Become a Patron!

Ijoy EXO RTA

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I finally built the dual coil deck. Man, this thing rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, I've got two of them and they're both single coil. I've got more juice than Minute Maid. I've got more batteries than Tesla. I've got enough cotton to start a clothing store. I've got enough wire to build a suspension bridge. Fuck it, I'm going double on one of them tomorrow...live dangerously, I say. :bliss:

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Benched mine. Top cap and airflow control are both frustrating.

I haven't benched mine but yeah, refilling (without unscrewing the whole top of the tank off) has brought a huge pita factor to the table while using this.

Kind of a toss up everytime I leave the house - no leak with the Exo but potentially risk raging out in public if I have to refill, or deal with needing to wipe of the moisture build up on top of my Aromamizer Supreme.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the looks of the 2ml better for sure, but I go through juice like no other and would be refilling it frequently. The flavor to me, with the 6ml glass is top notch, so haven't even tried the 2ml.

I've got two of them on both of my main setups, absolutely love them. It's only my second RTA (first was smok tf rta) and just amazed at the quality of vape I get from it. Only real problem I've had with it is sometimes over tightening the cap and when taking it off unscrewing the entire chimney (what a mess!). Its only happened twice, so now just screw it on until it feels snug. Before I was tightening it until in spun the jfc.
once I received my replacement 6 ml glass tube I tested it on the single coil Deck with the same build that I was previously running in the 2ml shorty mode, I myself noticed a little bit of flavor decrease because of the slightly longer chimney, I feel like the vapor flavor and production is a bit more like a dripper in the short mode as in the tall mode is more like an actual tank LOL. You should give the 2ml mode a try just to compare, I promise you won't be disappointed, it seems like more of a dense Juicy vape. I also tighten my top cap till it is just snug because it can become annoying when the whole top piece comes off.

Big-Al

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't benched mine but yeah, refilling (without unscrewing the whole top of the tank off) has brought a huge pita factor to the table while using this.

Kind of a toss up everytime I leave the house - no leak with the Exo but potentially risk raging out in public if I have to refill, or deal with needing to wipe of the moisture build up on top of my Aromamizer Supreme.
I haven't really had any issues with the top cap, I just tighten it until it's just snug and all I really use is the 2ml mode so I refill pretty frequently. I have a sweet spot that I keep my air flow control that so I don't really feel that much and if I do I just use my fingernail to slide it no big deal. All-in-all I have not really found a flaw with this tank that personally turns me off from it yet.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I haven't really had any issues with the top cap, I just tighten it until it's just snug and all I really use is the 2ml mode so I refill pretty frequently. I have a sweet spot that I keep my air flow control that so I don't really feel that much and if I do I just use my fingernail to slide it no big deal. All-in-all I have not really found a flaw with this tank that personally turns me off from it yet.
me either. it's as close to a perfect tank as one can get and is a flavor monster and my favorite RTA to date (under 30mm)

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
HahAHAhaHAha I really feel so stupid. This little thing produces a ton of flavor and dense beautiful clouds with a simple twisted coil inside. Meanwhile I've been wasting time arranging dual coils perfectly all this time on griffins and such. Feels like I've had my time cheated away from me....

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
HahAHAhaHAha I really feel so stupid. This little thing produces a ton of flavor and dense beautiful clouds with a simple twisted coil inside. Meanwhile I've been wasting time arranging dual coils perfectly all this time on griffins and such. Feels like I've had my time cheated away from me....
it's not wasted time. it's good experience :)

patgall

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Surprised I haven't seen a thread on this so about time someone made one

201612221710507285.png

201612221612272349.png
201612221711300649.png

201612221612307552.png

201612221612426451.png

and my review of the tank

Quick rundown of the features
1) Dual coil and single coil decks included
2) Separate JFC and AFC
3) 2 or 6 ml capacity kits included

Big thanks to @Heaven Gifts for the contest they had here where i won this.
Open for discussion vapors!
I think @mjag has one of these as well and probably @Paratech so tag your it!

i've been using the single coil 6ml ijoy exo with a 3mm .4 alien coil. Have it at 55W. It's amazing, so smooth, wicks perfectly, splendid dense vapor and tasty as hell. I far prefer it to the engine nano, which was very disappointing for me as the engine nano is too airy and metallic while the quality of vapour is piss-poor. A completely overhyped tank. However, I must try the dual coil version, it could be better. For me, the ijoy exo is one of the best rta's out there for flavour maybe better than the merlin mini. I don't know why there isn't more hype about it. I didn't like the dual coil deck though. As a single coil tank, it's one of the best on the market.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
i've been using the single coil 6ml ijoy exo with a 3mm .4 alien coil. Have it at 55W. It's amazing, so smooth, wicks perfectly, splendid dense vapor and tasty as hell. I far prefer it to the engine nano, which was very disappointing for me as the engine nano is too airy and metallic while the quality of vapour is piss-poor. A completely overhyped tank. However, I must try the dual coil version, it could be better. For me, the ijoy exo is one of the best rta's out there for flavour maybe better than the merlin mini. I don't know why there isn't more hype about it. I didn't like the dual coil deck though. As a single coil tank, it's one of the best on the market.
The full size engine is overrated as well. Muted flavor. I haven't even done a review cause I hated using it lol. I need to review it eventually. The exo is very underrated I don't know why it's not recommended more. It's amazing

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The full size engine is overrated as well. Muted flavor. I haven't even done a review cause I hated using it lol. I need to review it eventually. The exo is very underrated I don't know why it's not recommended more. It's amazing

I agree with you on the Engine. At first I liked it as it was the first tank I bought. But now that I have a bunch more, including two Exo's, I put it away. I also love my Ijoy Combo RDTA, they make great tanks.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I agree with you on the Engine. At first I liked it as it was the first tank I bought. But now that I have a bunch more, including two Exo's, I put it away. I also love my Ijoy Combo RDTA, they make great tanks.
I think that happened alot. Reviewers hyped it people brought into it with really comparing other tanks.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that happened alot. Reviewers hyped it people brought into it with really comparing other tanks.

Yea, I've noticed that there's a lot of hype in this industry. That's why I like this forum, there are a lot of experienced and informed people here. Plus, I can swear here, that's a fucking bonus.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yea, I've noticed that there's a lot of hype in this industry. That's why I like this forum, there are a lot of experienced and informed people here. Plus, I can swear here, that's a fucking bonus.
Fucking right lol

patgall

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As Public Enemy said: Don't believe the hype! Regarding RTA's, would you guys would recommend any others? The Kylin and Ammit dual look like killer tanks but the reviewers could be full of shite, as they usually are.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
As Public Enemy said: Don't believe the hype! Regarding RTA's, would you guys would recommend any others? The Kylin and Ammit dual look like killer tanks but the reviewers could be full of shite, as they usually are.
The exo isn't hype. It's amazing. And I've shit on many hyped ones for not being nearly as good as people make them out to be (troll rta and obs engine come to mind) no clue on the kylin or ammit dual. Same guy designed both but I don't have either. They do look good though

patgall

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Completely agree. You made my point: the exo is one of the best out there. But why no hype around it cause there should be: it's amazing! I gave up on the OBS engine today and put it away in storage. Still getting my head around the Merlin mini though; is it worth all the hype? Maybe it is, just need to sort out the wicking, seems to vape better with less cotton

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Completely agree. You made my point: the exo is one of the best out there. But why no hype around it cause there should be: it's amazing! I gave up on the OBS engine today and put it away in storage. Still getting my head around the Merlin mini though; is it worth all the hype? Maybe it is, just need to sort out the wicking, seems to vape better with less cotton
Yeah I don't get it personally. Many underrated devices and overrated devices out there

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I do agree about the engine being overhyped, but I also think it was the first great attempt at a top airflow atty, which might justify the hype a bit. Personally the drop in flavor compared to the Griffin 25+ I had been using before getting it, was an acceptable tradeoff to the lack of condensation leaks.

It's just that the Exo (imo) walks all over both of those RTAs, as far as my requirements go. I gotta try some hex grub screws on the exo though and maybe a different drip tip too, since my lips are touching the metal, which I'm not too fond of. Any recommendations there btw?

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I took the top o-ring off and can unscrew the top cap much better. Hasn't caused any leaks. Airflow control is still janky though.

chief63

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do agree about the engine being overhyped, but I also think it was the first great attempt at a top airflow atty, which might justify the hype a bit. Personally the drop in flavor compared to the Griffin 25+ I had been using before getting it, was an acceptable tradeoff to the lack of condensation leaks.

It's just that the Exo (imo) walks all over both of those RTAs, as far as my requirements go. I gotta try some hex grub screws on the exo though and maybe a different drip tip too, since my lips are touching the metal, which I'm not too fond of. Any recommendations there btw?

I thought the Griffin 25+ sucked for flavor. Overpriced disappointment. Still makes me mad.

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Its problem was the tiny wicking holes that made no sense in conjunction with that huge build deck. If you could get a proper wicking going, it would give decent vapor, on par with its smaller brother. Why would I keep something merely on par with the griffin 22 is beyond me. Anyway, it was a better device than the mage, so I did keep it for a month before moving on to the engine, with the results I mentioned.

This is a big improvement though.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I took the top o-ring off and can unscrew the top cap much better. Hasn't caused any leaks. Airflow control is still janky though.

Good on you. I took the top o-ring off both of mine and I've not had any leakage. What a major difference as it removes the pita factor for refilling.

Now we need a fix for the AFC.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I left my o-ring on but just snug tighten instead of crank it tight. Works fine, but I may try without it as well.
The threads on the top fill are kind of small and take a little more effort to line up than many of my top fill tanks.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooops, I broke my exo. The AFC ring won't stay on any longer. On a scale of 1 to 10, that really sucks!! And I just broke the glass. Damn!

Last edited:

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
that does suck! seems like if you just held it on until you got it screwed to the mod it would still work.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ooops, I broke my exo. The AFC ring won't stay on any longer. On a scale of 1 to 10, that really sucks!! And I just broke the glass. Damn!
The AFC is just held on by an o-ring. Try one of the spares.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The AFC is just held on by an o-ring. Try one of the spares.

Thanks for the tip.

I have two of them. Now that the AFC won't stay on, it's actually much better. Normally, the ring is a pain in the ass to move. But now it spins very easily. The only downside is getting it on to the mod. I just hold the tank upside down and screw the mod on. I'm gonna break the other one.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good on you. I took the top o-ring off both of mine and I've not had any leakage.

I spoke too soon. I took the o-ring off both of them and when filled up they started to leak when tilted. Put o-rings back on and it stopped.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Efun.top has the exo for $20.99 stainless/21.99 black with code ar checkout: EXORTA

I have no idea about efun's shipping. Just passing the link in case anyone's interested.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Efun.top has the exo for $20.99 stainless/21.99 black with code ar checkout: EXORTA

I have no idea about efun's shipping. Just passing the link in case anyone's interested.
usually like 5-7 bucks but you get it in 10 days or less

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
They have another pro. You usually get your stuff sooner than fasttech because they ship on the date stated when you pre-order. Fasttech has had problems with preorders.

Unfortunately, thanks to the EU, I have stopped buying from abroad... Oh well :(

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I purchased another one on these RTA's from Fasttech. This time stainless steel instead of black. I should have ordered the black again. The AFC is much more free moving on the stainless one. I can't say that it's been an issue yet, but I just like the tighter feel of the AFC on the black one.

valecci

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Judging by the resistance and coloring, I'm guessing 26g kD cores and 32g N80 wrap.
View attachment 81504

Thanks for that. I tried just a regular 316L coil and it was lackluster compared to the stock ones. Being fairly new to rebuildables there are tons of different options. I'll probably buy a spool of fused Clapton wire.

Must be easy to wick because I wicked it perfectly on the second attempt. Ordered one of them wotofo drip tips too. I hate kissing the tank.

VU Sponsors