Become a Patron!

Im contemplating on RTA and Sub Ohm Tank

ItsHaiku

Member For 4 Years
Hey all, so last night I was contemplating which RTA or Sub Ohm Tank I want to buy what im lookin for a tank has air flow, cloud chasing, flavor n juice control. I was watchin VapingwithTwisted420 review on Melo300 that he doesn't change his coil for 1 1/2 month! and he didn't say what kind of juice he was using just 0nic.

Rta Griffin 25mm
Con: I really liking this tank, but I was reading that people are having trouble bout the juice leaking.

Sub Ohm Tank
Con: Melo 300 replacement coils which pack of 5 for close to $20.

For the ppl that owns any of the 2, how long do u guys change your coil for melo300?

And for Griffin 25mm, when wicking your coil is there any leaks? How do u guys wick your coil w/o leaking it?

Last edited:

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never used the Griffin 25mm, but my first rta was the original Griffin 22mm. I found that if you trim the wicks where you just barely see the end of the cotton sticking out of the wick holes and have them just filling up the holes, but not stuffed tight then you should have a great vape. It took me a while to get the wicking right as well, but once you do, there is no stopping this tank.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

suDnd3th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've got the Griffin 25p myself. As long as you wick it properly it won't leak. I'm still not a fan of it myself. Found it never wicked fast enough for my liking.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My g25 doesn't leak. I don't even close off the jfc when I fill the tank. Midknight420 is right. I can chain vape it. Doesn't put out big clouds, but really dense clouds.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I prefer the Billow v3 plus to the Griffin 25,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change my RBA coils when I feel like it. Never had one wear out... I rewick my coils as often as 8 hours and as rare as 2 weeks depending on juice....

Don't have Melo 300 do have Melo3 or 2. Came with pico.
As with all clearomizer I have used.. anything with a coil head leaks. ... when wick gets dirty.. it's easier to through away the head as intended than to clean.. forget about rewicking. It can be done but PIA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I have the griffin 22m and I like it. The airflow is a little tighter compared to some of my other tanks, but the flavor is good. Wicking is a bit tricky to get right, but once you dial it in, there's no leaking.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU

For the requirements you listed I would take a serious look at the Cigpet Eco 12. Yeah, yeah, I know that name but to be honest its a really nice tank with an available RBA section that's sold separately. It's a cloud chucking beast with really great flavor. Build quality is just fantastic and the premade coils last really long. I have a coil in there for about two weeks now that I have been running a really dark peanut butter custard in and it still tastes fantastic. I did a full review here.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cigpet-eco-12-tank-review-by-deucesjack.311026/

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hey all, so last night I was contemplating which RTA or Sub Ohm Tank I want to buy what im lookin for a tank is air flow, cloud chasing, flavor n juice control. I was watchin VapingwithTwisted420 review on Melo300 that he doesn't change his coil for 1 1/2 month! and he didn't say what kind of juice he was using just 0nic.

Rta Griffin 25mm
Con: I really liking this tank, but I was reading that people are having trouble bout the juice leaking.

Sub Ohm Tank

For the ppl that owns any of the 2, how long do u guys change your coil for melo300?

And for Griffin 25mm, when wicking your coil is there any leaks? How do u guys wick your coil w/o leaking it?
Griffin 25 Plus is superior to the 25... Leaking on this only occurs when you dont use enough cotton.

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've got the Griffin 25p myself. As long as you wick it properly it won't leak. I'm still not a fan of it myself. Found it never wicked fast enough for my liking.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
never wicked fast enough on the 25+?? i vape 30ml through mine daily... perhaps increasing coil size to have more cotton to hold juice? Change to spaced coil for better juice handling within coil? (i have 4mm inner diameter coils, spaced each loop 1-1.5mm) I chain vape....

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey all, so last night I was contemplating which RTA or Sub Ohm Tank I want to buy what im lookin for a tank is air flow, cloud chasing, flavor n juice control. I was watchin VapingwithTwisted420 review on Melo300 that he doesn't change his coil for 1 1/2 month! and he didn't say what kind of juice he was using just 0nic.

Rta Griffin 25mm

Sub Ohm Tank

If you are looking for a prebuilt tank, the melo 300 is good (hell i'm vaping one right now) but the coils are just ok. I prefer using the smok TFV8 coils. The TFV8, sense blaser 200, and melo 300 coils are usable in any of the 3 tanks and i prefer the smok coils the best.

RTA's though when built and wicked correctly are always going to be better flavor wise. it's just a matter of you feel comfortable building and wicking. I love the griffin 25 plus. it's one of my top 5 RTAs and i never had any issue wicking it or it leaking. but if you are looking for an RTA get the ijoy exo rta. it's my favorite RTA to date

for premade coils like the melo 300 i usually get 1-2 weeks per coil

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Welcome to VU

For the requirements you listed I would take a serious look at the Cigpet Eco 12. Yeah, yeah, I know that name but to be honest its a really nice tank with an available RBA section that's sold separately. It's a cloud chucking beast with really great flavor. Build quality is just fantastic and the premade coils last really long. I have a coil in there for about two weeks now that I have been running a really dark peanut butter custard in and it still tastes fantastic. I did a full review here.

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/cigpet-eco-12-tank-review-by-deucesjack.311026/
just make sure to check his mod/batts. the eco 12 is a great tank but it needs serious wattage. really best suited for a triple or quad battery mod. I wouldn't recommend it personally for dual battery mod.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
just make sure to check his mod/batts. the eco 12 is a great tank but it needs serious wattage. really best suited for a triple or quad battery mod. I wouldn't recommend it personally for dual battery mod.
Good point. I run it on dualies but it does chew through the batteries. With the RBA not so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Good point. I run it on dualies but it does chew through the batteries. With the RBA not so much.

i didn't like the Q4 coil at all. the X4 is pretty dam good at 160 watts with 70% air open. the T12 i was vaping at 180ish full air. need to test the T14 and T16 next

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i didn't like the Q4 coil at all. the X4 is pretty dam good at 160 watts with 70% air open. the T12 i was vaping at 180ish full air. need to test the T14 and T16 next
I like both coils but tbh I use the RBA now.

ironjaiden

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using the Griffin 25 for a while now and I love it. The leaking most people experience is an issue with the way the vacuum works when you seal the tank with the top cap. Basically juice is forced through the juice holes and has nowhere to go but out of the air holes in the chamber.

The way I've gotten around that completely is as follows:

1) close off the juice holes before filling
2) fill the tank, screw top cap on
3) tip tank upside down and allow the air bubbles to rise to the juice holes
4) open the juice holes so that air escapes and creates a vacuum
5) flip right side up and vape away

Seems like a pain in the ass but it's literally 30 extra seconds when filling the tank. Ever since I started doing that I haven't had one leak.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I've been using the Griffin 25 for a while now and I love it. The leaking most people experience is an issue with the way the vacuum works when you seal the tank with the top cap. Basically juice is forced through the juice holes and has nowhere to go but out of the air holes in the chamber.

The way I've gotten around that completely is as follows:

1) close off the juice holes before filling
2) fill the tank, screw top cap on
3) tip tank upside down and allow the air bubbles to rise to the juice holes
4) open the juice holes so that air escapes and creates a vacuum
5) flip right side up and vape away

Seems like a pain in the ass but it's literally 30 extra seconds when filling the tank. Ever since I started doing that I haven't had one leak.
the boreas burp!
yeah i never had to with my griffin 25 plus personally. i think it's due to overfillling the chamber when people refill. i did that on my alpha one during the review i recorded LMAO. but with the boreas it's a must but the tank is still worth it and burping isn't a big deal. I mean anyone who's ever did a coolant flush should know about burping the system

Dead Gummy Worm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
the boreas burp!
yeah i never had to with my griffin 25 plus personally. i think it's due to overfillling the chamber when people refill. i did that on my alpha one during the review i recorded LMAO. but with the boreas it's a must but the tank is still worth it and burping isn't a big deal. I mean anyone who's ever did a coolant flush should know about burping the system
I over fill mine all the time on my 25 PLus but have never had this issue either :D BUT my wick/coil isnt tiny so can easily handle a bit of excess, not to mention i usually vape til my tc says whoops tank/wick dry

VU Sponsors