Become a Patron!

iJoy Captain Elite-more flavour,less cloud?

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,
First time poster as I'm new to vaping! Got a great deal online for an iJoy captain elite ps 2170, should get it this week. Seller also including a Digiflavor utank with 2 spare coils as they say it's better suited to a beginner (is that correct?) . I'm an infrequent smoker and would like less cloud and more flavor. I'll be using 0mg juice. What's my best set up to get what I want? Use Digiflavor tank and 0.5 coils at 20w and reduce air flow? Or use Captain tank?
Also what type juice? 70/30? Thanks

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well starting last to first.. PG carries flavor better than vg, so 30/70 to 50/50 should be fine for flavor. Maybe a 40pg/60vg even? Try a few, see what you like best.
Next, taste is purely subjective. Start with lower airflow and low power, and adjust to your own taste. As to which one to use.. again.. personal choice. Try both.
Since you already ordered the equipment, it isn't much use asking "which is best" for flavor. lol. What you have is what you got. Just play with it to get the best flavor with what you have.

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
Well starting last to first.. PG carries flavor better than vg, so 30/70 to 50/50 should be fine for flavor. Maybe a 40pg/60vg even? Try a few, see what you like best.
Next, taste is purely subjective. Start with lower airflow and low power, and adjust to your own taste. As to which one to use.. again.. personal choice. Try both.
Since you already ordered the equipment, it isn't much use asking "which is best" for flavor. lol. What you have is what you got. Just play with it to get the best flavor with what you have.
Cheers! Is the ijoy captain elite a good enough starter kit for a beginner like me?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Cheers! Is the ijoy captain elite a good enough starter kit for a beginner like me?

I haven't used it, but.. it looks fine. 2 to 3 ml tank, decent air flow, large coil, so should be fine. And if you don't like it, you can always get another tank and use that. I don't like recommending any tank I haven't tried, but it looks like a decent enough starter tank. Best I can offer to tell ya, based on the tanks I do own and how they work.

Perhaps when you get it, you can write a review on how you like it and post it. What you like and don't like about it.

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
I haven't used it, but.. it looks fine. 2 to 3 ml tank, decent air flow, large coil, so should be fine. And if you don't like it, you can always get another tank and use that. I don't like recommending any tank I haven't tried, but it looks like a decent enough starter tank. Best I can offer to tell ya, based on the tanks I do own and how they work.

Perhaps when you get it, you can write a review on how you like it and post it. What you like and don't like about it.
Will do. Have you ever used a Digiflavor utank?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Will do. Have you ever used a Digiflavor utank?

nope. I used a vape plum epen battery and tank to start with, then purchased a kanger toptank mini and built coils to run on the 16 watts I had available, then purchased a 100w mod, and my other tank is an Ijoy RDTA combo. (Its basically a drip atomizer with a tank under the wick, kind of like an oil lantern)
I'm vaping on a Tsunami RDA (drip atomizer) as i'm typing this. But.. that is a huge amount of flavor and cloud compared to starter kits and a D2L set up. I go back to the kanger tank sometimes but most likely my younger brother will end up getting it. It would save him a ton on coils, since it has a mini rba deck you can mount your own coils on. (single coil is best, dual coil is a pain in the ass.. lol there is only about 4mm space to work with)

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
One other question - do I need to change coil if I change juice flavor? Or can I wash tank and coil out, dry them and reuse?

VapeRhinoOfficial

Member For 1 Year
The tank that comes with the IJoy Captain while superbly built i feel as though it lacks in a few areas.
The coils that come with the tank are very convenient to swap out as there is no need to unscrew them however i only managed to get a couple days out of these coils maximum and this was while running well under the recommended wattage,the flavour was good and the airflow was smooth however the clouds were not all that impressive and the life span of the coils is rather short, imo. As for the digiflavour utank i cannot be of much help as i have not owned one personally but i have heard good comments about it.As for flavour vs clouds the tank does play a part in it however as a new vaper you may be able to get your desired effect by playing around with PG and VG ratios as mentioned above, the rule of thumb is as follows.
PG = More flavour, Less cloud, Harsher throat hit
VG = More cloud, Less flavour, smooth throat hit
The majority of premium ejuice is somewhere around the 70VG 30PG mark and tends to produce more cloud than regular ejuice which is generally 50/50.

Last edited:

VapeRhinoOfficial

Member For 1 Year
Also a note on swapping flavours, its usually personal preference, some people prefer to swap out coils when they change flavours and some dont. Generally speaking though dessert flavours can stain your coils more than other flavours and if you swap from dessert to fruity flavours often it may be worthwhile changing coils.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
PG = More flavour, Less cloud, Smooth throat hit
VG = More cloud, Less flavour, Harsher throat hit
VG provides a considerably smoother throat hit than PG. PG enhances th and carries flavor better.

scorpio1974

Member For 1 Year
I'm actually finding the digiflavor utank gives better flavor than the captain mini.... But maybe the juice in the digiflavor is just more flavorsome. I'll put same juice in both tanks and see how that goes.

VU Sponsors