Become a Patron!

If you have a sec plz help

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi new to vaping about 2 weeks in. The first setup i had actually got stolen out of my car. The tank was a melo mini. Anyway wentt back to the vap store the owner took pitty on me and hooked up with hos personal smok alien 220w and i only had to buy a new tank. The tank i got is the cleito 120 from aspire. I love the set up but the tank itself i am having all kinds of prob with. It leaks alot i watched many videos on how to pervent this so i know i am filling it up correctly.

Sorry anyway my question is what tanks would work with the smok alien 220. Witch do u prefer ?? Im trying to quit smoking i went from a pack and a half a day to 3 cigs a day. Thats why for mw it was worth buying a whole new set up. Im just having issues with the tank love the 220w tho any suggestions guys.

Ps. Something i am confused about is the rig can be turned up to 220w but the coil says 120w.... Thank u sorry about the book up there. Posted this 2 times sorry i found it more fitting here

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, are you wanting to stick with a tank that takes ready to go coils, or a tank that you build coils for? You could technically use any tank you'd like.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Clito 120: Be sure to check that all gaskets do not have any imperfections, are clean, and are properly in place (tank glass, top, and coil). Be sure there isn't something (foreign material) that is causing the gaskets to not seat properly (you may want to remove the tank gaskets and coil, clean/inspect the tank, clean/inspect the gaskets, replace tank gaskets, reassemble the tank, check coil gaskets, and replace the coil ensuring that it is screwed in snugly.

I personally like the SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Beast and Cloud Beast tanks with the Q2 coils.

You need to remember that with a new coil you should prime the coil first with e-juice, fill the tank and let it sit a while (5-10 minutes), start with a lower wattage, and slowly increase the wattage until you are getting the best vapor/flavor/warmth you are looking for without getting a slightly burnt cotton taste. Some coils take a while to break in (loose a funky taste), usually by the end of the first tank full of e-juice.

Mods can have a very high wattage capability but that doesn't mean you need to go their maximum capability.
Coils will have a wattage rating but you don't necessarily need to get that high. It depends on a number of factors such as air flow, e-liquid, draw, etc.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Love the Baby Beast or Big Baby with Q2 or X4 coils at 40-45watts and there's an RBA section to build your own coils.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Clito 120: Be sure to check that all gaskets do not have any imperfections, are clean, and are properly in place (tank glass, top, and coil). Be sure there isn't something (foreign material) that is causing the gaskets to not seat properly (you may want to remove the tank gaskets and coil, clean/inspect the tank, clean/inspect the gaskets, replace tank gaskets, reassemble the tank, check coil gaskets, and replace the coil ensuring that it is screwed in snugly.

I personally like the SMOK TFV8 Big Baby Beast and Cloud Beast tanks with the Q2 coils.

You need to remember that with a new coil you should prime the coil first with e-juice, fill the tank and let it sit a while (5-10 minutes), start with a lower wattage, and slowly increase the wattage until you are getting the best vapor/flavor/warmth you are looking for without getting a slightly burnt cotton taste. Some coils take a while to break in (loose a funky taste), usually by the end of the first tank full of e-juice.

Mods can have a very high wattage capability but that doesn't mean you need to go their maximum capability.
Coils will have a wattage rating but you don't necessarily need to get that high. It depends on a number of factors such as air flow, e-liquid, draw, etc.
Man i have studied and studied this thing. Check all the above and replaced most of it and its still leaking

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So, are you wanting to stick with a tank that takes ready to go coils, or a tank that you build coils for? You could technically use any tank you'd like.
I would like to stick with the pre built. I dont have the knowledge to build my own at the moment. I muchh rather not blow myself up because im acting like i know more then i really do

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I had my cleito 120 only leaked a few times when I first go it, not really sure why or where. I a saw couple possible causes, not sure which one stopped/fixed it
1.) I did end up completely disassembling and have not had any issues.
2.) I was chain vaping a lot when I first got it. I have started to give it breaks when glass is getting hot.
3.) I started being careful putting the delrin tip back on after filling, it was wanting to cross thread if I wasn't looking which could have lead to spillage.
My leaks were never anything bad and I sometimes wondered if the juice was from filling.

After fully breaking this unit in I am really loving it and just ordered the RTA system for it, hope it starts working well for you.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would like to stick with the pre built. I dont have the knowledge to build my own at the moment. I muchh rather not blow myself up because im acting like i know more then i really do
The Big Baby comes with the RBA and has dual Clapton's installed so all you need to do is learn to wick it. Or you have it for when your ready to try your hand at building.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I had my cleito 120 only leaked a few times when I first go it, not really sure why or where. I a saw couple possible causes, not sure which one stopped/fixed it
1.) I did end up completely disassembling and have not had any issues.
2.) I was chain vaping a lot when I first got it. I have started to give it breaks when glass is getting hot.
3.) I started being careful putting the delrin tip back on after filling, it was wanting to cross thread if I wasn't looking which could have lead to spillage.
My leaks were never anything bad and I sometimes wondered if the juice was from filling.

After fully breaking this unit in I am really loving it and just ordered the RTA system for it, hope it starts working well for you.
Yeah i know ita a good one witch sucks. After checking all thw above i took it as maybe the coil is getting loosened when i go to fill it. So now befor i fill i hit the coil with a little twist. Theres no movement but it had become a ritual lol. Its not as bad as the first fill up but still a noticeable loss in juice. Maybe its something i should chalkup to its gonna happen not a big deal kinda thing

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah i know ita a good one witch sucks. After checking all thw above i took it as maybe the coil is getting loosened when i go to fill it. So now befor i fill i hit the coil with a little twist. Theres no movement but it had become a ritual lol. Its not as bad as the first fill up but still a noticeable loss in juice. Maybe its something i should chalkup to its gonna happen not a big deal kinda thing
Two other thoughts;
I started closing the "air holes" at the bottom if filling from empty or close to empty.
have you tried replacing the pyrex tube with the spare in the box to ensure it is not the problem?

btw; How much leaking are we talking, just a little drizzle or something significant? This atomizer drinks juice, I was surprised at how quickly I can go though a tank with this 1.6ohm coil.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The Big Baby comes with the RBA and has dual Clapton's installed so all you need to do is learn to wick it. Or you have it for when your ready to try your hand at building.
This might sound dumb but is it possible to just grab a replacement coil. Tbh im a little worried about trying to build anything lol

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I bought two packs of replacement Q2 coils for mine. I really like the life I get out of the pre-built Q2 coils. But I also build my own coils too.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Two other thoughts;
I started closing the "air holes" at the bottom if filling from empty or close to empty.
have you tried replacing the pyrex tube with the spare in the box to ensure it is not the problem?

btw; How much leaking are we talking, just a little drizzle or something significant? This atomizer drinks juice, I was surprised at how quickly I can go though a tank with this 1.6ohm coil.
Its a nice bit. Aldo i did replace the glass that actually was my first thought. Anythig above the half way fill seemes to leak a good bit

Sporkdroid

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This might sound dumb but is it possible to just grab a replacement coil. Tbh im a little worried about trying to build anything lol
There should have been one replacement coil included in your box. but yes you can get replacement coils. Most places online a 5 pack is under $20.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes there was a replacment in the box once it leaked out juice i changed them out. @Sporkdroid sorry for the confusion the question was about the rda build for the big baby tank im looking into

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, the 25 mm Wismec Reux 6 ml Tank is getting really good reviews. It also has replaceable pre-built coils (5-pack for around $13). I haven't got one yet to personally endorse it.

Angelv942

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Also, the 25 mm Wismec Reux 6 ml Tank is getting really good reviews. It also has replaceable pre-built coils (5-pack for around $13). I haven't got one yet to personally endorse it.
Thank you im going to look into it

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Angelv942
I have heard of this tank leaking because the top gasket was installed upside down. If it's assembled correctly try a new coil or thicker juice.

VU Sponsors