Become a Patron!

ijust 2

So I started vaping about a month ago and my im using the ijust2, pretty standard for newbies like me I guess, and im using the .3 ohm coils, now my local vape shop told me that .3 and .5 ohm coils barely have any difference when its coming to how hot the vape is and the cloud production, and I saw online this coil head and its called melo2/ijust2 ecr 1 ohm coil head, and my question is will the vapor be significantly cooler and will there be a similar vapor production or not even close? Because the .3 ohm coil heads are just too unpleasent when I use 3mg nicotine, without nicotine its fine but still a little too hot for me. And btw its a 60vg/40pg mix

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since the iJust2 is not regulated/adjustable in it's power output (based upon what I can find the electronics in it only provide for short-circuit protection, low-voltage protection and overcharge protection), putting a 1 ohm coil in the Atty will make the vape substantially cooler. I can only guess at the differences since I really don't know if the Mod does any type of regulation and I am assuming the coils are made of the same gauge wire and the wrap diameters are the same (which isn't a likely scenario). So with assuming the Mod doesn't regulate, the Mod nominal voltage is 3.7 Volts, the coils are all 24 gauge Kanthal, and the coils all have a 3.175 mm diameter I come up with the following (with rounding): 0.3 Ohm: 46 Watts, 12 Amps Current, and Heat Flux of 677 mW/mm3; 0.5 Ohm: 27 Watts, 7 Amps Current, and Heat Flux of 238 mW/mm3; and 1 Ohm: 14 Watts, 4 Amps Current, and Heat Flux of 62 mW/mm3. Acquaint yourself with http://www.steam-engine.org/, it's a great resource!!! Personally, I would try one of the 0.5 Ohm coils just to see. Actually, I have an iJust2 that I occasionally use and I use the 0.5 Ohm coils in it.

Thanks for replying, really usefull and interesting stuff you wrote! But will there be similar vapor production and similar flavor or will both of them kinda die down with the 1 ohm coil?

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You will have significantly less vapor with a one ohm coil.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Less vapor and in my thinking less flavor because you have less vapor.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can always pick up a variable wattage/voltage regulated Mod and that would let you adjust to the coil for a more satisfying vape.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Running my iJust2 today with an Aspire Triton 2 (0.3 ohm coil) air flow wide open. A 0.5 ohm Clapton in an Aspire Atlantus 2 was too cool for me.
342bd4ce2abe7fc8ca08566221d9a58a.jpg

VU Sponsors