Become a Patron!

I'm Starting a Vaporioum: What Would You Like to See In it?

Hello! I've decided to start a Vaporium in NYC and wanted to know what services/features would fellow vapers like to see. Currently, i'm conceptualizing a Vaporium where consumers can not only purchase VTM's from a large but refined selection, but also RENT mods/ e-cigs along with a sample of multiple e-liquids (5-7) for the duration of their stay. There will be comfortable seating, coffee, snacks, and at night wine and beer will be available. The idea being that by day it acts as a coffee shop whereby users can work on their laptop, order coffee and a 5 piece sample e-liquid tray that they could drip while they work. At night, the space would transform into a speakeasy, and have even found funky modern hookahs that (with an adaptar) can replace coals with e-liquids. It will create a social hub that will attract beginners to the pro's and even those who just want to experience the next era of smoking just for a night!

I'd be great if you could share some ideas of what you would like to see in a Vaparioum! I'm trying to find the unsatisfied need in the market and meet it with full force! After seeing Henly's and various other Vaparioums, I'm convinced we can take things to the next level!

Attachments

• url.jpg
    url.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 34

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IDK about the beer angle. It screws with your taste buds. but the coffee on the other hand, does the opposite. And may drive sales.
How would you rent a mod? During the time they are there? in hopes they buy it? Are you going to rebuild each one and sterilize after each patron?Different coil types on many heads?
my local lounge opened last October, and for a Saturday evening, I was the only one in there. Gave me a chance to pick her brain, but she said its been really slow since they opened.
Never use the term 'e-cig', we have got to get away from that. I like to call my set up a 'rig'. Some say 'personal nicotine delivery device
Ive never used a hoohah for anything other than uhhhh.herbs.... so I couldn't have an opinion on that other than Ide hate to be hitting one, and some slob backfire thru the piece, blowing everything out. I suppose a hookah for a group of peeps that know each other would be cool, but I do have a few friends I wouldn't even touch some thing the've touched even if soaked in iso alcohol , and set on fire. and im not the cleanest guy around either.
Good luck on your venture.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A juice chef that will make your desired flavor on demand.

Last edited:

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love a good craft beer paired with an appropriate ejuice. You need to lay off the Coors Angus and step up your game bro. Beer and vape can be great.

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Workshops, workshops, workshops.
Safety, coil building, safety, modding, safety, DIY juice making and is there's time- safety.

Oh, yeah- wet t-shirt rewicking contests ;):D

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only drink ipa's. some times I don't know wich to grab though.....beer or adv.

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only drink ipa's. some times I don't know wich to grab though.....beer or adv.

I like a good IPA too. There are even some very good mass produced IPAs. I'm fond of Sam Adams Rebel IPA for one, seems to go nicely with a caramel type of vape... and not so well with light fruit flavors. LOL, both vape and beer is best for me. I guess that's why God gave me 2 hands.

Thank You Angus for your in-depth insight as well as for adding valid points.

To cater for new users and/or those who cant afford the high initial cost, i"d rent out Mods or even Hookah's that can accept e-juice (that will already be in sterilized atomizers) per hour basis along with a sample of juices, with the intention of familiarizing them with the concept of "vaping," and to the vast array of flavors available. I'll def ensure there is a proper workshop whereby vapers can learn, modify and purchase mod specific items.

To Vaperature's excellent point of having a juice chef and relying on an assumption that vapers like to mix their juices (I certainly do) : I thought (especially to minimize costs and drive sales) would be to have a DIY Mixology bar where users are given proper measuring equipment to mix their e-juices and create hybrid flavors which they can store in empty drip bottles that we will sell..

A Vaporium will undoubtly attract an eclectic mix of consumers, but I have identified 3 unique user segments and sub-segments to focus on identifying their unsatisfied need and providing a solution. Fundamentally, it will be a Collaborative and open workspace with coffee, snacks, beer & wine (at night only) and various amenities whereby users can work, socialize, and/or just “Vape” in peace. If you think I should focus on more segments or would like to see a particular feature/offering and i'll honestly try and make it work!

· Ex- Smokers: Those who seek “Vaping” as an alternative method to quit smoking entirely.

o Pull:

• Customer Engagement: Knowledgeable and an attentive staff that can help new entrants understand “Vaping” and field questions and concerns.
  • Vast selection– Appropriate device and e-juice that will cater to any smoker’s desired style, and need.
  • Information – Credible staff coupled with informative leaflets will help educate and inform those who are completely new but want to find out more first hand.
  • Rewards Program- Discount on first time users, those who throw their packs in a visible trash and/or those who bring in new users, and/or reach a certain dollar value will be rewarded with discounts.
  • Support Groups – Strong community of ex-smokers, as well as a resource hub for those who want to find out more on the health benefits/regulation.

· Vapers: Early adopters who promote and Vape everyday

o Pull:

• Refined Selection: E-liquids, mods, modifications and an established community of fellow “Vapers”
  • Mixology Bar – Using proper measuring equipment, users will be able to craft and purchase glass bottles with droppers to store new blends from their e-juices or even boost flavor to existing juices from our range of flavor enhancers.
  • Workshop- Learn and modify through safety demonstrations, coil building, modding, and possibly hold tutorials on DIY juice making
  • Medicinal Corner – Users will be advised on therapeutic e-juices that either contain caffeine, vitamins, melatonin, and various legal herbs to be a healthier replacement to drinking coffee and popping pills. E.g. www.vaporboost.com/
  • Competitions- From cloud chasing to judging DIY E-Juice Recipes - users skills within all the components of vaping will be challenged and showcased!
  • Interconnectivity – Message boards that keep users up to date on regulations, meet ups, reviews and any news pertaining to Vaping.

· Onlookers: People attracted by the technology, concept, and the new sensation

o Pull:

§ Experience - Showcase “Vaping” as an art form. Light installations that are activated by users expelling clouds will create visually stunning images they can take home/share on social media, live music from emerging artists, and a collaborative work/lounge space that non-vapers can enjoy and medley in.

§ Gifts – Purchase a variety of gifts (Juice packs, starter kits, etc) that are appropriate for any level of Vaper.

§ Novelty Factor – Given all the in-store hype and about Vaping in general, people’s curiosity will lead them inside to investigate further.

§ Information – Knowledgeable staff coupled with informative leaflets will help educate and inform those who are completely new but want to find out more first hand.
·
I'd be grateful for any suggestions/criticisms/feedback as my intention is to create a Vaporium that serves to all the needs of this emerging community and not to a conglomerates bottom line! The shop is intended to open in NYC and If you're there i'll throw you some free gear for all the advice!

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
New York City huh? If you get this going, I sure hope the communists running the city don't shut you down. Good luck.

dantefire

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alcohol licenses and dealing with health inspections due to foods will be a huge thing for you to deal with. Bear this in mind.

Also, most B/M's have fully stocked tasting bars that are free of charge with equipment provided also free of charge. Not sure how well received having to pay for equipment would go over. I certainly wouldn't open my wallet for this.

I like the concept of a coffee style hangout where I could order a latte and a sampler pack of juice though. Keep exploring that concept, and best wishes on your success.

D.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To Vaperature's excellent point of having a juice chef and relying on an assumption that vapers like to mix their juices (I certainly do) : I thought (especially to minimize costs and drive sales) would be to have a DIY Mixology bar where users are given proper measuring equipment to mix their e-juices and create hybrid flavors which they can store in empty drip bottles that we will sell..

Just to clarify, you were thinking of having a bar where people mix their own? In theory, fantastic idea. In practice, a mess. You'd have to have someone there siphoning out nicotine and making sure people are doing it correctly. You're going to get people who have no experience, and unless you have numbered stations, ackkk. This might be more expensive having an in-house mixer. I envision people tasting their mixes and then dumping them because they wanted to try every flavor or added too much sweetener or something.

Medicinal Corner – Users will be advised on therapeutic e-juices that either contain caffeine, vitamins, melatonin, and various legal herbs to be a healthier replacement to drinking coffee and popping pills. E.g. www.vaporboost.com/

You may want to stay away from stating "a healthier replacement" in terms of vitamins, caffeine, etc. Unless you have multiple sources of scientific data to support this, beyond a company trying to sell a product, I would be very hesitant to make this claim. I foresee a lawsuit.

You have some amazing ideas. Wish you much success.

VU Sponsors