Become a Patron!

[I'm new] Help! My box mod won't turn on!

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my Vaptio came in the post today. But it doesn't turn on? And it didn't even come with a charger? What good is this...
I bought this https://vaptio.co.uk/product/vaptio-ascension-s50/

How do I turn it on? And I can't believe it doesn't come with a charger, so what am I suppose to do?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there and welcome to VU, Try pushing the fire button 5 times in a row first, I am still reading the spec's in the link

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi there and welcome to VU, Try pushing the fire button 5 times in a row first, I am still reading the spec's in the link
I did press it 5 times in a row. It doesn't work. :(

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, one of the graphics shows a white charger beside it , yet the contents of the kit does not list a charger, I am assuming that it would be like a cell phone charger . I would contact the seller and ask how you would go about charging it , if no charger was included.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
S50_r4_c1.jpg

Does this not say adapter included, which to me sounds like they mean charger?

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, one of the graphics shows a white charger beside it , yet the contents of the kit does not list a charger, I am assuming that it would be like a cell phone charger . I would contact the seller and ask how you would go about charging it , if no charger was included.
Wow I see. I just used my Samsung charger and it says "charging". Is it fine if I use a phone charger, seems to be working but want to make sure.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would make sure the seller confirms ok to charge it with the cell charger just to make sure!

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I would make sure the seller confirms ok to charge it with the cell charger just to make sure!

Awesome thanks. One last question, when filling the tank I just put the juice inside the tank right? Then I'm good to go? Or do I need to wet anything.
Sorry. I'm really new and I did a test hit with the tank of and it smells burnt.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
S50_r4_c1.jpg

Does this not say adapter included, which to me sounds like they mean charger?

Ambiguous picture, open to interpretation. It doesn't say it includes it, nor does it say sold separately.
That picture can easily be interpreted as "we also sell an adapter that can charge this in 2.5 hours"

Description doesn't say anything about a charger/adapter included, although searching the site for 'adapter' yields no results.
Ascension S50 Includes
(1) The Sail S50 ATC ClearomizerX 1
(2)The Soar S50 BatteryX 1
(3)ATC CoilX 2
4)User ManualX 1

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome thanks. One last question, when filling the tank I just put the juice inside the tank right? Then I'm good to go? Or do I need to wet anything.
Sorry. I'm really new and I did a test hit with the tank of and it smells burnt.
What tank do you have? the tank contains an atomizer which is a heating wire with cotton inside or wrapped around it, it is very important to "prime" your cotton before firing, which means getting the cotton all wet and saturated in liquid for the heating wire to vaporize it, if you fire with the cotton dry you will burn your cotton and damage your coil, if you tell us what tank you have we can help you with priming instructions, Welcome to VU.

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What tank do you have? the tank contains an atomizer which is a heating wire with cotton inside or wrapped around it, it is very important to "prime" your cotton before firing, which means getting the cotton all wet and saturated in liquid for the heating wire to vaporize it, if you fire with the cotton dry you will burn your cotton and damage your coil, if you tell us what tank you have we can help you with priming instructions, Welcome to VU.

Damnit. I fired it up without getting it wet. Does this mean I damaged it? Letme try the other one. How should I wet it before hand? Just put the liquid in the tank then screw it on so then it gets wet?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Kinda. I don't know how tanks have changed since the last ones I bought almost a year and a half ago.
You need to 'prime' the coil or give it time for the new dry cotton to wick the liquid.
-Can let it sit for at least 15 mins so the cotton can soak up the liquid, or longer depending on the liquid and tank.
-Could put a few drops in the coil itself and then wait a few mins (basically just speeds up the above).

-Once you get more experienced, you can try covering the air hole(s) with your finger(s) and forcing air down into the drip tip to force a small bubble or two into the tank. Thus increasing the air pressure in the tank and forcing liquid into the cotton. Wait time is eliminated. But this is something that needs to be learned as it is very easy to to use too much force and cause flooding (gurgling, spitting, leaking out the air holes).

For all of these, start with the wattage low for the first few hits to test the cotton and gradually increase it to your desired level. Don't want to do a full power hit on dry cotton. It taste horrible and the burnt cotton wont perform as well and might even ruin the coil depending on how much it gets burnt. Basically the goal is to see if the cotton is ready to be vaped while minimizing the chance of burning it.

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll put
Kinda. I don't know how tanks have changed since the last ones I bought almost a year and a half ago.
You need to 'prime' the coil or give it time for the new dry cotton to wick the liquid.
-Can let it sit for at least 15 mins so the cotton can soak up the liquid, or longer depending on the liquid and tank.
-Could put a few drops in the coil itself and then wait a few mins (basically just speeds up the above).

-Once you get more experienced, you can try covering the air hole(s) with your finger(s) and forcing air down into the drip tip to force a small bubble or two into the tank. Thus increasing the air pressure in the tank and forcing liquid into the cotton. Wait time is eliminated. But this is something that needs to be learned as it is very easy to to use too much force and cause flooding (gurgling, spitting, leaking out the air holes).

For all of these, start with the wattage low for the first few hits to test the cotton and gradually increase it to your desired level. Don't want to do a full power hit on dry cotton. It taste horrible and the burnt cotton wont perform as well and might even ruin the coil depending on how much it gets burnt. Basically the goal is to see if the cotton is ready to be vaped while minimizing the chance of burning it.

I'll put the other coil in and put some new liquid and let it sit for 15mins. Then I'll try fire it up.

Hopefully it won't be hot again and won't fuck my throat. I did see the cotton turning red when I was firing it up before too, looks like I may of damaged it afterall.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What tank/coils are you using? name? brand? model?

EDIT: nothing should be turning red hot if you have everything saturated in liquid and low enough power to just vaporize it, if the inside of your coil is turning red then this is a NO NO...

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What tank/coils are you using? name? brand? model?

EDIT: nothing should be turning red hot if you have everything saturated in liquid and low enough power to just vaporize it, if the inside of your coil is turning red then this is a NO NO...

Everything I have came together.
https://vaptio.co.uk/product/vaptio-ascension-s50/

Well it only turned red and it was getting hot maybe because i didnt soak it in the juice before.
Sorry if I never make sense, i'm new and had no idea.

I just changed the other one over and am soaking it in the juice now. What wattage should I put the box on before attempting to fire it up? I hope it works this time :9

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage setting do you have it set at, sounds like it's way too high.

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So it turns out the smoke coming out is still hot despite me soaking the cotton in juice before firing it up.... It was on 30w too.

What am I doing wrong. :9

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hmm...hard to say without having experience with the set up.

But, looks like a 0.2 ohm coil according to the tech specs. I would start out at 10 watts. Might take a few secs to heat up the coil, but this slow heating will hopefully let you taste if it's producing vaper or just burning the cotton.

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Start it then at 10w
I think I kind of jumped the gun abit because of ruining the first cotton. I think it was because I needed to do a few test pulls without inhaling it. I can manage to toke it now without coughing my lungs up haha. It does feel somewhat warm a little though.

how long would this cotton last before I need to change it? It only came with two and by the sounds of it I ruined the first one almost instantly because I didn't soak it.

I put it back up to 40w but its practically hard to toke without coughing lol. How do people do this? lol

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hmm...hard to say without having experience with the set up.

But, looks like a 0.2 ohm coil according to the tech specs. I would start out at 10 watts. Might take a few secs to heat up the coil, but this slow heating will hopefully let you taste if it's producing vaper or just burning the cotton.

Seems to be ok at 20w now. I think I just overkilled the first coil I used lol. I'm such an idiot.

I really do appreciate the help guys despite my lack of knowledge.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK i never heard of this Kit you have before, have somewhat unusual features, it has an actual temperature sensor in the tank and ceramic coils, not the traditional stuff we use, don't worry your concerns are normal, you just got a more advanced than usual starter kit, most people start with a basic vape pen with one button and no screen until they know what they are doing :)

Your mod should have a temperature control mode which would allow the coil to only reach a certain temperature before cutting off the power and thus not allowing your cotton to burn, if you are in power mode start as low as 10W and work your way up until you get a cool to warm vape, it should not be hot or throat burning at all, if you are in temperature control mode start at 120C degrees and work your way up also to reach a cool to warm vape.

I did not find but one video about your kit and tank, but coils look like normal vertical coils, here is how to prime them

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yea, you should get a couple weeks out of a coil, I would grab some extra's for sure

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK i never heard of this Kit you have before, have somewhat unusual features, it has an actual temperature sensor in the tank and ceramic coils, not the traditional stuff we use, don't worry your concerns are normal, you just got a more advanced than usual starter kit, most people start with a basic vape pen with one button and no screen until they know what they are doing :)

Your mod should have a temperature control mode which would allow the coil to only reach a certain temperature before cutting off the power and thus not allowing your cotton to burn, if you are in power mode start as low as 10W and work your way up until you get a cool to warm vape, it should not be hot or throat burning at all, if you are in temperature control mode start at 120C degrees and work your way up also to reach a cool to warm vape.

I did not find but one video about your kit and tank, but coils look like normal vertical coils, here is how to prime them

I think it's running fine apart from the tank getting warm. Is that normal? Also the screen displays 1.3ohms yet on the website and manual it says
Resistance0.2Ω

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many variables when the mod reads those, manual specifies general readings

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how long would this cotton last before I need to change it? It only came with two and by the sounds of it I ruined the first one almost instantly because I didn't soak it.
If you prime your coil well and let it sit for a while to fully soak in liquid, then work your way up in power, one coil should last you from 2 weeks to one month, it all depends on how you care for your cotton, the wire or ceramic coil in your case can keep heating up for months without breaking, it is your cotton that burns first and causes the coil head to fail, so the more you care for your cotton, with proper priming, proper breaking in at lower wattage and also by using temperature control to prevent burning the more time you will get out of your coil heads.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put it back up to 40w but its practically hard to toke without coughing lol. How do people do this? lol

It's a new sensation for your throat and will take time to get used to.
Especially since you started out with a somewhat more advanced setup.

I started with an eGo pen, then moved to larger high ohm tanks, then a sub ohm tank, then switched to dripping with low subohm.
Each switch required getting used to the increased vaper and each time I had to start with wattage being lower and gradually increase it.

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a new sensation for your throat and will take time to get used to.
Especially since you started out with a somewhat more advanced setup.

I started with an eGo pen, then moved to larger high ohm tanks, then a sub ohm tank, then switched to dripping with low subohm.
Each switch required getting used to the increased vaper and each time I had to start with wattage being lower and gradually increase it.

I started with this so it's a huge difference for me lol.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think it's running fine apart from the tank getting warm. Is that normal? Also the screen displays 1.3ohms yet on the website and manual it says
Resistance0.2Ω
Higher Ohm reading usually indicate a loose connection, do you have everything secured tightly? coil secured to base, tank secured to mod? it needs only be finger tight, do not over-screw it or it might break, but if you have everything secured tightly and you still have a reading of 1.2 Ohm for a 0.2 Ohm coil then either your coil head or device have fault .. does your other coil (the one you burned) also read higher resistance that what is written on it?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Resistance0.2Ω

Might be the 0.2 ohms on the website was the minimum resistance of the mod, not the resistance of the coils included.

If the coils are 1.3ohms (might actually say on the coil itself), that would explain the very hot vape at 40 watts. While it is doable if you like your vape having a hot temperature, too high a wattage can also cause the coils to vaporize the liquid faster then the cotton can wick it, resulting in dry hits. Also depends on how often you hit it and how long the hits are though.

I would say that 20 watts is fine for it though.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I shouldn't have to worry my device displaying 1.3ohms?
Just keep the wattage to what your coils can handle and you should be fine, you already learned that just now, do a research on olms law and read up on the types of mods that best match yours and little by little you'll get the hang of it, asking questions is a great way to learn things as well. Have fun!!!

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Higher Ohm reading usually indicate a loose connection, do you have everything secured tightly? coil secured to base, tank secured to mod? it needs only be finger tight, do not over-screw it or it might break, but if you have everything secured tightly and you still have a reading of 1.2 Ohm for a 0.2 Ohm coil then either your coil head or device have fault .. does your other coil (the one you burned) also read higher resistance that what is written on it?

Everything is screwed on tightly. I don't really wanna swap the other one over since it's practically working fine now. I'll let it charge up and I'll perhaps swap it over.

Does it matter if it read 1.3 instead of 1.2? Will it damage or harm me?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everything is screwed on tightly. I don't really wanna swap the other one over since it's practically working fine now. I'll let it charge up and I'll perhaps swap it over.

Does it matter if it read 1.3 instead of 1.2? Will it damage or harm me?
If the coil is actually a 1.2 Ohm coil (should be grooved in the metal sleeve) and the device is reading it as 1.3 Ohm that is a perfectly acceptable resistance variation, but if the coil is 0.2 Ohm and is reading 1.3 Ohm then the wire of the coil could be touching the metal sleeve which adds to the resistance and could explain why your tank itself is heating up, most tanks do get a little warm but not too hot, can you confirm what is the actual coil resistance as grooved on it or from the manual or something?

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Might be the 0.2 ohms on the website was the minimum resistance of the mod, not the resistance of the coils included.

If the coils are 1.3ohms (might actually say on the coil itself), that would explain the very hot vape at 40 watts. While it is doable if you like your vape having a hot temperature, too high a wattage can also cause the coils to vaporize the liquid faster then the cotton can wick it, resulting in dry hits. Also depends on how often you hit it and how long the hits are though.

I would say that 20 watts is fine for it though.
Currently have it on 18

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If the coil is actually a 1.2 Ohm coil (should be grooved in the metal sleeve) and the device is reading it as 1.3 Ohm that is a perfectly acceptable resistance variation, but if the coil is 0.2 Ohm and is reading 1.3 Ohm then the wire of the coil could be touching the metal sleeve which adds to the resistance and could explain why your tank itself is heating up, most tanks do get a little warm but not too hot, can you confirm what is the actual coil resistance as grooved on it or from the manual or something?

It has 0.2 engraved and display reads 1.3ohms on the mod.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
shit, that is not good, could mean that electricity is going into the metal sleeve of the coil head, heating it and your tank as well, i would contact the vendor about it, you might have received faulty coil heads that need replacing.

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
shit, that is not good, could mean that electricity is going into the metal sleeve of the coil head, heating it and your tank as well, i would contact the vendor about it, you might have received faulty coil heads that need replacing.
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

That might explain the shocks on my tongue sometimes? I bought it off a friend cheap so it's gonna be impossible to replace

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replacing coil heads is not the end of the world, or if it's the whole tank, there are TONS of other tanks out there that would work perfect on that mod!!

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Replacing coil heads is not the end of the world, or if it's the whole tank, there are TONS of other tanks out there that would work perfect on that mod!!

I might just buy a whole new tank and coils. Which ones should I get which would work with my mod? Aspire maybe?

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wait what the fuck! I went to go eat and I come back while it was charging I had a quick toke and looked at screen it now shows R: 0.2ohms. What the fuck, so that means it's fine now?
Before it read .3!

I'm so sorry guys I must be an idiot. This is first box mod I have ever had.

This is what my display shows while not vaping.

35% battery
w 20.0
R:0.2

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not much info on the web but it alludes to temp control a lot. Are you sure it's not a TC coil and needs to run in TC mode? If it's working now great ignore what I said I was typing when you posted

VU Sponsors