Become a Patron!

I'm a rookie - need some wisdom

I moved to vaping about two weeks ago to quit smoking - I was a long term smoker (25 years ish) of Camel Crush Silvers, half a pack a day typically towards the end of smoking. I was recommended and purchased the Aspire Breeze to start vaping. I don't dislike it, but I am not sure it is the right unit for me - I'm not tech inclined, and I'm busy - working, mother, human and all. I do not want things to be complicated. I found a juice flavor that I like, and I am currently at 18 mgs of nicotine in it - a few concerns - I hate the battery life of the Breeze - I don't want giant clouds but could stand a little more "pull" if that makes sense. I find the filling inconvenient, but not impossible in the breeze. I am looking to eventually step down the nicotine a bit, but I started with a 6 mg juice and that definately did not cut it. I also am not looking to spend a small fortune. Any suggestions? Recommendations? Appreciate any wisdom or other recommendations. (I have not been tempted to return to cigarettes and I would like to keep it that way!)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I moved to vaping about two weeks ago to quit smoking - I was a long term smoker (25 years ish) of Camel Crush Silvers, half a pack a day typically towards the end of smoking. I was recommended and purchased the Aspire Breeze to start vaping. I don't dislike it, but I am not sure it is the right unit for me - I'm not tech inclined, and I'm busy - working, mother, human and all. I do not want things to be complicated. I found a juice flavor that I like, and I am currently at 18 mgs of nicotine in it - a few concerns - I hate the battery life of the Breeze - I don't want giant clouds but could stand a little more "pull" if that makes sense. I find the filling inconvenient, but not impossible in the breeze. I am looking to eventually step down the nicotine a bit, but I started with a 6 mg juice and that definately did not cut it. I also am not looking to spend a small fortune. Any suggestions? Recommendations? Appreciate any wisdom or other recommendations. (I have not been tempted to return to cigarettes and I would like to keep it that way!)
Get an awesome mod.. The Smoant Cylon under $60.00 and a 25mm aromamizer Supreme or a 30mm Aromamizer Plus....

You will have the most enjoyable and beautiful modern mod on the market !

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Congrats on your success so far. Keep up the good work, and welcome to VU !
It won't be hard to beat Breeze's battery life, fill option, or tank capacity. Do you want more tank capacity?
The Breeze is MTL, do you want to stay with that style? Or does more pull mean more air, vapor, or DTL?
In case you want to buy mod and tank separately, is the budget somewhat open, say under $100?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Congrats on quitting and welcome to vaping!

If you want simple and better, here! Buy two!
https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/hot...nce/aspire-pockex-pocket-aio-sub-ohm-kit.html

Get some yummy 12-16 mg juice, and enjoy!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for the Pico kit. More versatile than anything you can't adjust your watts on to dial in your vape and the Ello coils are good.
In a couple of months you will be looking for a better mod and spending more money..... I'm helping you avoid this. ....
c3c11c8c4fcdb4bdebbffef7ec30f06c.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do everything Possible not to smell like that again.....
Man I was just at Home Depot picking up some plants for the Garden and this woman walked by with a Pomeranian on the Cart Baby Seat and My god the smell of the Cigarette on her made me nauseous.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do everything Possible not to smell like that again.....
Man I was just at Home Depot picking up some plants for the Garden and this woman walked by with a Pomeranian on the Cart Baby Seat and My god the smell of the Cigarette on her made me nauseous. I can't believe I smelled like that for 25 years and even with the perfume she had she smelled like a hickory smoked ham...

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Completely agree Manny. Someone who smokes crosses my path in a parking lot when the breeze is just right makes me gag every time. Takes you by surprise outside, seems to make it worse.

Mainevape

Member For 1 Year
I know a lot of people don't care for kangertech but I started with a subvod from kangertech and I still to this day on occasion use it. I know they make one similar called Kpin it is very simple to use and not to expensive you should check it out.https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-SUBVOD-Starter-Kit-p/krsv10.htm

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Love Kanger, STM is the tank that I was able to quit smoking with.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Haven't used the kit, just the tank. Have heard good things about the kit and know of a few who still use it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
In a couple of months you will be looking for a better mod and spending more money..... I'm helping you avoid this. ....
c3c11c8c4fcdb4bdebbffef7ec30f06c.jpg

A little early to be that tanked Manny:confused:

+1 for the Pico kit. More versatile than anything you can't adjust your watts on to dial in your vape and the Ello coils are good.

This is an excellent next step set up :yes:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Completely agree Manny. Someone who smokes crosses my path in a parking lot when the breeze is just right makes me gag every time. Takes you by surprise outside, seems to make it worse.
Seems it is worse for reformed smokers. You can smell them 30 feet away.

I tried a puff off a buddys smoke after about a month... OH MY GOD it was bad! Worse than my very first puff even! And the after taste lingered for about 3 hours. Last time I had an urge to take a puff too. LOL.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So I took the advice and got the pico. I just got it today, so I need a little help, again! Is my 18ml of nicotine too high? I keep getting headaches! Still not smoking, not regretting at all, but this is getting annoying. Thoughts?
I would get some 6mg of the same juice to dilute the 18 down a bit. Don't go too low at first. I would also get a 12mg of any juice for a separate tank to see if that was enough nic.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I know a lot of people don't care for kangertech but I started with a subvod from kangertech and I still to this day on occasion use it. I know they make one similar called Kpin it is very simple to use and not to expensive you should check it out.https://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-SUBVOD-Starter-Kit-p/krsv10.htm

I use my Kanger Subtanks/Toptanks in all sizes still.
I got a great deal on NI200 coils at $1 per 5 pack vertical coils from Heaven's Gifts
So I got $20 worth and run all my Sub/Top Tanks in Nickel TC mode.

The coils are no longer on clearance but it never heard to check the bargain bin for goodies:

https://www.heavengifts.com/collection/clearance.html?sort=1

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So I took the advice and got the pico. I just got it today, so I need a little help, again! Is my 18ml of nicotine too high? I keep getting headaches! Still not smoking, not regretting at all, but this is getting annoying. Thoughts?

The 18mg is too high for anything but pen style vaporizers i'm afraid.
But like Letitia9 suggested you can get the same liquid in a lower amount of nic then mix the two.
If you are not in a position to where you can get some eliquid right away you could also try adding straight vegetable glycerin

You may be OK at even lower then 12mg.
You will probably end up on 6mg eventually but I know a lot of people who mix 6mg and 12mg on their way down since not many vendors offer 9mg.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But like Letitia9 suggested you can get the same liquid in a lower amount of nic then mix the two.
If you are not in a position to where you can get some eliquid right away you could also try adding straight vegetable glycerin

You will probably end up on 6mg eventually but I know a lot of people who mix 6mg and 12mg on their way down since not many vendors offer 9mg.
Man Vaping 12 and 18 mg is like Vaping ass juice.......

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

This dude just quit smoking 2 weeks ago and has been using a pod system.
If he gets talked into buying a DNA200 and a 30mm RTA even if he does figure out to build he's going to cough and choke his ass off and then give up.

He needs a MTL subohm tank (SubOhm meaning 0.8 to 0.5 ohms) and a small 100 watt and under mod.

If at a later date he wants to become a super sub ohm cloud chucker he may need that stuff but statements like

"I don't want giant clouds but could stand a little more "pull" if that makes sense."

Leads me to believe that he ain't trying to Direct lung inhale

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On top of what Leticia suggested doing, drink a lot of water. Vaping can dry your mouth out, plus the extra water will help in flushing out the toxins from smoking. I kinda felt crappy for a couple weeks when I first started out, just from detoxing from all the chemicals in cigs, but it leveled out after that.

It took most of us a little bit to find the right juice, the right PG/VG level and the right nic strength. I was also a menthol smoker, and I liked those Crush cigs, too. I tried chasing down a menthol flavor for a while, but most reminded me of cough drops, so I tried mint flavors and some fruit flavors. Had better success with those.

Good luck and enjoy your Pico. Great little device.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
On top of what Leticia suggested doing, drink a lot of water. Vaping can dry your mouth out, plus the extra water will help in flushing out the toxins from smoking. I kinda felt crappy for a couple weeks when I first started out, just from detoxing from all the chemicals in cigs, but it leveled out after that.

It took most of us a little bit to find the right juice, the right PG/VG level and the right nic strength. I was also a menthol smoker, and I liked those Crush cigs, too. I tried chasing down a menthol flavor for a while, but most reminded me of cough drops, so I tried mint flavors and some fruit flavors. Had better success with those.

Good luck and enjoy your Pico. Great little device.

More great advise. :)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This dude just quit smoking 2 weeks ago and has been using a pod system.
If he gets talked into buying a DNA200 and a 30mm RTA even if he does figure out to build he's going to cough and choke his ass off and then give up.

He needs a MTL subohm tank (SubOhm meaning 0.8 to 0.5 ohms) and a small 100 watt and under mod.

If at a later date he wants to become a super sub ohm cloud chucker he may need that stuff but statements like

"I don't want giant clouds but could stand a little more "pull" if that makes sense."

Leads me to believe that he ain't trying to Direct lung inhale
From a pot system he will be happy with 6mg if it's good juice.... I take 3 or 4 good hits of 6mg and I have to lay down.......

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
When I switched to the STM I was at 24mg and diluted down to 18. Was at 18mg a few weeks before I started diluting down again. Landed at 12mg over the course of a few months. My friend is just now stepping down to 15mg with a Blazer Mini. Another friend could not tolerate over 6mg. All of our needs are individual during the quitting process. I am still at 8mg. You experiment and where you land is what keeps you from smoking.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife just recently got into vaping after watching me for two years. I got her the Penguin special edition aio kit for 50 bucks MVS and she loves. Honestly figured I was wasting my money but she's really surprised me. She quit cigs faster than I expected or did myself. Plenty of wonderful suggestions here for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Totally, adding glycerine. Walmart sells Humco brand vegetable glycerine, I've been using it to mix eliquid for almost 3 years now. Just mix it in one part glycerine to 2 parts eliquid, that comes to 12mg eliquid! Try a small bit first!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I'm vaping 30mg juice today with nicotine salt base, it is anything but ass juice. It's raspberry yummy juice! I got a nice head rush after getting up at 6 this morning :0 and no side effects like heartburn that regular high nicotine used to give me

Speaking of juice...I try to call it eliquid because the lady I mentioned earlier (single mom two boys) used to come over and ask if I had any juice...I'd say yeah, apple, cranberry, orange...? And get a cup out lol, Every Time. She was asking for some of my DIY eliquid though lmao

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm vaping 30mg juice today with nicotine salt base, it is anything but ass juice. It's raspberry yummy juice! I got a nice head rush after getting up at 6 this morning :0 and no side effects like heartburn that regular high nicotine used to give me

Speaking of juice...I try to call it eliquid because the lady I mentioned earlier (single mom two boys) used to come over and ask if I had any juice...I'd say yeah, apple, cranberry, orange...? And get a cup out lol, Every Time. She was asking for some of my DIY eliquid though lmao
Yea I've got my juul in hand today for some reason. Meshes well with the 3mg vanilla cake some how. Nasty outside and the kids are going crazy.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yea I've got my juul in hand today for some reason. Meshes well with the 3mg vanilla cake some how. Nasty outside and the kids are going crazy.

Yes, why I added MTL to my vaping ...repertoire? Lmao makes it sound fancy, but it's just because sometimes a 3 year old does not want mom to go out to blow clouds. She even started giving me a limit, "just One cloud...then we can play!"

My mom got a Juul and I dug it, I'm cheap though and I was afraid of accidentally washing it in my pocket (like she did...it still works though!) So I got the heavier iCare

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, why I added MTL to my vaping ...repertoire? Lmao makes it sound fancy, but it's just because sometimes a 3 year old does not want mom to go out to blow clouds. She even started giving me a limit, "just One cloud...then we can play!"

My mom got a Juul and I dug it, I'm cheap though and I was afraid of accidentally washing it in my pocket (like she did...it still works though!) So I got the heavier iCare
Whatever keeps us from choking kids right. Ha ha but seriously. No only joking. But I do like the MTL pods.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
1 Camel Crush is about .8mg nic, and you mentioned you were smoking about a 1/2 pack a day. Cut your nic level by using the suggestions already posted. And as said it's different for everyone. I smoked over 3x as many @ higher nic and started at 18 and it was too much. 15 was good, but when I went to a tank kinda like Ello, which magnifies the nic, I went lower. Start lower than you think you'll need because you can always vape more.
After a little time with air flow adjustment, wattage adjustment, nic level, and how it vapes vs the Breeze, you'll have it sorted in no time. Maybe by the time I post this ! :)

Lets talk about batteries and battery safety. Your mod has built in charger. However, it's always recommended to use an external battery charger.
These batteries have very high discharge rate and can be dangerous. Mooch is someone that knows/tests the batteries vapers use and you can look him up and see what he has to say. Here's a couple need to knows from him.
  • Only buy batteries from a known, trusted vendor of genuine batteries.
  • Never use a battery, charger, or device that is not in perfect working order.
  • The plastic battery wrap and top insulating ring must always be kept in perfect condition to prevent short-circuiting of the battery which can result in the battery bursting.
Vape shops where I am don't charge for rewrapping batteries if the wrap gets disfigured in any way.
You may get through a day on that 1 battery. I'll link a trusted vendor for batteries and charger, but the 21700 size that came with your mod isn't as readily available as 18650. 21700 is a newer size on the market and it will be a while before other brands are more available and price goes down.
But you can get Sony VCT6 or Samsung 30Q 18650 if you need more than 1 battery. They are $6.25/$4.99 ea. and if you get 2 you get a free battery case to keep them protected. If you get a charger that will take your 21700, then it will also take the 18650.
https://www.illumn.com/batteries-ch...-superb-charger-li-ion-nimh-nicd-charger.html

That ^ is an excellent charger that will charge both sizes. Or you can spend less on one that probably wont fit the 21700. I personally would get Nitecore or Xtar brand, and one that plugs into a wall - not USB powered.

VU Sponsors