Become a Patron!

If you were me and you had $100, what would mod would you get?

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah uhh respectfully, the DNA is not the last word in TC. I know that's a common belief but there are boards that do TC just as well if not better.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper
Ok, you have your beliefs and that is fine. I don't think anyone has a better chip for tc than the DNA. But that is just my belief. Of course I will always support an American company over foreign companies as well. That might be skewing my thought pattern a bit as well. To each their own. Happy vaping! As always, whatever keeps you of cigarettes is the best. CV

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
By the way. I see a lot of people pushing the G2 all the time. If they ever put that chip in a mod that actually looks good, I'll buy it. G2 mod is ugly. Looks like my old sig150 mod. Plain old box. Again, that is just my opinion. The G2 company should get together with Lost Vape. They could make a really nice looking mod with the FSK chip in it. That would be NICE!

Happy Vaping Everyone! CV

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to respectfully disagree. The alien output what it says and does a decent temp control the sigelie 213 is a joke performance wise in wattage and doesn't even work in TC mode

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
With Sigelei Temp Control you have to set your resistance before you use it in Temp Control. I Disagree with you 'once again! Sigelei has AMAZING products. I own the J150 and it's probably my favorite device. Also the 510 connectors on them are stellar.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to respectfully disagree. The alien output what it says and does a decent temp control the sigelie 213 is a joke performance wise in wattage and doesn't even work in TC mode

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I think the Alien is straight trash!

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By the way. I see a lot of people pushing the G2 all the time. If they ever put that chip in a mod that actually looks good, I'll buy it. G2 mod is ugly. Looks like my old sig150 mod. Plain old box. Again, that is just my opinion. The G2 company should get together with Lost Vape. They could make a really nice looking mod with the FSK chip in it. That would be NICE!

It ain't just ugly, it's fugly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
cca519c876fdc6990e9a6916ea235000.jpg

Here's a pic of mine, screens dead after only a month. My buds bricked after a couple weeks. All 3 aliens i've tried all gave an ohms to low message in ss tc with a 0.9 build.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
How about a DNA75?

If you regularly vape at 65-70W though, it may not be enough, but if that is high wattage for you, and you vape at say 40W usually, I would go for one. I like the SMY DNA75 due to its small size, it might not be enough though depending on your usage but just an idea :)
I'm not a fan of the DNA75 chip. you can get a slice for cheaper and it performs better and with better battery life. the DNA200 and DNA250 chips are awesome though

DNA devices are best for temp control but if you're just looking for a power mod, the Sigelei 213 Fuchai is my favorite mod for the price. Very small for a twin 18650 mod and my original 213 and 213 Fuchai are still going strong after months of use.

they build nice mods that look nice for sure, but the performance is bad. however in her case since she doesn't vape over 70 watts it would work fine in power mode. but she says she uses temp mode and it doesn't work in the fuchai 213 or fuchai 213 plus so IMO it's a no go
Yeah uhh respectfully, the DNA is not the last word in TC. I know that's a common belief but there are boards that do TC just as well if not better.

-William Cowper
this^ is very true. while the DNA does an amazing job at temp control it's not the end all be all of TC mods. FSK chips and Yihi chips (not the ones in the P4U mods but the one's in the SX mods) are on the same level.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, you have your beliefs and that is fine. I don't think anyone has a better chip for tc than the DNA. But that is just my belief. Of course I will always support an American company over foreign companies as well. That might be skewing my thought pattern a bit as well. To each their own. Happy vaping! As always, whatever keeps you of cigarettes is the best. CV

No one is pushing mods. I just think it's kind of ridiculous to make a blanket statement like that especially when it's just not true. The DNA is not the end all be all board when it comes to TC. There are other boards out there that vape just as well if not better. If that offends you in any way I'm sorry.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

hohmtech who makes the FSK mods is an American company like evolv. they are based out of California

trust me, many of us would love that as well. an FSK chip in a finder or therion body would be amazing. unfortunately per their agreement with evolv they can't make mods with other chips. The hohmslice however is a pretty nice looking mod IMO and does the same TC as the G2. it's just a single 26650 batt limited to 101 watts
I disagree
you can disagree as far as your preference for sure, but the chips performance is facts. DJLsb tested the fuchai 213, I personally tested the Fuchai 213 plus. both chips performed terribly
With Sigelei Temp Control you have to set your resistance before you use it in Temp Control. I Disagree with you 'once again! Sigelei has AMAZING products. I own the J150 and it's probably my favorite device. Also the 510 connectors on them are stellar.
I know how to do it. i personally tested the the fuchai 213 for my review. i read and locked the resisitance with a single SS316l coil at .7 ohms and at 300 degrees F it set my cotton on fire lol it just doesn't work. I have lots of testing equipment and i run my mods thorugh a series of tests and the fuchai failed them all. I haven't personally tested the alien but DJLsb did and i trust his results. using an alien and fuchai side by side you can tell how poorly the fuchai performs without any equipment
you are entitled to that for sure, but if you could actually provide reasons why that were factual it would help.
It ain't just ugly, it's fugly!!!

check out the hohmslice, it should suit you a little better ;)
cca519c876fdc6990e9a6916ea235000.jpg

Here's a pic of mine, screens dead after only a month. My buds bricked after a couple weeks. All 3 aliens i've tried all gave an ohms to low message in ss tc with a 0.9 build.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
sucks that you got a bad one. call up madvapes. they do warranties for smok in the US. they'll get you fixed up. Another plus for smok is having a US warranty center. Every device is prone to have a small % of defective ones. the DNA250 regarded as one of the best boards has had many come up DOA doesn't make them bad mods as long as they fix it under warranty

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought they were kinda fugly, until I bought one.

IMG_20170206_114854.jpg IMG_20170207_141617.jpg

Also, I've had 3 Aliens since early November, and aside from one with bad paint, they are all great. However, they have taken a backseat to the G2.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I thought they were kinda fugly, until I bought one.

View attachment 74052 View attachment 74053

Also, I've had 3 Aliens since early November, and aside from one with bad paint, they are all great. However, they have taken a backseat to the G2.
Once you vape it it's funny how you quickly get over the ugliness. Lmao. Personally, I'll take function over form all the the time.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Once you vape it it's funny how you quickly get over the ugliness. Lmao. Personally, I'll take function over form all the the time.

-William Cowper
I agree. plus the slice is a nice looking pocket mod with the same TC ability.
I think for OP slice is the way to go

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The g2 is FUGLY but vapes nice
Ok....

How's that Norelco mod you bought? Have you gotten juice on that plastic platform yet? Is it a bitch to clean? I like shape of that thing but that platform bothers me.

-William Cowper

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How's that Norelco mod you bought? Have you gotten juice on that plastic platform yet? Is it a bitch to clean? I like shape of that thing but that platform bothers me.

-William Cowper

The vt250? If yes!
Didn't buy that!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
im looking forward to trying the Slice..if its really that good, the price I paid will make it 10 times better ($29.99)...This will be the device I try my first TC experience on..If you vape at 60 watts plus though I don't see battery life being all that great even with a single 26650 but its not difficult to carry a spare with you..Of all ive purchased so far device wise, ive grown to love my Liaisimo L1 so far..I like the big screen and battery life has been great using it anywhere between 17 and 50 watts depending on tank/rda used...Normally a $70 mod I got for $44.95 and don't regret the purchase of it.

My Smok, I tried so so hard not to get knicked up or scratched but ive failed in doing so and it has some marks on it that I have no idea how I did it so, for me the alien has really shitty paint and can look like a 1yr old mod in a months time if not conscious about how you throw it around or how you put it in your pocket..Ive done no firmwear upgrades to it and so far its working just fine in my rotation of mods.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nah.... thanks for the discouragement lol...

Lol, c'mon man you know that platform is just gonna be a PITA. lol.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
im looking forward to trying the Slice..if its really that good, the price I paid will make it 10 times better ($29.99)...This will be the device I try my first TC experience on..If you vape at 60 watts plus though I don't see battery life being all that great even with a single 26650 but its not difficult to carry a spare with you..Of all ive purchased so far device wise, ive grown to love my Liaisimo L1 so far..I like the big screen and battery life has been great using it anywhere between 17 and 50 watts depending on tank/rda used...Normally a $70 mod I got for $44.95 and don't regret the purchase of it.

My Smok, I tried so so hard not to get knicked up or scratched but ive failed in doing so and it has some marks on it that I have no idea how I did it so, for me the alien has really shitty paint and can look like a 1yr old mod in a months time if not conscious about how you throw it around or how you put it in your pocket..Ive done no firmwear upgrades to it and so far its working just fine in my rotation of mods.
battery life is surprisingly good and it still hits hard at lower charge. and it'll charge from dead to full in about 90 mins

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The CKS MOD THOUGH..put a shorty atty/rda on top... legit!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
battery life is surprisingly good and it still hits hard at lower charge. and it'll charge from dead to full in about 90 mins
I'll only charge on a .5 amp charger..im not into the fast charging that's being pushed today...That's very bad for overall battery life cycles..having come from 25 plus years of RC racing in both nitro and Electric, a slow charge is always better for any type of battery...Ill buy 2 26650s just for that device and use my slow Nitecore D2 charger to keep me going...Ive only USB charged on one mod and that's the Innokin MVP 20w I used years and years ago and a few ego batteries when I first got started

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll only charge on a .5 amp charger..im not into the fast charging that's being pushed today...That's very bad for overall battery life cycles..having come from 25 plus years of RC racing in both nitro and Electric, a slow charge is always better for any type of battery...Ill buy 2 26650s just for that device and use my slow Nitecore D2 charger to keep me going...Ive only USB charged on one mod and that's the Innokin MVP 20w I used years and years ago and a few ego batteries when I first got started
I don't keep batteries for more then a year anyway so I'm not concerned about stretching the life out of them. batteries are inexpensive anyway. spending 20 bucks a year on 2 26650 batts for the slice isn't a big deal. But yeah you can always just carry a backup too

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone tried the innokin MVP 4 pro? Brings back nostalgic memories as my first box was the MVP 2 lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im personally not a fan of anything with a built in battery...For me if the battery goes south you have an otherwise working mod you cant use due to not being able to change batteries and the idea of when it goes dead and needs recharging you cant just up and go if needed...If I cant pop in a fresh battery when I want i have zero interest in a mod no matter if its good or not....I still have my MVP 20w that charges and works but its not really used anymore and its more of a shelf piece as it was my first real mod aside from a EGO pen style battery...It was like heaven at the time having 20 watts..lol

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im personally not a fan of anything with a built in battery...For me if the battery goes south you have an otherwise working mod you cant use due to not being able to change batteries and the idea of when it goes dead and needs recharging you cant just up and go if needed...If I cant pop in a fresh battery when I want i have zero interest in a mod no matter if its good or not....I still have my MVP 20w that charges and works but its not really used anymore and its more of a shelf piece as it was my first real mod aside from a EGO pen style battery...It was like heaven at the time having 20 watts..lol

That's where you and I differ. I have both styles, but I swap mods so often I'm not really worried about killing the battery life quickly anyway and when I'm at work, I much prefer something I can plug up and charge with a USB. I have a kid and a very busy life, and I don't want to be in charge of keeping spare batteries always properly stored in my purse, nor do I really want to charge them by USB even though the ability is there to do so. I see benefits of having both.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's where you and I differ. I have both styles, but I swap mods so often I'm not really worried about killing the battery life quickly anyway and when I'm at work, I much prefer something I can plug up and charge with a USB. I have a kid and a very busy life, and I don't want to be in charge of keeping spare batteries always properly stored in my purse, nor do I really want to charge them by USB even though the ability is there to do so. I see benefits of having both.

If you like those style mods then by all means check them out..quite a few to choose from in that category..Innokin i consider a high quality company over a lot of others so definitely keep that mod as an option for you.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You have 5 mods. Why do you need more? I know you said you don't need another tank, but yet you carry the aio as it's the only 1 that won't leak.
You love your crown. So maybe try a new sub-ohm tank that you KNOW won't leak. Then you can put the AIO on the shelf or give it away to someone trying to quit smoking.
Have you tried rta's/rdta's? They provide much better flavor and the maintenance price is significantly less than buying disposable coils.

Mods are sexy. But in my opinion the most important components of a pleasurable vaping experience is:
1. Juice 2. Tank 3. Mod

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You have 5 mods. Why do you need more? I know you said you don't need another tank, but yet you carry the aio as it's the only 1 that won't leak.
You love your crown. So maybe try a new sub-ohm tank that you KNOW won't leak. Then you can put the AIO on the shelf or give it away to someone trying to quit smoking.
Have you tried rta's/rdta's? They provide much better flavor and the maintenance price is significantly less than buying disposable coils.

Mods are sexy. But in my opinion the most important components of a pleasurable vaping experience is:
1. Juice 2. Tank 3. Mod

I'm a girl. Do any of us women need 6 different pairs of black high heels? No. But when we see a pair we love we still buy them and have a use for all of them. Same thing lol. I'm not really into building coils. I've tried it, once again my life is crazy hectic and I simply prefer pre-built. I don't have the time or patience for building anything lol

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
lol..i have now 13 mods when 2 more show up im waiting for delivery off.

aholloway1982

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you like those style mods then by all means check them out..quite a few to choose from in that category..Innokin i consider a high quality company over a lot of others so definitely keep that mod as an option for you.

My original MVP still works, i use it as a power bank all the time lol. I have the coolfire tc 100, and while I know others have had issues, mine works great for my needs. Then again, because I do tend to swap mods often, none of mine are seeing hard, all day every day usage either.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My MVP 20w still charges and works just fine...I charged mine maybe 3 months ago and used it till it showed 3.7v then stored it again..doesn't have a scratch on it..lol

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hohmtech who makes the FSK mods is an American company like evolv. they are based out of California

trust me, many of us would love that as well. an FSK chip in a finder or therion body would be amazing. unfortunately per their agreement with evolv they can't make mods with other chips. The hohmslice however is a pretty nice looking mod IMO and does the same TC as the G2. it's just a single 26650 batt limited to 101 watts

you can disagree as far as your preference for sure, but the chips performance is facts. DJLsb tested the fuchai 213, I personally tested the Fuchai 213 plus. both chips performed terribly

I know how to do it. i personally tested the the fuchai 213 for my review. i read and locked the resisitance with a single SS316l coil at .7 ohms and at 300 degrees F it set my cotton on fire lol it just doesn't work. I have lots of testing equipment and i run my mods thorugh a series of tests and the fuchai failed them all. I haven't personally tested the alien but DJLsb did and i trust his results. using an alien and fuchai side by side you can tell how poorly the fuchai performs without any equipment

you are entitled to that for sure, but if you could actually provide reasons why that were factual it would help.

check out the hohmslice, it should suit you a little better ;)

sucks that you got a bad one. call up madvapes. they do warranties for smok in the US. they'll get you fixed up. Another plus for smok is having a US warranty center. Every device is prone to have a small % of defective ones. the DNA250 regarded as one of the best boards has had many come up DOA doesn't make them bad mods as long as they fix it under warranty
HAHA This dude is active! LOL Bro I tried The 213 and It was killer. The V2 is my next purchase! I love Sigelei products. They last forever.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
HAHA This dude is active! LOL Bro I tried The 213 and It was killer. The V2 is my next purchase! I love Sigelei products. They last forever.
You may love the 213 but that doesn't mean it actually does TC. Fact is it does not. That's science talking not an opinion.

-William Cowper

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My sigelei 30w mini lasted about 3 months until the cheap ass 510 threads wouldn't hold any tanks anymore and were stripped...ive never forced on a tank or dropped it...The threads just flat out sucked on it and i picked up a friends sigelei 50w that did the same thing to him...Im putting the chips in custom boxes with a real 510...Glad i don't have TC function to worry about on these.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
the problem is as a fellow reviewer (well actually 3 of us in the convo because @Deucesjack does reviews as well) The most important thing we can do is inform correctly. If we spout out nonsense that everyone knows is wrong you lose credibility and without credibility why would anyone watch a review? I surely wouldn't watch any reviews from someone who isn't credible.

It's fine for you to like sigelei and it's fine for you to say they last a long time. because they do, they are well built for sure. But the chips performance is very bad. I personally tested and reviewed the fuchai 213 plus and it performs like ass. There is no other way to say it. The numbers don't lie and they are also facts and not opinions. it's factual that the 213 performs poorly at high watts and in temp control mode. it's not open for debate, it's not an opinion. it's factual. I spent hours testing it and then recording my video to inform people as such. so for someone to come in who clearly hasn't done the proper testing to call me wrong just makes you sound really uninformed. And the worst part is because as a fellow reviewer, there is always the possibility we make a mistake. we are human after all. But we have to be able to learn from our mistakes. we owe it to our subscribers to be honest and reliable. If we make a mistake own it and learn from it. I'm more then willing to myself to make sure I provide the most accurate data. You are factually wrong in the scenario and the fact you defend it instead of listening and learning leads me to believe you are not a reliable reviewer. So after this thread my question is how can you expect people to take you seriously when you are saying a mod is great that most of the members here know already isn't?

VU Sponsors