KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks,

I received the Ijoy Combo 2 directly from Efun.top. This is available to buy now. I will convey my thoughts and do my very best to provide you with enough information so you can reach your own conclusion on the product, so no recommendations from me, just a final conclusion of my personal experience with it. Please ask questions in the below if I've missed anything you want to know

ZcGRwpy.jpg

Product Overview

Height: 54mm
Width: 25mm
Tank Capacity: 6.5ml
Filling: Side Filling
Gold Plated Deck
Single Coil option
Interchangeable “IMC” deck system
Airflow Slots: 2

Cost: $32.99
Available from: https://www.efun.top/ijoy-combo-rdta-ii.html

Available Colours;
Black, Gunmetal, Rainbow, Red

What's included in the Box?

1 x IJOY COMBO RDTA 2 Tank (Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomiser)
1 x IMC-10 DECK
1 x IMC-Coil-3 Pre-made coil
1 x Ultem wide bore drip tip
1 x Extra glass
1 x Single Coil Plug
2 x Fused Claptons
1x Spare bits pack (O-rings, spare positive pin, Cotton, 2 screwdrivers)
1 x 510 Drip Tip adaptor
1 x Screwdriver
1 x Warranty Card

hhVuMNt.jpg

Presentation wise Ijoy went with their normal plastic box with the sleeve on which is the standard for them. I like the graphics on the front of the sleeve looks like something I’d pick up from the local country club. Scratch and sniff is on the side of the box.

qk2hyz3.jpg

Looks & Initial Impressions

As usual with Ijoy products you get a decent amount of spares in the box no complaints there. I would like to have seen a spare set of screws for the IMC-10 deck personally.

Kwvzi1K.jpg

I’m trying to see the natural progression from the original Combo, from what I can tell the top cap, paint finish, drip tip, and the starting decks are the only differences. The dimensions otherwise are exactly the same from my research, and they can even utilise the same 12 deck options in the Ijoy IMC range. I never owned the original Combo so I can’t say whether it’s better or not in this review but wanted to point this out.

Found the perfect matching partner for the Combo 2 sitting pretty on my Aspire Speeder and is where it’s going to live. Considering it’s got a large 6.5ml capacity it really doesn’t sit too tall on the mod. IJoy even used the same colour and finish by the looks of it.

CppGWWQ.jpg

The emblem is the only form of branding on here and you certainly know it’s there. To be fair though I think its looks smart, as I said before looks like something I’d pick up at the local country club.

The stock Ultem drip tip is standard 810 so will fit all your Grennedy style drip tips. Looks a little on the short side in my opinion but then I’m not a fan of low chuff drip tips, to me they are designed for form and style in mind not the end user. The kit contains an adaptor to run your own 510 drips tips, always welcome in my book.

The RDTA breaks into 8 parts for cleaning and maintenance.

Rh4kEVW.jpg

Build Quality

Threading is great on the connector ring when threading over the deck

The positive pin sits proud of the threading by a fair margin.

tdGo5wi.jpg

My O-rings aren’t tight enough on the top cap (when juiced up). However they are spot on for the housing (AFC Ring) and around the drip tip. I haven’t had any leaking issues from it so it’s all sealed well enough.

The gold plating and paint finish is excellent everywhere. I can report no gold plate bubbling issues from the paint after ultrasonic cleaning, even on the screws on the IMC-10 deck (which failed miserably on my Augvape Druga (I’ll come onto why I called out this particular RDA later).

I’m confused as to why the IMC-Coil 3 has 3 airflow slots on it considering there only two available on the housing. This deck houses up to 3 coils which come fully wicked and installed as part of the kit, which will be handy for new vapers out there wanting to see what RDTA are about. Two things I need to highlight 1) when I put the deck in, the airflow slots don’t actually line up at all, as you draw it circulates round and in. 2) I also noticed the deck doesn’t actually fit properly, my top cap sits ever so slightly off by a couple of mm.

gXGJnUI.jpg

The refill hole accommodates all my refill bottles except from the widest of twist nozzles. Refilling is super easy tilt and fill.

Building and Wicking

The reason I called out the Druga earlier is the IMC-10 deck is a pretty much a carbon copy of Augvape’s deck (albeit without the ability to bottom fill through squonking). I do own the Druga and I know there were report of coils slipping when pulling on them, but it’s not something I have experienced on here. Also the screws feel harder when wrenching them down so will wear less easily.

Much like the Vaptio Turbo-L RDTA measuring from the insides of both post holes you have approximately 13mm width to use so again it’s a builders dream (right up my street)

a3KxRdQ.jpg

For my reviews I don’t like using the same build for every product just because it’s fair, who cares about that! As far as I’m concerned I measure up what the product was designed for and build accordingly straight out of the gate.

I felt some dual 6 wrap 3mm spaced aliens would suit it great, so in they went!

yu3gB51.jpg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Building and Wicking IMC-10

The easiest way to mount coils on this IMC-10 deck is to pre measure to just inside where you want pull them out to, then cut the legs much like you would on a clamp system. Once cut alternate the leg positions in each post, one leg on top of the other and vice versa. Doing this provides a more stable connection to glow the coils evenly (assuming you aren’t using the single coil adaptor). Once the coils are in, hand tighten the screws. Put a coil jig in the coils, then wrench the screws down with the screwdriver (better to use your own if you have one).

There are channels on the deck which you can use as a guide as to how far out to place your coils once they are secured, which worked perfectly for me. Then it’s just a case of ensuring the coils are high enough against the airflow opening for air to get under the coil (I usually sit mine with the bottom half showing when looking through the airflow slot)

vsZzECf.jpg

lwDd42M.jpg

Wicking is a breeze I’ve found it easiest to assemble it all first. I always use Cotton Bacon v2 for my wicking using the “Scottish Roll” wicking method (google this one for the guy who created it).

1) Straight cut them to the length of the bottom O-ring.

Kb5fZhP.jpg

2) Fluff the ends up,

b5LqPAd.jpg

3) Then clean them up give them a little corner cut

D0Hpf0t.jpg

4) Poke the wicks down the holes before applying juice. I found if I try to do it with the connection ring off the cotton gets snagged into the threads when you screw the ring back on (whether I left them dry or pre primed them) leaving gaps which will always end badly on an RDTA!

vyyT2B4.jpg

URL]]

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Building and Wicking IMC-3

I was less impressed with the IMC-3 deck that is a complete pain in the backside to re-wick and to be honest once you unscrew the base to disassemble it all it’s really not very well put together.

Nw3ry52.jpg

TUxLppA.jpg

LXa6prv.jpg

dhDdhgm.jpg

YEHRJeh.jpg

When you finally managed to fit it all back together just be very careful not to over tighten the positive pin under the base. The reason I say this is back up the other end the pin is held in place by a press fit ring! Mine popped off and I had to hammer the thing back on before I could use it (hence why I had to re-wick it to test it the cotton was mashed). I’m rather disappointed IJoy didn’t include one of the other decks in their IMC range (like a velocity deck or postless deck).

qo4rn53.jpg

How’s the Vape?

For me it’s a really refined & smooth vape experience, put it this way you can tell IJOY have got a few RDTA’s under their belt now making small incremental tweaks as they go to get the best from them.

To get the best from the IMC-10 deck I had to drop that stock ultem drip as the top cap was too hot for my liking and I wasn’t impressed with the flavour. I chose instead to rock a 510 drip tip, so wacked in the adaptor and turned the wattage down. Once I did this whole different ball game. Really impressive flavour, pretty much in line with the Ijoy Exo for me running the aliens. Juice now lasts a lot longer and will be how I want to run this from now on.

To get the Best from the IMC-3 deck the stock ultem drip tip works really well as more vapour is being produced from the three coils. Ok it’s nowhere near the flavour I get from the other deck with a 510 drip tip but it still pulls it weight. I’m thinking flavour is along the lines of Smok’s TFV12 here as a comparison.

The draw is nice and smooth on both decks. The airflow slots are very wide. There’s simply no way I’ll ever be using them fully open it’s like breathing through a snorkel! I run this with the AFC about one 6th the way open as its suits my draw style.

I do get a lot of condensation build up in mine which isn’t helping with the O-rings being lose on the top cap. I noticed when pushing the housing back on after a refill I had a wipe of excess juice pretty much as a necessity.

Things I Feel Could Be Improved

1. Lack of spare screws for the IMC-10 deck
2. Stock Ultem drip tip is too small need to be taller with a thinner inner bore.
3. Tighter O-rings needed on the top cap
4. A lot of condensation forming inside requires regular wiping
5. Don’t really see a natural progression from the original Combo
6. The IMC-3 deck is just a pain to re-wick and is not all that well built, would rather have seen one of the other decks

Things I Feel It Does Well

1. Fantastic flavour from the 510 option.
2. Superb build deck on the IMC-10 for larger coils.
3. Very large capacity for an RDTA of its size.
4. Easy wicking.
5. Easy refill.
6. Stylish not a tacky in your face design.
7. Vast number of decks available to buy separately (an additional 10 at time of this review).
8. Fantastic finish on the plating and paint.
9. Part alignment when assembled is very good.
10. Comes with a deck already assembled and wicked for new entrants.

Final Conclusion

As a DIY coil builder at heart I like that Ijoy has the IMC deck design options with 12 different decks to use (I have no idea what this means Interchangeable mode change?) this RDTA shines so much more with a 510 drip tip on the IMC-10 to the point that flavour is broadly in line with what I get from the Ijoy Exo (which is a very good as that’s my favourite RTA at the moment). I never used the original Combo, so unfortunately can’t draw a comparison. However I can say I like this RDTA a lot and just looking at both of them I’d prefer to have this one, as it has a nicer paint finish and better top cap.

Thanks very much for putting up with my ramblings, I hope I covered everything you wanted to know until next time KingPin!

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Thanks buddy much appreciated :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Great review, got that one a few day's ago and your review has all the info I was looking for. Thanks !

Thanks Den glad it helped :)

VU Sponsors