Become a Patron!

IJOY CAPO 100W SQUONK MOD

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Capo 100w Squonk Mod from Ijoy. The device was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Pearl from Cigabuy.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-ijoy-ca...11483.html

In the Box

Contents:

1* IJOY CAPO SQUONK MOD
1* 20700 Battery
1* 18650 Adapter
1* 9ml Squonk bottle
1* USB Cable
1* Manual
1* Warranty Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Capo 100w Squonk Mod comes in a very nice wooden box with just the device laying in the top layer. As expected it has a similar look and almost identical dimensions to the Capo 100W Mod. In the lower section of the box there is the user manual, warranty card, 18650 adaptor, USB cable, a rubbish spare bottle and there is also a 20700 battery included. I recieved the black device which does mean it is entirely black as the coloured versions have highlights of the chosen colour on black, but the lack of colour features (although i like the coloured versions better) still has the same sections that add shape and feature by themselves. The front and back of the device has the same diagonal pill shaped sections, on the front this section houses both the screen and up/down button (it's a rocker type button shaped a bit like a lightening bolt). The back has a honeycomb pattern in the pill shape which is deep red; blending into black with the words " CAPO SQUONKER" written on the diagonal. One side of the mod houses the large fire button which sits flush with the device, underneath is the section that houses the squonk bottle (there are 2 chevrons indicating how to remove this section and a open window for pressing the bottle). The other side has a USB port at the bottom and the base of the device has safety stamps. The very stiff spring mounted 510 sits on top of the device next to the battery top-cap, and finally there is battery venting on both front and back of the device. The device has a nice weight to it and feels very comfortable in the hand.

SPECS:

Size: 78.2*52.3*30mm
Thread: 510 thread
Wattage: Maximum 100W
Suitable tank: No overhang with 25mm tanks
Mode: VW NI/TI/SS TC mode,TCR, Bypass
Unique Custom User Mode
Resistance Range: 0.05~3.0 ohm
Color: Black, Gunmetal, Stainless, Yellow, Green, Rainbow

Using the Menu

The device is a standard 5 clicks on and off but mine does come straight on when a battery is inserted.
There is no menu as such because all you can adjust is the wattage so there is just the one screen. As well as the wattage the screen displays your build resistance and the battery status.

The Squonk bottle

There is a clearly marked (with 2 chevrons) surround which is fitted into place by magnets, once this is removed you have free access to your bottle. Just pull the bottle downwards and it comes straight off leaving behind the stainless steel tube and bung which seals the bottle. Once you have filled your bottle simply push it back upwards (job done). Putting the bottle back on the device when it has liquid in it is best done with your RDA fitted has a bit of liquid comes out the 510. The bottle itself has a hard plastic casing with two softer sections which you use for pressing (i do like the bottle), however the spare bottle in my opinion is cheap and nasty but there are different bottles you can buy separately.

Performance

With the builds and wattage i used the device at (0.13 at 60w and 0.24 at 45w) i found the device performed perfectly and i really enjoyed using it. I will be using the device in future as the builds i do and the wattage i vape at with those builds makes the device perfect for me, however there is an issue. Some people have said the device is seriously under-powered, it actually will do about 90w which for a single battery device is about norm, the problem is it doesn't boost the volts. It's 4.2v maximum which means with certain builds the wattage is well below the 100w the device says it will do. With lower builds it won't be an issue, for example if you had a 0.1 build 4.2v would give you 170+watts so what ever wattage you set you will get. Again 0.2 build will give you 88w at 4.2 so again not really a problem. But for example if you had a 0.6 build and you set the device at 60w it will only give you 30w the same as a mech. Why this device doesn't have voltage boost making it 6.5v for example is beyond me because if it wasn't for this issue i wouldn't be able to fault the device other than it hasn't got temp control. The device gave good battery life and you can fit 25mm RDA's with no overhang.

Pros

Nice design
Squonks really well
Adjustable wattage
Suited me personally
Good battery life
Nice Squonk bottle
20700 / 21700 / 18650 battery can be used
Easy to remove and put back bottle

Cons

Only 4.2v maximum
No temperature control

Conclusion

Most people will have no issues with this device as most builds and at what wattage's they would be vaped at will not expose the fact the device doesn't boost the voltage however it is something you need to be aware of. Personally i loved the device as the builds and wattage i vape at require less than 4.2v.

I would once again like to thank Pearl from Cigabuy for supplying the Ijoy Capo 100w Squonk Mod for the purpose of this review.

http://www.cigabuy.com/authentic-ijoy-ca...11483.html

VU Sponsors