Become a Patron!

I'm going to start vaping but I have questions about the device I want.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and will start vaping soon but I have a few questions first.

The device I'm looking at is the aspire Plato all-in-one starter kit but I'm a little confused about a few things. First, it says it comes with a direct to lung coil and I am a cigarette smoker so I prefer holding the smoke in my mouth and then inhaling it into my lung, is it possible for me to do this with a direct to lung coil? If not, how difficult is it to change the coil?

Second question, I don't want to subohm, I'm not entirely sure what that is but I've heard it burns through juice. I don't want that, I just want a normal vaping experience. Is the device I'm looking at meant for "subohm" or can I have a typical vaping experience with it?

Any help would be appreciated.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all.................

WELCOME TO THE UNDERGROUND!!!

If you wish to hold the vape in your mouth before completing you inhale, well feel free to go for it. Not an issue.

Changing the coil is a snap so find something else to worry about:D

Sub-ohm basically means a resistance of any coil that is below 1.0 Ohm

If you want to conserve your E-Liquid usage just keep the wattage, voltage or Temp control down.

Also, you will find that each E-Liquid you try will taste better at a certain power setting so please do experiment.

FYI, we all have a lot of questions when we start vaping.

So PLEASE don't be shy to ask any and all questions!

All of us were once "NOOB'S" just as you are now and we all remember it.

So don't be shy to ask any and all questions!

Heck, send me a PM if you need any heip

Just my own personal opinion. When I first started vaping I didn't know what sub-ohm was, and I'm kind of glad I didn't. I recommend more basic devices to fist time vapors. Like the Innokin Endura T22. It's more of a similar inhale/exhale to cigs imo. Again, just my two cents, but I felt it was a lot easier to transition to vaping with something more similar to cigs.
Hope that helps. :)

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU SerPonce!! Please do feel free to ask any questions!

xibilius

Member For 4 Years
Hey there fellow,

So for your first question : Just go for it, sky is the limit in vaping there are no rules on how to "vape"

Second question: Well i would consider some kits that do both a kangertech subox or topbox for example, then have a couple of OCCs (try all of them if you want, 1.5 1.2 0.5 0.2 Ohms) and see what suites you the most. In my experience the Kangertech OCCs are the less consuming in terms of juice if it's your first criteria and they are really easy to change (turn left to remove the old one, turn right to put the new one and you're good to go)

Cheers

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Best thing is talk to the vape shop owner or a knowledgeable salesperson. I suggest a box with a removable, rechargeable battery, so you can have one in the "mod" and one on the charger (some take 2 *or more*, but starter kits are usually 1) and get a mouth to lung tank. You can change that later if you like, without having to buy a whole new set up. Once you quit smoking, your taste buds will get fussier. lol. You might want to try flavors and flavor chasing. Its much cheaper to buy a new tank than a new kit. But, as I said, talk to your local vendor. He will get you set up and suggest what nic level to try. (buy extra coils and juice... running out at 2am SUCKS!)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey there fellow,

So for your first question : Just go for it, sky is the limit in vaping there are no rules on how to "vape"

Second question: Well i would consider some kits that do both a kangertech subox or topbox for example, then have a couple of OCCs (try all of them if you want, 1.5 1.2 0.5 0.2 Ohms) and see what suites you the most. In my experience the Kangertech OCCs are the less consuming in terms of juice if it's your first criteria and they are really easy to change (turn left to remove the old one, turn right to put the new one and you're good to go)

Cheers
I use the topbox mini. You can build coils really easy on the mini RBA and you pick the ohm you want. I usually go 1.5 to 0.8 (lower now though)
building coils is as easy as wrapping a string around a nail. A lot of people think it is some mystical ritual done only by vape gurus, lol.. it's not.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
vaporcube has the hohmskillet for 6.99 using coupon code SKILLET great starter kit for MTL and can even be used as a restricted DTL device. and at that price you can get 2 so 1 is always charging and ready to go
https://www.vaporcube.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=skillet
hohm-skillet1.jpg

VU Sponsors