any benefit, but does them harm and benefits others...

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep the spirit of getting along has turned into fear and anger.
I have never seen the US so divided in my lifetime.

And it seems no matter what anyone thinks or does, it’s just getting worse. I know we’re in a decline, but I’d like to think it could be slowed a bit. But it seems not.

I was watching a George Carlin interview last night, and he was saying that people are great on their own (singly) but once they get into groups, even of twos, forget it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And it seems no matter what anyone thinks or does, it’s just getting worse. I know we’re in a decline, but I’d like to think it could be slowed a bit. But it seems not.

I was watching a George Carlin interview last night, and he was saying that people are great on their own (singly) but once they get into groups, even of twos, forget it.
I think there is a mathematical formula to calculate the collective drop in IQ based on the number of people gathered.

People look for stuff to be outraged about.

also if you are not familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect google it.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think there is a mathematical formula to calculate the collective drop in IQ based on the number of people gathered.

also if you are not familiar with the Dunning-Kruger effect google it.

That’s so hope killing, I’d figure there would be a chance for the masses, but it appears not.
I’ll google that, thanks. But it shouldn’t surprise me after those experiments they did in some university with faked electrical shocks!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Humans are born greedy little selfish things. Love and compassion, etc must be taught it is not natural to our species.

Another thing tech knowledge is easily passed on from one generation to the next.
wisdom on how to use it to better mankind must be taught to each generation.

there are lots of good individuals in this world. but humans as a species are pretty sucky.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Humans are born greedy little selfish things. Love and compassion, etc must be taught it is not natural to our species.
Another thing tech knowledge is easily passed on from one generation to the next.

Been discussing this a bit recently surprisingly with her BIL. Will still hold to a bit of an Atheist belief, humans are in general born neutrally good. We are taught hate, greed. Have also recently been made aware of some studying painting a picture of only two base human emotions, love & fear.

Fear drives something we get taught called the myth of scarcity. "There isn't enough for everyone", this myth says paraphrasing. That correlates over to, "I got mine, fuck everyone else" and "If I cannot have it all, no one can." Scarcity though is a man made concept much as our concept of time is an ever persisting illusion Einstein spoke about.

I think if one refuses such limiting beliefs, love teaches compassion & hope. Universally there seems always balance despite perceptions seeming to convey a skewed "picture" of "reality". We are also taught life is supposed to be easy, fair. There is nothing to life or the universe which corresponds to some ultimately objective fairness for all, such an idea possibly ought to be accepted as madness at worst, mild delusion at best.

Can also appreciate the lesson of two wolves and the concept of having freedom of choice/will. This I believe is grace. We will continue having that grace too, even in our seeming darkest night. For myself it is that which I call the light deep within the darkness. It is what guides me toward something of Tao way of viewing life, the world, all that is all and suggests balance similar to the Yin & Yang concept.

Sorry if this borders on bleakness and inspiration yet does not commit to either, or rambles most esoteric, mystical. It is only part of my belief, way of living and thought. By no means am I suggesting anyone else adopt it as their own, or such notion/s are "the only true/right way". In a lot of regards I'm agree with you about our seemingly decline, conversely I still hope and see signs for the better as well. I kind of need to do that lest becoming maudlin, ceases forward motion, life. Excuse me choosing to live.

As it is I likely need to go back to "working" graveyard shift again. Seems the mice enjoy our bed and wife doesn't enjoy their company. Ergo, as she slumbers at night, I'll stand watch and slumber by day. To me that's something of little concern. It's just what someone that loves another does.

I could easily be forgiven for loathing our needing to live here again. More difficult it is to understand my refusing to loathe it. Again it's choosing life over wallowing in pity, self granted or not. It is choosing hope over desperation, love over fear. And yes again, I say it is not a choice anyone else needs to grapple over. I also say we could face worse and know we could.

Welcome to the year 2020 in the "greatest nation" on the planet, eh? Ah well, least we can still choose. Highly doubtful that'll ever be taken away. So, in that I'm free.

*grins* "It's a state of mind over matter, don't mind and it doesn't matter."

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i can't believe anyone lives with mice when there are kitties that need homes.

all the best things i know came from MOTHER EARTH NEWS.

*deep sigh* Well, ...

I do agree with you and would have a few cats inside, that I could. That's the rub though. I'm not nor is the wife allowed to have cats indoors or even indoor/outdoor cats here. It seems her smoking BIL has what he claims is asthma and allergies to cat fur. Oddly enough there were plenty of cats here at one time as he lived here, never a word of it. I think what changed was his boys. He feared they would be allergic and possibly one did show signs. Although I think both of them have outgrown their allergies to cats, both also no longer live here in the house. They moved in with their grandma.

Still we kind of walk on eggshells a bit so as to not tip a boat. We'd rather not be here but since my wife earned a dime raise H.U.D thought we could pay $400 for rent instead of $300 monthly, ergo, we had come back from our apartment. At least it had no mice or rats there. The maintenance crew as well as an extermination company kept those at bay from coming into the buildings. The buildings were slab foundations, no real way for them to get in. The biggest issue was tiny little ants and squash bugs coming in at odd times. I used borax for them.

So, yes would we could we'd have at least three cats here patrolling inside and out. Good micers too, none that didn't mouse. We're here temporarily as well. Hoping she will soon get her employee stock paying out roughly February. Then, she has some bigger things to catch up and get us clear. After we're socking the money back toward down payment funding. Looking for about 5 acres, a first and forever home/homestead in the $30,000 to $50,000 range for a mortgage we can keep around $200-$300 monthly so as to manage having it more apt to get paid off. We're looking into a few different government funded options for some help mortgage wise, fixed and locked rates.

I do intend to do some farming, even if merely hobby for us to eat on, surplus to barter/sell. Not going to farm "hard" but hard as in working "smarter" not harder. I'm realizing my age and know I only have so much I can or will be able to do, or manage. Figure the biggest part will be for me alone too. Don't mind that at all, just is what it is and in knowing it, can figure how I want to do. We don't want a mansion or grand estate, just something modest we can work and make nice for ourselves, keep it ours. Yeah, we do know a few things we're not compromising but we also know what basics are needed and can compromise some if needed.

We've even taken the state required home buyer's course, got 89% on it, needed only 80%. We know a bit regarding what we're getting into. Just the "getting there" to get to it. In that, we need to do what we need to for the moment. Unfortunately, that required us needing to come back here. You think I as a husband really want my wife sleeping with mice crawling all over her? If so, you best think again for quite a spell. I promised her granddad and loathe to compromise on that in any way. He also knew me and her are survivors, we do what we need, take life as it comes. I know he would understand. I also know just as I know I don't like it, he wouldn't either. But, here we are for a temporary bit.

Also much as I would love to be able to locate reasonable work outside the home for myself. It keeps eluding me and has for quite a while now. I don't feel right in needing to run 80-100 miles a day to and from a $10 hour job. To me that don't pay for car upkeep, insurance, fuel much less a decent wage to live on. I used to work all kinds of fast food. Well, I'm no high school kid anymore and I don't want to take a manager position at fast food.I've worked farms of various kinds. There's a few around with "bosses" but they got the hands they need and it's "tight" for everyone here 'bouts. Gone are the days too of a smile, handshake getting you on somewhere. I've also done janitor work but shit, 200 in line for anything of that open. It's not that I don't want to work, it's that by the time a listing is out, it's filled four times over. As said, "tight" all over for everybody.

As a young boy into young man years I've done nearly every kind of "shit" work there is to do and then some not listed in the "book of shit work". I also had my fair share of playing hard to match the hard working I did. I'm the lot what they put in place of four to six men, "here you cover all these different jobs. somebody might relieve you, sometime, maybe, ...". I didn't give a fuck, it was all fun to me. My granddads all tried working me to death too. I took it all in stride. The young bucks take care of the older guys, we pick up their slack, it's just what you do coming up. You do it without being asked too, do it because it's right. But at the same time a young buck leaves the "tail ends" to let the older guys contribute. My point in this paragraph is that I've got too many been there done that shirts and I'm now in the place of the older guys I used to help. I'm only near 48 but the miles not been so kind.

Now, fellow down the way building a small pole structure garage. He mentioned needing extra hands but until he asks, won't know if he needs me working for him. And yes, him being about my age, he needs to directly ask me. I need to hear him ask, not just "well, I might could use a few extra hands". Small one off job, I'm sure he'd pay fair "under the table" for a little "contracting". It would at least be that much, maybe good word for something else or put onto something else. But again, kind of depends on him saying something. I don't want to go imposing myself into his job. That's just not done nor is "begging" for work., though around here there's places seem to think you ought to beg. I don't bother. If you need help, you pay a wage get workers. You don't tell workers to pay you for a trial week of working for them. Bullshit!

So, meantime I'm trying to write at pro level. Might seem I'm failing at that too. *chuckles* I may well be. Not sure. All I know is I'll keep fighting, pushing forward. Not much else there for me and I've grown use to thin odds, not that I gamble much.

My apologies this went afar of subject/topic. Not asking pity because I don't pity myself. I keep going, that's just what I do. Even at half my best I'm still ahead of about 80% of folks. The point though is I'm realizing I'm down to half speed even on better days. That's life, will be what it'll be. I'll grab it by the horns and bring it down or leap on over it. Again, apologies it got off topic.

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

there are lots of good individuals in this world. but humans as a species are pretty sucky.
Hit the Nail on the head....and the loss of common sense ...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i.ve been hobby farming my entire adult life.
it's very rewarding.
JUST ONE BITE bars will eliminate mice in a few days.

We've been using some effective glue traps in our room here. It seems the biggest concern is our dog's food. I've also considered all kinds of other nefarious ideas to eliminate them. Rather not resort to a lot of them. *ahem, whistles innocently* And some might find me riding lightning. At any given the glue traps have seemed for now to given the mice a perspective change. "Oh shit, they got traps out, stay away! Stay away!"

I've also heard of various poisons. Had I some castor growing here I'd use some ricin but quite carefully in responsible baiting. Figure it wouldn't take much more than a tenth of a gram of it to eliminate all the mice around here, and if not used cautiously all of the people as well. We found out De-Con is candy for them. Our local Tractor Supply has some stuff they say works well. It's a bit costly though and there again comes needing extra care.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist Ever heard of this, bro?

Perhaps not that exact brand. I'm versed though in a lot of different toxins and know that many different companies use various brand names. Hm, possibly not good to mention familiarity with toxins, eh? Damn, too late. "Big toe, meet mouth. Mouth, Big toe." Hurh.

Clarification: I write and at times write about murder, killing. I've also worked as an E.M.T., C.N.A. I've also done the farm work as well. A person picks up on a lot of various stuff over a life like that. Also worked in poultry plants, on roof tops tarring them, as I said, lots of different work in a lot of different fields, even as a bag boy/stocker in a grocery. You learn all kinds of stuff doing all kinds of stuff. That doesn't imply you'll ever have any kind of malicious intentions with that knowledge. It's just stuff you pick up. Also, in case it's been missed, I'm a bit of a polymath and in large part autodidact.

Well piss, reckon I ought to walk down for supper. Or I may just say fuck it and fix myself a cold cut sandwich. Hm, such a debate, such a horrible problem. *smh* I really don't like eating unwelcoming suppers and don't always want to wait until 6 or 7 for the wife to get in to eat. Now, us on our own in a place able to do I would or I'd fix supper up through the day and have it ready for us when she got in. She's good at ten to thirty minute supper fixing. She cooks, her sister doesn't. :D :)

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Perhaps not that exact brand. I'm versed though in a lot of different toxins and know that many different companies use various brand names. Hm, possibly not good to mention familiarity with toxins, eh? Damn, too late. "Big toe, meet mouth. Mouth, Big toe." Hurh.

Well piss, reckon I ought to walk down for supper. Or I may just say fuck it and fix myself a cold cut sandwich. Hm, such a debate, such a horrible problem. *smh* I really don't like eating unwelcoming suppers and don't always want to wait until 6 or 7 for the wife to get in to eat. Now, us on our own in a place able to do I would or I'd fix supper up through the day and have it ready for us when she got in. She's good at ten to thirty minute supper fixing. She cooks, her sister doesn't. :D :)

You’re prolly better eating on your own, until the old lady gets home! I wish I had cold cuts or meat in general in the house!
:growl: But I did get B12 per your suggestion.

I’m back on eggs but damn I miss rare meat. Or bacon/sausage. My farm place is expensive, but my cravings will have me getting some chorizo or something. Easy to cook at least!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’m tempted to order a cheeseburger from the T-Bone Diner, but it’s gotten overpriced. I may just make do with eggs and no meat!!

What is with this No Meat deal? You always go bonkers over my pictures of what I cook???? :vino::vino:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What is with this No Meat deal? You always go bonkers over my pictures of what I cook???? :vino::vino:

I’ve been vegan for a year. But I can’t take it anymore. I’m craving meat and I prolly need to eat it a few times a week.

Don’t ask, it was a dumb ass idea on my part! Lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don’t ask, it was a dumb ass idea on my part! Lol

OK, I won't but I have a Vegan Neighbor across the street although wonderful people she get sick when she walks into the backyard and I open the grill to a cloud of searing Cow Flesh~! I never saw a Vegetarian or Vegan who thought my Smoked Meats looked good~!

Oh and if you are a Vegan they do not eat Eggs~! She has brought over some lovely Egg Free pastries~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, I won't but I have a Vegan Neighbor across the street although wonderful people she get sick when she walks into the backyard and I open the grill to a cloud of searing Cow Flesh~! I never saw a Vegetarian or Vegan who thought my Smoked Meats looked good~!

Oh and if you are a Vegan they do not eat Eggs~! She has brought over some lovely Egg Free pastries~!

I went vegan to see if it was better. I don’t have problems with eating animals or leather etc. I’ve been eating eggs since I was not getting enough protein. So that with a cheeseburger every now and then has been okay. But next week I’ll be ordering some meat!

I didn’t go vegan for ethical reasons. I like eating meat a lot. I thought it would be healthier eating plant based, but it’s really not!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn’t go vegan for ethical reasons. I like eating meat a lot. I thought it would be healthier eating plant based, but it’s really not!

You see what I cook and one thing I try to do is make fresh vegetables and eat lots of potatoes and rice for protein.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you come over during the summer chances are I grew the veggies I BBQ"ed~! :vino::vino:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ve been vegan for a year. But I can’t take it anymore.

You lasted longer at a year than I did for six months. :)

Glad you got your B12. It was one of the things I recalled needing if you were on a began diet, a cautionary supplement. The B vitamins if I recall correctly aid in helping your body absorb other nutrients better and help immunity. Of course, don't quote me on that because unfortunately I've never played a doctor on tv or otherwise. *chuckles* I just recall stuff I've gleaned here or there and my memory is terrible, well, not fully terrible but anymore I never know.

Eat meat if you want to eat meat. There's all kinds of ethical, environmental reasons against it. At the same time a person needs to eat. That is to say we're as animal as other animals and in the case of surviving a lot of your ethical and religious types agree they would eat meat if need existed. Then, again two thirds of the world also eat bugs as a source of meat, and we here in American think of that as gross. Not me but in general. Yep, have eaten all kinds of bugs, possibly not as exotic as some but bugs nonetheless.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You lasted longer at a year than I did for six months. :)

Glad you got your B12. It was one of the things I recalled needing if you were on a began diet, a cautionary supplement. The B vitamins if I recall correctly aid in helping your body absorb other nutrients better and help immunity. Of course, don't quote me on that because unfortunately I've never played a doctor on tv or otherwise. *chuckles* I just recall stuff I've gleaned here or there and my memory is terrible, well, not fully terrible but anymore I never know.

Eat meat if you want to eat meat. There's all kinds of ethical, environmental reasons against it. At the same time a person needs to eat. That is to say we're as animal as other animals and in the case of surviving a lot of your ethical and religious types agree they would eat meat if need existed. Then, again two thirds of the world also eat bugs as a source of meat, and we here in American think of that as gross. Not me but in general. Yep, have eaten all kinds of bugs, possibly not as exotic as some but bugs nonetheless.

I’m just bored with no meat. Plus I’m craving it if I stop to think about it. Eggs are great if you’re eating other animal protein. It’s just getting really blah, and I’m not healthier.

If I hadn’t gone vegan, I prolly wouldn’t have gone down with some crazy flu for about two months! I’m tired more than I should be, and fairly ungrounded. So nut butter is out of my life for now! lol

Bugs get eaten by animals, so I’ll take them second hand! But if it was a zombie thing and no food, well I’d prolly fall to. But not my first choice for protein!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey the more Red Meat I eat means less cows to contribute to global warming with their cow farts~!

This is true! :giggle: I’m not sure about that methane theory, since I’m not sure if there are more cows now, though!

Definitely a lot of toxic waste and pollution nowadays, though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Years ago at a Vegetarian BBQ I was eating a Soy Burger and did not even know it wasn't meat but I cracked them up when I said I was a Carnivore~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I prolly wouldn’t have gone down with some crazy flu for about two months!

Since I quit smoking I never get a common cold or the flu. Vaping is what I credit for this. If I do catch a bug or feel sick 24 hours or less I feel fine again although maybe a little tired.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Years ago at a Vegetarian BBQ I was eating a Soy Burger and did not even know it wasn't meat but I cracked them up when I said I was a Carnivore~!

Now they’ve got that Impossible Burger that bleeds soy blood! Yikes. Even if they paid me, I don’t want to try it. It’s some lab created GMO non meat thing,

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Now they’ve got that Impossible Burger that bleeds soy blood! Yikes. Even if they paid me, I don’t want to try it. It’s some lab created GMO non meat thing,

I read that that is so bad for you that you might as well chew Asbestos.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Since I quit smoking I never get a common cold or the flu. Vaping is what I credit for this. If I do catch a bug or feel sick 24 hours or less I feel fine again although maybe a little tired.

I only got sick this year, and it hit me hard. It was like getting run over by a train. And it didn’t feel like a normal cold or flu either. That’s another reason I need to up my meat protein. Almond butter or whatever just doesn’t have enough protein!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like I said I have had a Soy Burger and it fooled me but in the 80's Vegetarian food was more natural then it is these days. Not like I eat Vegetarian but was I hanging out with my Hippie Friends. These days this Healthy, Vegan or Organic food is worse than my flamed charred meat cooked on Real Wood Fires.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Like I said I have had a Soy Burger and it fooled me but in the 80's Vegetarian food was more natural then it is these days. Not like I eat Vegetarian but was I hanging out with my Hippie Friends. These days this Healthy, Vegan or Organic food is worse than my flamed charred meat cooked on Real Wood Fires.

Because food is being produced cheaply, and weird chemicals and pesticides are being used. Even in the mid 90’s I started wanting to eat healthy and I was eating tofu and stir fry veggies. But they weren’t GMO and they weren’t grown with glyphosate!

Real wood smoke is better imho than half the stuff that passes for healthy now. Plus processed and “ultra processed” food. :wth:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Because food is being produced cheaply, and weird chemicals and pesticides are being used. Even in the mid 90’s I started wanting to eat healthy and I was eating tofu and stir fry veggies. But they weren’t GMO and they weren’t grown with glyphosate!
Real wood smoke is better imho than half the stuff that passes for healthy now. Plus processed and “ultra processed” food. :wth:

Over my lifetime they said Eggs were no good and Olive Oil was no good to name just a couple. Back then I ate more Home Fries and Eggs and now it is the best thing for you~! Vegetable Oil is so bad you might as well use Cam 2 Oil~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Over my lifetime they said Eggs were no good and Olive Oil was no good to name just a couple. Back then I ate more Home Fries and Eggs and now it is the best thing for you~! Vegetable Oil is so bad you might as well use Cam 2 Oil~!

I know, it’s kind of funny but sad. Olive oil is great. I used to eat so much eggs and home fries at one point, but I loved it. It’s great diner food too, imho.

My dad still doesn’t eat egg yolks, and I wish he’d get over it. But you can’t force someone.

I get eggs delivered from a LI farm.

VU Sponsors