Become a Patron!

I'm in desperate need of some help or advice PLEASE.......

I NEED HELP PLEASE !!! I was trying to take the glass part of my tank off of my tank to empty some juice I had just put in it that I did not like once I had gotten it in and didn't remember until I had filled it and in doing so I accidentally screwed the whole tank back on too tight causing me to strip the screw while in the process of attempting to get the other part off. Long story short, now I can not get the tank off at all as it's just spinning and it is not recognizing the coil at all and I just bought this whole new mod and tank on monday. Does anyone know of any possible way for me to get this tank off at all now?? Please help this silly broad out ( me )... smdh!!

Last edited:

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sounds like you broke the 510 connector loose inside the mod. You'll have to take the mod apart, and grab the 510 from the inside with pliers while unscrewing the tank.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I NEED HELP PLEASE !!! I was trying to take the glass part of my tank off of my tank to empty some juice I had just put in it that I did not like once I had gotten it in and didn't remember until I had filled it and in doing so I accidentally screwed the whole tank back on too tight causing me to strip the screw while in the process of attempting to get the other part off. Long story short, now I can not get the tank off at all as it's just spinning and it is not recognizing the coil at all and I just bought this whole new mod and tank on monday. Does anyone know of any possible way for me to get this tank off at all now?? Please help this silly broad out ( me )... smdh!!
If the whole top is spinning, the 510 is probably broken off inside the mod.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

What kind of set up is it?

If this were the case and could get it out is the mod still able to be used with a new tank? I'm still very new at all of this and I honestly didn't put much force at all when screwing the tank on. It's new so I've been extra gentle with it lol

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It can almost certainly be used again, but it's going to need some repair. Depends on what exactly is broken.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is a smok alien 220w
I've read a few people with the same problem. I think they said the 510 was glued onto the top off the mod, just shitty chinese workmanship with junk products. But, if you can rip it apart, it can be fixed like @gakudzu mentioned.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just popped mine open for a peek. In order for it to spin as you've described, the negative wire will either be broken, or the solder attaching it to the 510 is broken. Pretty simple fix IF you can solder, or know someone who can.

@inspects Mine isn't glued in. It's got what appears to be either a pressed on or threaded nut. But it's rounded and smooth. Not hex for a wrench, or knurled for fingers or pliers.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I would take it back to the dealer, if this thing is only 1 week old. If the dealer wont replace it, contact SMOK, they might, and probably will. Buttering the SMOK CS agent up might help, like "You heard SMOK was one of the best mods to get in various vaping forums.... and they came highly recommended for quality and durability, and how shocked you were when this happened based on the praise from other vapers..."
No manufactured in their right mind wants to tarnish a good reputation...

Although, if you did break it.... you might be out of luck unless you can find your own way to repair it, provided the vendor and smok will not help you out. Give them a chance first though.

VU Sponsors