Become a Patron!

I'm interested in getting my first RDA.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now I love my Kayfun clone but I wanna be able to sample different flavors with emptying my tank everytime.

I wanna get into rdas but I know basically nothing about them. Most of the drippers I've seen are made for dual coils. I'm a bit uncomfortable because I haven't build dual coils before so I might go for a single coil model if there is one. Anybody has a suggestion?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get one that can do both. My Steamboat by Lawless is nice.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Despite what anyone else may tell you....

Buy a dual coil dripper and use it as a single coil dripper if you choose to. Go with something easy like a Tugboat V2 or a Magma. Play with it and you'll figure it out. Its not hard.

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright thanks. As for dual coils, is it dangerous if they don't have exactly the same resistance? I might try it in the future.

Also, I have an Istick 30w. Will that be ok to fire an RDA if I don't sub?

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
30w is fine. I'm running a Mutation X V3 0.6 dual coil at 27 watts right now with some Black Barrel Whisky liquid. It's not that hard to make the coils the same which is what you want.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Get something cheap man! Seriously. Good choice for you is something with a center "block" as well, makes dual coils easy as pie.
Just make sure they're same amount of wraps around same size wrapping device, try to get legs as close as possible to each other. A matter of say 0.05 probably won't be noticeable kinda of difference. On a regulated device don't sweat it! Just get them to heat inside out as close in time as you can. You just don't want one side vaporizing faster than the other. Dual coil is just a single coil twice, don't stress it. If you like the under coil airflow I say freakshow mini all the way basic from the side with amazing flavor, Derringer. Clones can be had for $10. My first rda was a omega, pita to build but blew my mind at the time.... Such great gear available now! Tri-post was a bit tricky to build with the lip of the deck trapped by screw heads (no post holes) but you can do one at a time with the block style center post

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with a single coil your battery lasts longer. better clouds and flavor imho from dual coils. easy to make coils with a coil tool. a lot of ppl use the drill bit method but i prefer a coil tool

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That should be a decent start for you.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a jig i picked up a while back.... freakin rules.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is this dripper any good? I'm gonna order from a canadian source so I can receive it faster so I'm limited in my choice.

https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HCIGARMAGMA1

or this one

https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RDA&CartID=0
Magma is great. Just know, over drip, It leaks like a container with holes with a lot of liquid lol. If you like your Kayfun, go that route.

The other, do you have access to equipment to drill out the air hole? If I remember, they are TIGHT! Decent otherwise.

Neither are the latest greatest but a good starter.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
with a single coil your battery lasts longer. better clouds and flavor imho from dual coils. easy to make coils with a coil tool. a lot of ppl use the drill bit method but i prefer a coil tool
Not entirely true... A 0.5 single and a 0.5 dual don't directly impact battery life alone... But a dual will provide more surface area....

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a jig i picked up a while back.... freakin rules.
Have a ton of little blue screw drivers around? Me too I started on those, they are 5/64ths,i think, I also think they are roughly 2.5mm. Too lazy to look up the conversion...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is this dripper any good? I'm gonna order from a canadian source so I can receive it faster so I'm limited in my choice.

https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HCIGARMAGMA1

or this one

https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=RDA&CartID=0
Either of those would work well for a flavor-testing setup. The Smok one is pretty old tech and limited in what it can do, but for a small 28g single coil that you only want to get 2-3 hits out of before it dries out (flavor testing) it should work.

The Magma will give you a lot more room to grow if you decide to start using a dripper with any kind of regularity, but still good for flavor...neither will really do much for clouds, but it doesn't sound like that's where you want to go anyhow.

VU Sponsors