i am getting .15A reading on firing.
0lcgC8o.jpg

but wait! there's moar!
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?mat=n80&s=dp&r=0.17&awg=26&id=2.5

something ain't right.

it should br around 24A as steam says.
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

I need help.

On 26g nichrome80, dead rabbit, bf pulse, how many wraps @ what id should I build for a 20A battery?

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For a single coil is this? Are you using a mech or unregulated device?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
dual coil for the pulse mechanical on a 20A battery.

i i tried 3wrap and ohm reading was .14 on rx200s.

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll be honest I've never used steam engine, from what I've seen of people talking about it I thought that would be bang on, I don't have any 26g nichrome to experiment with either and try help. @mach1ne @KingPin! Either of you help us out here

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Don’t go by the amp read out on that mod it isnt actually anything to do with current draw, unfortunately manufacturers put this on some devices and it confuses peeps ...that relates to output ...it’s just a bullshit value

If using on a mech stick to ohms law and calculate current at full voltage to be on safe side when first starting out :)

I = V / R ....yeah current draw is a lot higher than you think .... I’d probably aim for a 0.2 ohm build to start out with on the pulse

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok rx200s gave wrong reading for some reason.

i slapped the build on wraith reg mod, 4wraps@3mm reads .28ohm.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You could try cutting 4 lengths

Take two of the lengths and put them side by side (parralel) now wrap them 8 times around a 3mm drill bit

Do the same with the other 2 lengths

These dual parralel coils should come out about 0.2ohms for you and give you more surface area than the little ones you were trying to run

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If you hold the spool and grab a pair of pliers and pull on the length of wire before cutting it you’ll be able to straighten it out ...that comes in handy for wrapping in parralel ...when pulling you’ll feel it give a little, 26g needs a good tug though

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could try cutting 4 lengths

Take two of the lengths and put them side by side (parralel) now wrap them 8 times around a 3mm drill bit

Do the same with the other 2 lengths

These dual parralel coils should come out about 0.2ohms for you and give you more surface area than the little ones you were trying to run
If you hold the spool and grab a pair of pliers and pull on the length of wire before cutting it you’ll be able to straighten it out ...that comes in handy for wrapping in parralel ...when pulling you’ll feel it give a little, 26g needs a good tug though

I used a drill to straighten.
Thank you so much.
So much waste to get the right build.

dQt2UxB.jpg

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I meant prior. I did 3 or 4 builds before getting kingpins referral to this nice vaping build. I tried but I do admit, I forgot about parallel option on steam.
Took me several days and 4-5 builds to find the best one for my Wasp Nano's.
And it is a parallel coil.

Then I just sit down every few weeks for a bit and make about 5-6 of them :)

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used a drill to straighten.
Thank you so much.
So much waste to get the right build.

dQt2UxB.jpg
Nice build for someone who is new at! I like to use the Vape tool app on my phone. Gives me a good ball park...and it has an ohms law calculator to help you get where you want to be on a mechanical. Keep at it and it all becomes so so easy over time. It can be overwhelming at first but it is the best way to dial in the vape you want.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

hitti2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice build for someone who is new at! I like to use the Vape tool app on my phone. Gives me a good ball park...and it has an ohms law calculator to help you get where you want to be on a mechanical. Keep at it and it all becomes so so easy over time. It can be overwhelming at first but it is the best way to dial in the vape you want.

i been vaping 2 1/2 years. On and off. Because of the rural area I lived in had no vape shops but 40 min drive. This was when fasttech.com "china" was basically only online vape shop that I knew of even asking and searching forums. Last year or so online shops are becoming more and more available with cheaper prices than brick n mortar. Hey, bout only thing id buy from b&m is wire. If b&m didnt be so greedy, they would get my
1f4b0.png
. I tried verdevalleyvape aka v³ "bulk juice" turned out horrible. Running a shitty griffin 25mm didn't help either and dripping isn't for me. Squonking and online shops at cheap prices got me back to vaping. eightvape has jam monster for 13 bucks
1f4af.png
mL vs b&m's $30 a
1f4af.png
mL. So on so forth. Vaping become a reality imho recently year ago or so it really boomed. Thanks to the European's for squonk tech. Its all falling into a nice puzzle.

Last edited:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Scrap that. 26g your will most likely want to do a parallel build. Your using a Mech squonker. You really shouldn't be using a mech squonker unless you know these things.

All I can say is 26g would be challenging unless I could use them as a core. Try a parallel build with 6 wraps at 2.5id.

Go from there. If it's too weak, go with 5 wraps.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea why people would want to use a mech over a regulated or switchfet mod.

The tube mechs are small is about the only thing I can say for them.
And you have to push a battery hard to get a good vape from them.

I have several mechs and have used them all with no problems.
And will keep them for a vapepocalypse situation.
However no contact cleaning with switchfets and regulated mods do not car how you build.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea why people would want to use a mech over a regulated or switchfet mod.

The tube mechs are small is about the only thing I can say for them.
And you have to push a battery hard to get a good vape from them.

I have several mechs and have used them all with no problems.
And will keep them for a vapepocalypse situation.
However no contact cleaning with switchfets and regulated mods do not car how you build.
The mech that he is using is a squonker. There aren't a ton of regulated squonkers out yet. I have a few mech devices. I do still prefer regulated as I enjoy the adjustment and the protections as well.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mech that he is using is a squonker. There aren't a ton of regulated squonkers out yet. I have a few mech devices. I do still prefer regulated as I enjoy the adjustment and the protections as well.

I Used a mech squonker for quite a while.
A Coppervape.
Well until I got a switchfet one. The Pico squeeze. So much easier to use and virtually no cleaning or maintenance and never a weak hit unless your battery dies.

I also did a technical comparison of the Pico Squeeze to the Pulse BF.
The Pico won by a mile in voltage output.
Actually about .4 volts or so as I recall. would have to look up my results.
Same atty and battery was used in both mods and voltage while firing was measured at the coil posts.

The Pico also beat the Coppervape and the Coppervape beat the Pulse by a bit as well.

for a beginning squonker I strongly recommend the Pico Squeeze.

I also squonk with regulated mods.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I bought
K7vXBgr.jpg

on a recommendation.

built [email protected] [email protected] 103w
i am getting .15A reading on firing.
0lcgC8o.jpg

but wait! there's moar!
http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.html?mat=n80&s=dp&r=0.17&awg=26&id=2.5

something ain't right.

it should br around 24A as steam says.
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

I need help.

On 26g nichrome80, dead rabbit, bf pulse, how many wraps @ what id should I build for a 20A battery?

Is that custom firmware on your Reuleaux?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I gave away every wismec product I had. The new luxotic NC is everything a noisy cricket shouldn't have been. Such crap.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I gave away every wismec product I had. The new luxotic NC is everything a noisy cricket shouldn't have been. Such crap.

What did you find wrong with the Luxotic NC?

VU Sponsors