Become a Patron!

IJoy 20700 Mech and Regulated Mods

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So Ijoy just started releasing photos of their new mods featuring 20700 batteries. I even found a store in the UK selling Ijoy 20700 batteries. Not sure who makes Ijoy batteries.
I'm digging the dual 20700 set-up.
7811ab454e68c73914d22fd65067bc74.jpg
8460c23c57bfec4b36b9d85be0d67fd2.jpg
2faf13d67492cf6f63b435a0420753ef.jpg
0904f95625a7a02627be85f430c95317.jpg

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Are these better than 26650s? Can you charge them in a 26650 compatible charger?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That ijoy Captain would be great with a 550j board installed , on it ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Are these better than 26650s? Can you charge them in a 26650 compatible charger?

Some existing Chargers will handle the 20700. It's 5mm longer than an 18650/26650.
Edited for math.

Last edited:

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Some existing Chargers will handle the 20700. It's 50mm longer than an 18650/26650.
5mm*****

Mooch has tested the batteries and rated them 30A CDR and 40A Max safe vaping amps which means on a single battery mech you'll be able to build at just above 0.1 ohms on a fully charged battery

Last edited:

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
5mm*****

Mooch has tested the batteries and rated them 30A CDR and 40A Max safe vaping amps which means on a single battery mech you'll be able to build at just above 0.1 ohms on a fully charged battery
Today's math lesson 70-65=5. Thanks for catching that.

I'm totally excited about 20700 mods. I'm hoping a dual 20700 will last me all day (based on my use).

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Today's math lesson 70-65=5. Thanks for catching that.

I'm totally excited about 20700 mods. I'm hoping a dual 20700 will last me all day (based on my use).
Ditto, I think if I could charge a mod the night before with dual Batts and vape at 80-90 watts all day until bedtime I will be happy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Ditto, I think if I could charge a mod the night before with dual Batts and vape at 80-90 watts all day until bedtime I will be happy

I think I'm more looking forward to long life when it comes to the 4200mah (Lower amp but still decent) ones, dual 20700 8400mah mod at like 40watts would last quite a while..

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

Amen to that. My current method is to rock a 2 battery mod (operating within a similar temp range) and keep a pair of fully charged batteries on deck, either in my car or in my pocket. I have 3 paired sets and leave the house in the morning with fully charged dual batteries in the mod and 2 fully charged batteries on deck.

Does anyone know whether the iJoy Maxo Zenith box can fit the TFV12? The mod angles upwards behind the 510 connector which might block the large midsection of the TFV12. I wonder if the Zenith can last all day since it doesn't consume any power except for and when firing (single button, no screen, just has an analog voltage meter). If 3 batteries can keep that running all day, I might have to pick one up. You can get the mod plus 3 batteries for around $50 and if they last all day, I wouldn't need a second triple battery set.

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Amen to that. My current method is to rock a 2 battery mod (operating within a similar temp range) and keep a pair of fully charged batteries on deck, either in my car or in my pocket. I have 3 paired sets and leave the house in the morning with fully charged dual batteries in the mod and 2 fully charged batteries on deck.

Does anyone know whether the iJoy Maxo Zenith box can fit the TFV12? The mod angles upwards behind the 510 connector which might block the large midsection of the TFV12. I wonder if the Zenith can last all day since it doesn't consume any power except for and when firing (single button, no screen, just has an analog voltage meter). If 3 batteries can keep that running all day, I might have to pick one up. You can get the mod plus 3 batteries for around $50 and if they last all day, I wouldn't need a second triple battery set.

I've had triple battery mods before but I just can't do the size, I prefer a mod that lays flat in the pocket. But I would assume since it's unregulated it would have better battery life as long as you adjusted it correctly

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I've had triple battery mods before but I just can't do the size, I prefer a mod that lays flat in the pocket. But I would assume since it's unregulated it would have better battery life as long as you adjusted it correctly

Apparently it's small for a triple battery mod since it doesn't have a chip taking up space. Also from iJoy:

"ZENITH official did tests and showed that the min resistance (stable working) is 0.03Ω."

To that, I say WOW. I have 0.2 ohm staple staggered fused Clapton coils that I'd love to run together, but I don't wanna push resistance so close to the 0.1 VW cutoff most mods have, but with this mod I could push that low. Amazing. Might be my next vape purchase.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Does anyone know whether the iJoy Maxo Zenith box can fit the TFV12?
I believe it fits up to a 28mm tank without hangover, I was considering getting one but went with the Noisy Cricket II-25 since I don't like the battery indicator on the Zenith that kind of leaves you in the dark :/

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I believe it fits up to a 28mm tank without hangover, I was considering getting one but went with the Noisy Cricket II-25 since I don't like the battery indicator on the Zenith that kind of leaves you in the dark :/
Does the cricket last substantially longer than your typical regulated 2 battery mod?

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Does the cricket last substantially longer than your typical regulated 2 battery mod?

Not sure, it doesn't have a screen so it may last a bit longer than the average mod.. I like it because it's freakin tiny for a dual 18650 mod that fits 25mm tanks, like it's only slightly bigger than the VTC mini.

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Not sure, it doesn't have a screen so it may last a bit longer than the average mod.. I like it because it's freakin tiny for a dual 18650 mod that fits 25mm tanks, like it's only slightly bigger than the VTC mini.
O word. I was considering grabbing a single 18650 mod for size (and for my random unpaired batteries) but that cricket looks small enough and I have 3 tanks between 24.5 and 25.0 mm, so maybe I should grab one

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
O word. I was considering grabbing a single 18650 mod for size (and for my random unpaired batteries) but that cricket looks small enough and I have 3 tanks between 24.5 and 25.0 mm, so maybe I should grab one

Here it is next to the VTC Dual in single battery mode... Roughly the same height and only about a cm wider.

gLHMu4c.jpg

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I wonder if the cricket with a silicone sleeve would fit 30mm tanks cleanly. Probably would

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was considering the Presa 100w due to its small size, 30mm tank compatibility, and power curve compatibility (with Arctic fox firmware), but the cricket 2 is just as small and uses dual 18650 batteries and I don't currently own any 30mm tanks (tho I want to eventually get the 30mm aromamizer)

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was considering the Presa 100w due to its small size, 30mm tank compatibility, and power curve compatibility (with Arctic fox firmware), but the cricket 2 is just as small and uses dual 18650 batteries and I don't currently own any 30mm tanks (tho I want to eventually get the 30mm aromamizer)

I have the presa 100. I like it. Great form factor. But it has a Wismec 510 so some tanks don't sit flush on it. I only use it with 26650 battery. I wouldn't want to use it on a single 18650 as I have other 18650 mods.

As for the Zenith, I have already ordered it. $23 from efun. That's pretty cheap for a mod.
7946e5285137b60f1a846195f2a0419f.jpg

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yea I'd only use it with 26650. But if it's not smaller than the cricket II-25 which uses batteries I already have, and it has compatibility issues, then I'll just go with the cricket

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have the presa 100. I like it. Great form factor. But it has a Wismec 510 so some tanks don't sit flush on it. I only use it with 26650 battery. I wouldn't want to use it on a single 18650 as I have other 18650 mods.

As for the Zenith, I have already ordered it. $23 from efun. That's pretty cheap for a mod.
7946e5285137b60f1a846195f2a0419f.jpg
I hate waiting for stuff shipped from China

VU Sponsors