Become a Patron!

Ijoy Elf MTL Tank Review By DeucesJack

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Full Disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This tank was sent to me directly from Ijoy specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this mod a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.
4f9f8c9b7f073df5b8576e21b7203a57.jpg

First Impression Out Of The Box:

The packaging is really not what I expect from an Ijoy product. Could have used a little better presentation on this one. Nice, a resin MTL drip tip. What is this a metal tank with a glass interior? Airflow on just one side? Yeah, I’m going to have to take this thing apart and see what's going on.

What’s In The box:

In the box you get the tank, spare o'rings and two coils. This tank breaks down into five pieces if you include the drip tip. You have the base, glass, metal sleeve, top cap, and drip tip. Seems simple enough.
ce91f5786a8272b130123be492faa51d.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

Let's start off with the absolutely gorgeous resin drip. This thing is just beautiful;. Just the right length and feel for a great MTL drip tip. It has a double oring at the base and is 510 compatible. It fits nice and snug and it provides a very satisfying MTL draw.

The top cap is nice and beefy feeling. Once removed it reveals a wide open glas tank. No fill ports here. The top cap screws directly into the chimney of the coil. It seals against the glass of the tank with a nice solid oring embedded in the top cap. The threading is nice and smooth and the top caps makes a really nice seal.

Next is the metal sleeve. It comes in multiple colors, mine is black but it is also available in green, white, and gold. It looks like it protects the tank pretty well. It better because there is no spare glass. The sleeve has a triangular cut out so you can check your juice level. The Elf looks OK without the sleeve but I like the way it looks better with the sleeve on. Under the sleeve is the glass. The glass is held onto the base by two o'rings and it is removable. The sleeve is tapered so it only fits over the glass one way.

The base is where you screw in the coil. It has one sided bottom airflow. The airflow is adjustable and has five air holes that decrease in size. The adjustment for the airflow is clicky and it has a stopper on both sides. The 510 pin is gold plated for maximum conductivity. The overall measurement of the Elf is 53mm by 22mm and the Elf has a 2ml capacity.
c0285c553ea0934aa0de95b0ba4b7a44.jpg

The Coils:

Two coils come with the Elf tank. One is a .5 ohm coil that is rated from 25-35 watts. The other is a .7 ohm coil that is rated from 15-25 watts. Theses are by no means cloud chucking coils. Remember this is a MTL tank. I have tried both coils and both of them give a great tasting, satisfying, MTL vape. They almost remind me of Vaporesso’s EUC coils. They look very similar but they vape at much lower wattages. All in all nice coils but I do wish there were more choices.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

I don't know about you guys but every once in awhile I do enjoy a nice MTL vape. In that department the Elf definitely does it for me. I get a very flavorful MTL vape out of it. One of my all time favorite juices is Uncle Junk’s Jon Wayne. It's like a Vanilla Tobacco but much more complex. I love running my John Wayne in this tank. It just tastes fantastic. I cut the airflow down to two holes and I get a nice cigarette type of draw. In fact the Elf has become a part of my morning ritual. A big cup of coffee and Jon Wayne in my Ijoy Elf. The cloud production for a MTL tank is pretty decent as well but make no mistake about it the Elf is all about low wattage flavor.

Conclusion:

If you are a MTLer and you don't want to break the bank on a Kayfun than this Elf is a nice option and it is a legitimate MTL tank with two great coils available for it. I’m not saying it vapes like a Kayfun because it does not but it will definitely give the vaper a more than satisfying MTL vape. This is alo great for the MTLer that does not like to build. Just buy your coils and vape away. If I was a diehard MTLer I could definitely see myself having three or four of these in my daily rotation. As far as being a solid MTL tank the Elf is DeucesJack approved.

***If you found this review helpful please feel free to leave a comment, give it a like, and give me a follow. If you are a Vendor and would like a DeucesJack Review please PM me on this forum. ***

Pros and Cons:

Pros:

* Top fill
* Resin drip tip
* Bottom airflow
* Precise airflow control
* Compact
* Nice build quality
* Simple to use

Cons:

* No spare glass
* Limited amount of coils available
* Presentation

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

Specs:

* Stainless steel + glass construction
* Unique resin drip tip
* Easy top fill design
* Pinpoint airflow control
* Juice capacity: 2ml (TPD compliant)
* Compact, elegant design
* 24K gold plated center pin for maximum conductivity
* 510 threading connection
* 22mm overall diameter

The Tank On Different Mods:

On The Vaporesso Tarot Nano:
2be259620311ead5a55c8e02beb1d14c.jpg

On The Bombertech Block22:
e45277cee130f413b4764bc135a38ec1.jpg

On The IPV Vesta:
48bcbf0e03dc014cf74ff9392ce44fc9.jpg

On The Smoant Battlestar:
a93a5f91d61ef4e880f858a12c435d25.jpg

On The Vaporesso Nebula
d8673ff08e845b9200af7f3efeb39add.jpg

On The Sx Mini G Class:
a955bd0a3e595f2c609b0bf13b851902.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Great write-up!
Meh. 2ml. That EU ruling sucks.

I liked how you said if you were a mtl'er you would have 3 or 4 of these. At 2ml I would need 3 or 4 of these in my pocket just to make it through a work day.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great write-up!
Meh. 2ml. That EU ruling sucks.

I liked how you said if you were a mtl'er you would have 3 or 4 of these. At 2ml I would need 3 or 4 of these in my pocket just to make it through a work day.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.
Not really bro, you gotta remember these coils max out at 25 watts and the resistance is on the high side of sub ohm coils. So, you're not burning through the juice like you would with a typical sub ohm tank that uses higher wattage and lower resistance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors