Become a Patron!

I'm tired...

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Honestly just do whatever makes you happy.. Smoke, vape, drink, don't drink, roll around in the mud, take up diving or skydiving hell eat 1lb of bacon every day if it makes you happy.

Society keeps telling us to be perfect but at what cost? What's the point of living if I can't be myself, what's the point of being perfect if my life is boring.

Fuck it I'm going to get a cheeseburger and a 6 pack and vape until sated...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I'm more tired of the market saturation

There is absolutely nothing that I have seen in 2018 that I want.

It's like i'm not into buying vape shit anymore.

I'm just buying eliquid for "Vape Maintenance" and every once in a while I'll get 4 new batteries and boot 4 old ones.

I never thought It was possible to remain happy with the same setup(s) for such a long time until it happened.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm still like that sometime too. Here lately I keep it on my bedside table and I never did that with cigs. Last few days I don't walk thru the house without a mo in my hand even if I'm coming right back to the couch. Usually lasts a few days then I chill again when in the house. So weird, I still believe vaping can be as much an addiction as smoking. I do like the fact that as long as I can see or reach my vape I'm good most of the time.

I dont have the attachement to actual vaping i did at the start - Decided to go to 0 nic. Ill be honest its been tough and ive been a grumpy sod last few weeks but im getting there. Was saying to Huck the other day you really notice how peppery nic is when you havent had it at all (and i thought i had good stuff). All juices taste sweeter and brighter now and when they steep they dont oxidise.

But really i was referring to the other parts of my vaping addiction the all encompassing time consuming one.

Vaping= monitoring the market, buying new gear, the social media side, coil building, revieiwng and feeding back about products to manufacturers directly, help keep this place ticking, stip down clean and rebuild both mine and the missus gear weekly, make new juce, make sure my batteries are charged and ready to go...

Smoking = rolled a ciggy and damn where did i put my lighter ....

I'm more tired of the market saturation

A large part of it is this i think, the relentless release rate. The part where we can look forward to things is now gone.

Release product A...(was it a success?) now milk the shit out of that cow ...

Colour range, special drip tips, different cap combos, follow ups post configurations, single or dual coil equivalents, new offshoots

This is exaxtly how game developers (more the app side) market thier content (draw you in, get you hooked, then shove content down your throat through paywalls, until all its just a husk and chore driven gameplay you feel compelled to keep doing because you have so much time invested in it.

Meh think i need to look at what im doing and seriously think about what parts i enjoy and whats become just a husk (and shed that away)

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I dont have the attachement to actual vaping i did at the start - Decided to go to 0 nic. Ill be honest its been tough and ive been a grumpy sod last few weeks but im getting there. Was saying to Huck the other day you really notice how peppery nic is when you havent had it at all (and i thought i had good stuff). All juices taste sweeter and brighter now and when they steep they dont oxidise.

But really i was referring to the other parts of my vaping addiction the all encompassing time consuming one.

Vaping= monitoring the market, buying new gear, the social media side, coil building, revieiwng and feeding back about products to manufacturers directly, help keep this place ticking, stip down clean and rebuild both mine and the missus gear weekly, make new juce, make sure my batteries are charged and ready to go...

A large part of it is this i think, the relentless release rate. The part where we can look forward to things is now gone.

Colour range, special drip tips, different cap combos, follow ups post configurations, single or dual coil equivalents, new offshoots

This is exaxtly how game developers (more the app side) market thier content (draw you in, get you hooked, then shove content down your throat through paywalls, until all its just a husk and chore driven gameplay you feel compelled to keep doing because you have so much time invested in it.

Meh think i need to look at what im doing and seriously think about what parts i enjoy and whats become just a husk (and shed that away)
:hug:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Very well said. You've nailed a lot of what I'm feeling as well.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
KxuION9.gif

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The only recent mainstream enhancements are mesh, flax, wood pulp, etc. I have a Prince baby mesh and its ok but nothing mind blowing.

Do I really want to risk getting new tanks if the coil production gets cut off because they came out after Aug 8, 2016?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The only recent mainstream enhancements are mesh, flax, wood pulp, etc. I have a Prince baby mesh and its ok but nothing mind blowing.

Do I really want to risk getting new tanks if the coil production gets cut off because they came out after Aug 8, 2016?
Umm the cutoff date is Feb 2007. Nothing after that date will be allowed on the market when full implementation and enforcement begins in a couple of years or so.
Unless they manage to get their product thru the PMTA process.
ALL vaping stuff not on the market prior to Feb 2007 will be required to go thru the PMTA process.
So effectively virtually ALL vaping equipment will be prohibited from being sold.

Rebuildables is the way to go if planning for FDA Vaping 'ban'.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You all need to take the survey or flavors will be gone forever!

@SMOKIE what do you know that makes you say it that way. I understand there's a good chance the FDA may want to say no flavored ejuice probably using the kids as an excuse. but seriously buy unflavored nic juice and add your own flavoring. The stuff we use in diy is not going away it's used in way too many industries. Plus the USA is not the only market for these products. SO places like FA are not just going to go out of busness

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I've never been a vaping hobbyist. I like nicotine and vaping is better and much much cheaper than smoking.

I didn't join vu for the hobby aspect of the latest and greatest. I joined vu to learn DIY juice, simple easy coils builds and to find good deals on vaping gear(sales and such). I stay on VU to keep current on the regulation and tax front.

I have RDA's and RDTA's and can build my own if I need to due to regulation/availability of gear but I vape on low appeal mods and tanks using manufacturer coils. I vape 12mg, 9-12 watts on a factory coil MTL tank and consume about 5ml of juice a day. I mix large batches of juice(300ml) every few months.

Vaping is my nicotine vice. I doubt I quit vaping altogether, but I don't spend much time or money on it. I have not spent a penny this year on vaping, yet.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@SMOKIE what do you know that makes you say it that way. I understand there's a good chance the FDA may want to say no flavored ejuice probably using the kids as an excuse. but seriously buy unflavored nic juice and add your own flavoring. The stuff we use in diy is not going away it's used in way too many industries. Plus the USA is not the only market for these products. SO places like FA are not just going to go out of busness

It's the usual hunting-tactics of "Panic The Herd!". It works better than that in politics, too.

Frankly, I don't trust "organizations" at all - and CASAA is all of that and a lobby as well. We are doing so well with lobbyists.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, I highly recommend that any vapers who might be tempted to smoke at least have a NET on hand as a backup plan

At one point with all the talk about NET's and WTA's I was thinking about trying them out but then I thought to myself after all this time it was sort of going backwards for me. I do vape a lot of Tobacco Blends and some Flue Cured but no need for any of the shit in cigarettes in my vape. Frack That~!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At one point with all the talk about NET's and WTA's I was thinking about trying them out but then I thought to myself after all this time it was sort of going backwards for me. I do vape a lot of Tobacco Blends and some Flue Cured but no need for any of the shit in cigarettes in my vape. Frack That~!

I felt much the same on my first go-round, when it seemed nearly effortless to switch from smoking to vaping -- I didn't want to start needing something again that I had already pretty much beat. But that did change, my 2nd time quitting butts for vaping, and without the WTA, I really doubt I'd have managed to stay smoke-free.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
my 2nd time quitting butts

See there is the difference I got up and said today is the day I never buy another pack of smokes again and that was it. Cold Turkey and toughed it out. Over 3 years of dual use and cutting down (My Ass) did not work only just do it did.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
See there is the difference I got up and said today is the day I never buy another pack of smokes again and that was it. Cold Turkey and toughed it out. Over 3 years of dual use and cutting down (My Ass) did not work only just do it did.

And that would never have worked for me. I did the slow transition, the first time around, but it ended up being a lot faster than I ever anticipated -- about 3 wks, and I was ready to drop the smokes. The 2nd time, I gave myself a month, but it seemed more stubborn, so I finally had to just say ENOUGH ALREADY! and lay them down. But the 2nd time was different, because even though it did require a real effort of will, at that point, I knew it was POSSIBLE -- something it never was, with any other way of quitting. I did just as well, the 2nd time, for about 10 days... then the real bone-deep cravings came back, even though I really didn't want to smoke -- that was where WTA came into the picture, and it was a godsend; those cravings entirely vanished.

Andria

VU Sponsors