Become a Patron!

If vaping becomes outlawed . . . ??

Steam Machine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If vaping becomes illegal, will we be able to keep the hardware/juices we already own? Or would they come knocking, confiscated our mods like the threaten to do with guns and ammo?

Would I become a criminal overnight, subject to random urine analysis testing? Would they lock me in a rape-cage with dangerous violent criminals for no longer wanting to be a slave to tobacco?

I suppose it would all be done under the guise of "protecting us", denying us the ability to decide what we vaporize, taking it out of our hands and putting our well-being into the greedy hands of those that value profits over our health.

Steam Machine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't get your reference. I mean, I'm familiar with these authors' works, Twilight Zone and 1984, right? Something about conspiracy theories?

Are you the illegitimate, long lost clone uncle of RJ Reynolds and Philip Morris?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

Last edited:

Steam Machine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are they going to pry them from my hands??

That's what I'm wondering, because I read some threat on another thread here, that Florida is threatening to classify vaping-gear as "drug paraphernalia" which is absurd, surely. That seems a lot more extreme than threatening to impose steep taxes. Just curious as to how extreme this issue really is.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
it is not a matter of vaping becoming outlawed. it is a matter of how much will they tax us for are right to buy them in the future.
if vaping is banned. you are the outlaw who vapes. how they fine or imprission such a person depends on the law they write if it is written.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I don't get your reference. I mean, I'm familiar with these authors' works, Twilight Zone and 1984, right? Something about conspiracy theories?

Are you the illegitimate, long lost clone uncle of RJ Reynolds and Philip Morris?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:eek:

No harm meant. And I wish I were as I would be stinking rich!

1984 and Fahrenheit 451

Big Brother combined with the powerful protecting us from concepts that are bad for us by burning books.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then I will become an outlaw....again......most people are unaware of the fact that if the goverment actually enforced every law it has written the vast majority of the population would be in jail.....the whole point of the present goverment is to make so many things illegal that the citizens never voice any opposition to the goverment,because if they do they know they can be jailed for anyone of a number of things.....look at that poor shmuck who made that video the goverment tried to pin for the Bengahzi raid...harmless scapegoat is still sitting in jail to cover the ass of politicians.they found some bulls**t "crime" and tossed his convenient ass in jail for it.
The citizens don't know how many laws they've broken but they do know the goverment can find one to jail them so they try and avoid or fly under the radar of the goverment by being invisible.let's be honest every citizen in america who doesn't work for the goverment fears the goverment.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
There is an old saying that I am about to butcher so apologies in advance.

"The only individual that is more stupid than someone that breaks the laws all of the time is the one that follows all of the laws all of the time"

Hopefully someone reading this thread will find the right quote and post it correctly.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's what I'm wondering, because I read some threat on another thread here, that Florida is threatening to classify vaping-gear as "drug paraphernalia" which is absurd, surely. That seems a lot more extreme than threatening to impose steep taxes. Just curious as to how extreme this issue really is.

Florida law: under age 18 in Florida will be banned from buying electronic cigarettes. went into effect July 1 2014. That's the only legislation and none are in consideration at this time.

Stay aware by joining http://casaa.org/. It's free and they will keep you informed on Local, State and Federal e-cigarette regulatory action

A growing tread in the United States is for schools to classify e-cigarettes as drug para.

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you make vapes illegal then only outlaws will have them,......or something like that. :confused:o_O

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If vaping becomes illegal, will we be able to keep the hardware/juices we already own? Or would they come knocking, confiscated our mods like the threaten to do with guns and ammo?

Would I become a criminal overnight, subject to random urine analysis testing? Would they lock me in a rape-cage with dangerous violent criminals for no longer wanting to be a slave to tobacco?

I suppose it would all be done under the guise of "protecting us", denying us the ability to decide what we vaporize, taking it out of our hands and putting our well-being into the greedy hands of those that value profits over our health.
I'm sure they'd like to, but you can build an excellent mech mod from parts at a hardware store.....probablly build a regulated mod pretty easily....could build a regulated passthru easily.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

From what I understand (from some people looking into the bill on a facebook group I'm in), if the law is passed making vape gear considered drug paraphernalia, then it will only apply if a person is arrested for some other drug charge. ie, you get found with an illegal drug (which a few states have now made legal) so they toss on the paraphernalia charge as well when they find your vape gear.

My understanding could be wrong though

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I understand (from some people looking into the bill on a facebook group I'm in), if the law is passed making vape gear considered drug paraphernalia, then it will only apply if a person is arrested for some other drug charge. ie, you get found with an illegal drug (which a few states have now made legal) so they toss on the paraphernalia charge as well when they find your vape gear.

My understanding could be wrong though
Florida
HB 827
Nicotine-Dispensing Devices
includes nicotine-dispensing devices intended for specified uses in definition of term "drug paraphernalia" that is deemed contraband; conforms provisions.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Who the fuck cares if illegal.
Smoking (staff removed drug references) among other things is illegal... but people do it anyways.
If they come knocking they better not have a severe lead allergy.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrayVaper

Drips in Public
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Florida
HB 827
Nicotine-Dispensing Devices
includes nicotine-dispensing devices intended for specified uses in definition of term "drug paraphernalia" that is deemed contraband; conforms provisions.

(12) Nicotine-dispensing devices, as defined in s.
877.112, used, intended for use, or designed for use in
ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing controlled
substances into the human body.
(13)(12) Objects used, intended for use, or designed for
use in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing c*nnabis,
cannabinoids, c*caine, h*shish, h*shish oil, or nitrous oxide
into the human body, such as:
(a) Metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or
ceramic pipes, with or without screens, permanent screens,
hashish heads, or punctured metal bowls.

Language was ammended and no one has voted on this yet. I live in Florida, so I will be tracking this one.

Kent B Marshall

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(12) Nicotine-dispensing devices, as defined in s.
877.112, used, intended for use, or designed for use in
ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing controlled
substances into the human body.
(13)(12) Objects used, intended for use, or designed for
use in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing c*nnabis,
cannabinoids, c*caine, h*shish, h*shish oil, or nitrous oxide
into the human body, such as:
(a) Metal, wooden, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or
ceramic pipes, with or without screens, permanent screens,
hashish heads, or punctured metal bowls.

Language was ammended and no one has voted on this yet. I live in Florida, so I will be tracking this one.

Me too
This was file in Feb and thru 4 sub committees since.
Don't see a need, but they insist

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
our nation is bankrupt,it's being raped by the elite using the political class somehing like 40% of the population is obese,our children are obese.intetnational realtions looks like a hockey brawl.college graduates are working at starbucks.....and our political class can find nothing better to do than debate and write laws concerning vaping.....anybody that even votes for something like this should be kicked out of office or jailed for taking a paycheck from the people while more pressing issues are at hand.

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The FDA may ban high wattage devices. Never hurts to have lots of mods just in case.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They cant make mods illegal. Smoking devices become periphanelia (sp) when used for ilicit substance. Thats why head shops exist, even if everyone knows what those products are used for. Theyd have to make nic illegal and good luck with that.
Worse comes to worse theyre going to tax on eliquid sales and ban internet sales, which would suck.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They cant make mods illegal. Smoking devices become periphanelia (sp) when used for ilicit substance. Thats why head shops exist, even if everyone knows what those products are used for. Theyd have to make nic illegal and good luck with that.
Worse comes to worse theyre going to tax on eliquid sales and ban internet sales, which would suck.
And probably once again have customs stopping the import of any gear :( 'Course, the first time around they did that, if it didn't get through the first time, you paid china another shipping fee, they resent it, and it would slide through. If they make it a criminal offense to attempt to import it, though. . . :(

VU Sponsors