Become a Patron!

Ijoy sgogun vs drag 2.

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Which is the most powerful mod. The Ijoy Shogun or the Drag 2. The adtag 2 has the gene fit chip. I forget what the Ijoy has. Has anyone triesd both mods.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ijoy is capable of 180 watts.
drag 2 is 177 watts.

I doubt you're going to be vaping that high, so I'd go with the drag 2. I enjoyed the fast firing gene chip and never had any issues with it.
The original drag was built very well and could take a beating. I don't know if the drag 2 is the same way but a lot of mods are just plastic.

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ijoy is capable of 180 watts.
drag 2 is 177 watts.

I doubt you're going to be vaping that high, so I'd go with the drag 2. I enjoyed the fast firing gene chip and never had any issues with it.
The original drag was built very well and could take a beating. I don't know if the drag 2 is the same way but a lot of mods are just plastic.
I have the drag 2. I didnt know if the Ijoy wud be more powerful. I dont see how u can beat the gene fit chip. But I was curious.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the drag 2. I didnt know if the Ijoy wud be more powerful. I dont see how u can beat the gene fit chip. But I was curious.
Gotcha. I highly doubt the ijoy would be more powerful. That gene chip hits hard and fast.

I'm not sure what you mean by powerful, but you can get more vapor or a faster hit by using a different type of coil. Maybe experiment with that.

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Gotcha. I highly doubt the ijoy would be more powerful. That gene chip hits hard and fast.

I'm not sure what you mean by powerful, but you can get more vapor or a faster hit by using a different type of coil. Maybe experiment with that.
I use huge 28×4+36 quad claptons. They r massive and tge drag fires them instantly. I was just wondering how the ijoy compares.

Silver79

Member For 4 Years
You'll get more usable power from the Gene chip. It's more efficient.

To put it into perspective. If you know anything about car stereo amplifiers, they are rated by class on efficiency. A class C amplifier is 50% efficient, which means 50% of its power is measured in heat dissipation. So if you have a 1000w Class C amp you're actually only getting 500w of usable power.

Works more or less the same way. The Gene chip I believe is 93% efficient (might be one or two, up or down). That's why you will hear some reviewers say the Drag mods feel like they hit harder than other comparable non-DNA or non-YihiSX chipsets.

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Have the Drag 2..............not impressed.....also have the Drag Mini.....not impressed...have Drag 157...best of the three...my opinion only.

VU Sponsors