Become a Patron!

Ignore feature doesn't work a crapatalk?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard that too, that it doesn't work on tapatalk, so I just use my browser on the phone.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ignored ejuices.com (think that's who it is) because they've posted like 50 threads today. Worked on my computer but not on my phone :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been contemplating just ignoring all the vendors it's just getting way too much...I'm not sure if it's a vapers forum or a vendors forum......Daughters Rule.!!!!.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have more and more vendors on ignore, because when I hit "New posts", it's 90% advertising now and it gets tiring.

But I have a side question: why is it that some of them can't be put on ignore? Can they pay VU so the ignore option is disabled on their profile? I won't name names, but some of these serial spammers really, REALLY could do with an ignore button...

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The thing is, everybody and their dogs makes eliquid. Hell, *I* make eliquid. It doesn't take a genius to make eliquid.
And almost all vendors sell the same mods from China at the same time - which, incidentally, all have exactly the same features and are all insanely boring nowadays.

This market is totally saturated with simplistic, obvious and uninteresting products. Everybody realizes it. So how do vape shops figure spamming a vaping forum more and more every day with these products is going to do anything but alienate vapers?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I have a side question: why is it that some of them can't be put on ignore? Can they pay VU so the ignore option is disabled on their profile? I won't name names, but some of these serial spammers really, REALLY could do with an ignore button...

Nevermind, I found out: it's VU vendors that are also VU moderators that can't be put on ignore.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You could have reported them because one vendor yesterday was a bit out of control.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could have reported them because one vendor yesterday was a bit out of control.

I'd rather never see anything from that vendor ever again than reporting them so I see a little less spam from them. Ignore is your friend :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well I sent a message to VU about it and it stopped for me. I just checked to make sure that a MOD did not ignore them for me because I would not have wanted that. But I see your point and I have agree and disagree at the same time. Takes a little more than what they were doing to have me ignore them but I do have patience from some things. Not many but a few!

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yes the forum software needs a way to allow people with moderator power to either post as a mod when it is called for and that cant be ignored
and their normal day to day postings can be ignored

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Hey Gang... Yes, ejuices.com has been a very busy bee. They are a new Authorized VU Vendor and are filling up their forum with posts. As a VU Vendor they are allowed to post as much as they want in their own sub forum.
Unfortunately, these posts show when you use the New Posts feature.

I will address it with them... But, I'm sure the posting will slow down soon. ;)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Gang... Yes, ejuices.com has been a very busy bee. They are a new Authorized VU Vendor and are filling up their forum with posts. As a VU Vendor they are allowed to post as much as they want in their own sub forum.
Unfortunately, these post show when you use the New Posts feature.

I will address it with them... But, I'm sure the posting will slow down soon. ;)

One helpful feature would be to let entire subforums be ignored. That way, advertisers can advertise all they want in their own sandboxes and not bother those who come here to have a meaningful conversation about vaping.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
One helpful feature would be to let entire subforums be ignored. That way, advertisers can advertise all they want in their own sandboxes and not bother those who come here to have a meaningful conversation about vaping.
I'll ask the Admins if this would be possible.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It would be nice if they were more like Coval Vapes and some of the others who update threads with posts rather than make EVERY SINGLE ITEM a separate post. Just my opinion. :)

Yeah, I like it better that way too - especially because I am not against sales threads, but am against seeing a whole page of new posts by the same vendor hawking the samo-samo

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
There is not much we can do about a new post showing up which is legit in the proper section. You can see the name of the poster below ii so just scroll past it instead of clicking on it. And you can also post your dislike of them posting like that in there thread, so maybe they will get the hint.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yanno, I'd much rather see sale spam from vendors rather than stupidity spam. Some vendors seem to do nothing but post idiotic "information," some of which is downright stupid and other of which is just wrong. But it definitely shows me who to ignore and never buy from.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Unfortunately, these posts show when you use the New Posts feature.

How about a separate New Vendor Posts link and keep vendors out of New Posts?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
God damn I wish the ignore feature worked on Tapatalk. Beating a dead horse, I know.

Try reporting the issue to them, maybe they will get it fixed or enable it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will do. I try to get a long with everyone but I just had to ignore my first non vendor member.

Don't feel bad about ignoring people. I've got a list as long as my arm that includes both vendors and members (mainly vendors). Nothing enhances your forum experience like the ability to shut up salesmen and idiots.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't feel bad about ignoring people. I've got a list as long as my arm that includes both vendors and members (mainly vendors). Nothing enhances your forum experience like the ability to shut up salesmen and idiots.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I uninstalled tapatalk within 48 hours after installing it. Hated it, just pissed me off that it wouldn't let me get around it for some forums. Would love a separate New Post for vendors. Doubt they'll go for it tho. VU needs the vendors. Just a fact of life.

VU Sponsors