Become a Patron!

IJOY DIAMOND PD270 KIT

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Diamond PD270 Kit by IJoy. The Diamond PD270 Kit was supplied for the purpose of this review by Ema from Sourcemore.

https://www.sourcemore.com/ijoy-diamond-...-blue.html

In the Box

Contents:

1* IJOY Diamond box mod
1* Captain X3S Subohm tank
2* 20700 batteries
1* X3-C1 coil 0.4ohm(60-90W pre-installed)
1* X3-C2 coil 0.3ohm(60-100W)
1* 18650 adapter
1* 510 drip tip adapter
1* Tool pack
1* USB cable
1* Manual
1* Warranty card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Diamond due to being designed to house 20700 batteries is quite a large device and construction is mainly metal, which i'm guessing is Zinc Alloy making it quite heavy, it is also quite broad with it's diamond shaped front and back panels. The shape is rectangular with cut corners and also has a diamond effect fire button so i wrote off the ergonomics on this device before handling but i couldn't be more wrong. Despite it's size and mentioned fire button it feels great in the hand and the fire button feels nice, it might not look it but it is ergonomically IJoy's best device. The central chassis is Black and has panels in the colour of choice front and back, the panel is fixed on the front, with the back panel being removable to fit your batteries. On both these panels we have diamond shaped black mirrored finish perspex panels fitted, making the device very nice to look at but a fingerprint magnet. The back panel has a diamond printed centrally and the word "DIAMOND" printed underneath, both sides of the device has no features on the Black chassis apart from towards the top one side the already mentioned fire button. On the upper tip of the diamond on the front we have "IJOY" printed and lower tip houses the USB port. Either side of the USB port following the contours of the design we have triangular left and right buttons and housed centrally is the large OLED screen (i'm guessing it's 1.3 inch but the specs on IJoys site as you will see in the following spec sections are not very detailed). The base of the device has safety stamps and very generous venting, moving to the top we have a centre mounted, spring loaded, gold plated 510. I received the mirrored blue version which looks stunning but there are plenty of matte and mirrored colour options available. The build quality is very good apart from a slight rattle when shook from the left and right buttons. I have seen a couple of other reviews where you can clearly hear the button rattle and it was mentioned IJoy promised it will be fixed, i have the retail version and while the rattle is nowhere near as bad there is still a slight rattle, i guess IJoy's definition of fixed differs from everyone else's.

Captain X3S Specs:

Material: Stainless Steel
Capacity: 4.2 ml
Diameter: 25 mm
Height: 58.6mm
Top sliding refill design
Wide bore 810 drip tip
Fill part gasket replaceable
Colours: Multitude

Captain X3S Overview

The included Captain X3S is just another Captain tank for which there has been many reviews. The X3S is identical to the X3 apart from it is slightly shorter and no bubble glass, also it comes with the same shaped delrin drip tip which other Captain tanks come with rather than the straight patterned drip tip that comes with the X3. While it would of been nice to see the release of a new tank to go with the diamond, it was an easy option to go with the Captain as the texturing and style of the captain does suit the device well. The Captain, in it's many forms isn't outstanding but is a very solid nice looking sub-ohm tank with available coils that do give good flavour at quite high wattage's. Personally by choice i tend to vape at 60w max and most of the time between 30W and 40w but like i said i do find good flavour with the higher wattage Captain. Included is the pre-installed X3-C1 0.4 rated at 60w-90w which i didn't use on this occasion as both coils i've tried many times so swapped for the also included X3-C2 0.3 rated at 60w-100w which i prefer. I used other tanks with the diamond but did use the X3-C2 coil to see if there was any performance difference between the X3S and the X3, as expected the experience was identical and i enjoyed good flavour and cloud at 70w. Included with the X3S is a 510 adaptor and if you wish to fit your own 810 it needs to be one with o-rings. The X3S has the usual top-fill system, just push where you see the word "PUSH" and the top slides open revealing your fill port, once filled the top can be pushed back into position where it fastens securely. The one disappointment to me is that no spare glass comes with the tank which is becoming quite a common thing with kits.

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PART 2

Diamond PD270 Specs:

Max Wattage: 234W
Size: 92*49*34.5mm
Type: High wattage BOX MOD
Screen blends in to panel
Appearance inspired by the multi-faceted diamond cutting technology
NI/TI/SS temperature control
TCR function
Unique Custom User Mode
Resistance Range: 0.05~3.0 ohm
2 x 20700 batteries, 2 x 18650 batteries with adaptor
USB port charging support
Firmware Upgradeable
Colours: Multitude

Using the Diamond

The battery panel has a little notch on the bottom corner to assist with removing it but i found no need to use this as just pulling it does the trick. The battery compartment is nice and clean and orientation clearly marked. The device comes with a duel 18650 sleeve if you prefer to use 18650 batteries. The panel has large, strong magnets top and bottom and snaps shut very securely. The Diamond is the usual 5 clicks on and 5 clicks off and the only key press combination that i'm aware of is pressing the left and right buttons together locks the resistance. At the top of the screen we have the wattage that can be adjusted in the usual manner and to the right of this we have the 2 battery status bars. Underneath the wattage we have the resistance and the amps, then further down there is a large display of the volts. Lastly on the left side of the screen is the puff counter, moving to the right of the screen we have the mode you are in, preheat setting and seconds vaped. Yet another user friendly menu system with the diamond which to enter is 3 clicks of the fire button, navigation is easy just use the left/right buttons and fire to select. After 3 clicks you get a choice of options which are power, temp, TCR, Set and reset puff, reset puff allows you to do exactly that and set allows you to set screen timeout, you have the choice of 10s, 30s, 60s or 90s. Selecting power allows you to choose between norm, hard, soft and user, user is of course your custom curve and rather than a 10 seconds curve here we have a 6 seconds curve which is about right in my opinion as i personally would have a 5 seconds pull maximum when vaping so all good there. Selecting Temp brings up the 3 wire types, Ni, Ti and SS plus 2 memory slots, when selecting a wire type it takes you back to the main screen where wattage can be set as normal. Now where it did display volts it has changed to temperature, pressing the left button moves from wattage to the temp so you can set it. The final option in the menu is TCR which allows you to input your TCR settings. The device is very easy to use and although i don't use temp control the way the wattage and temp can be simply set on the main screen when in temp control is a big plus for temp control users.

Performance

The device performs well and fire button nice and clicky, i enjoyed using the curve function and the device seemed accurate. In user or hard the device fired instantly but in normal or soft i detected the slightest of delay, but in all fairness i have been using the GTRS P222 and Dovpo Vee which are instant firers which is probably the only reason i noticed the delay. IJoy took full advantage of the raised diamond shaped front and back making this a broad device by centre mounting the 510 allowing for up to 33.5 mm tanks without overhang. I used the supplied 20700 batteries which all now seem to be the 5 prong batteries rather than the previous 4 prong which had performance issues and the battery life i got was at least as good as my most efficient duel battery devices.

Conclusion

In my opinion the best IJoy device to date, including the captain, to come to that conclusion i'm factoring in a combination of performance with aesthetics and ergonomics. Some people will say that's not hard to be their best device but the Diamond is a good device and a real looker. If it wasn't for the slight left and right button rattle and slightest of noticeable delay on normal and soft i would be saying it was an excellent device.

Pros

Overall Good Build Quality
Aesthetically Excellent
Very Good Ergonomics
High Wattage
Custom Curves
Temp Control
Large Informative Display
User Friendly Menu
20700 or 18650 Batteries
Hard and User Instant Fire
Accommodate Up To 33.5mm Tanks Without Overhang
Captain X3S Good Inclusion
Good Battery Life
Firmware Upgradable

Cons

Slight Rattle From Left/Right Buttons
Not Instant Fire On Norm and Soft (Compared to very quick firing devices, not a big issue)
Fingerprint Magnet
No Spare Glass

I would once again like to thank Ema from Sourcemore for supplying the IJoy Diamond PD270 Kit for the purpose of this review.

https://www.sourcemore.com/ijoy-diamond-...-blue.html

VU Sponsors