Become a Patron!

important!:(

quaid_station

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dropped my authentic Manhattan mod and its all f'd up with tiny dents and scratches.. Is there any way to fix this problem? And shops or something? I imagine I don't have the right tools for the job..

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What sort of a finish on it?

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Honestly, if I were you I'd embrace the situation and dremel the rest of it, to equalize the finish.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it's polished you can wet sand the scratches out of it and then polish it again. Can't fix a dent though, is it getting in the way of putting your battery in?

You could also get a cheap fuhattan just for the tube and have a $20 or less fix with spare parts left over.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
You might be able to buff some of the scratches out of it but I don't think there is much you can do about dents.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If its not deep like a mm you can polish it out post some pics show the damage

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well if its not deep you can buff it out. My old copper stingray had deep scratches so I used a old boge carto to attach it to a drill. Then I spun it while sanding it down with finer grits till it was a mirror shine.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Upload pics to imgur. Select bbcode under link, copy and paste to post. Pics show up. You'll get better advice if we can see. I'm sure many here would really like to help you if possible. Take the time to show us the damage.

quaid_station

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have imgur though.. Sorry I'm just a little confused.. Could I send it to you via email and you can post it?

quaid_station

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll try something on my phone.. Just got the droid turbo so I'm kinda still figuring things out

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sent you a private message mail it to me I'll put it up

quaid_station

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There we go

Attachments

• IMG_20141215_205932.jpg
    IMG_20141215_205932.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 40

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you.could sand that out from what I can see from my phone screen. Using a drill like I said before will make sure it's even

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or you could do a custom patina and forget about the dings and scratches.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some patient, precision filling to knock down the bits that are high. Then wet sand while spinning with a drill like was mentioned to keep it even. Might have to do switch and top so it all matches. That sucks. Good luck.

quaid_station

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll try to get them out first.
Its firing awfully right now but I think i not ed to wrap another coil.. But my flat top battery got smashed in up top so idk why that happened

quaid_station

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll have my Purdue graduate / mechanical engineering brother try it lol. Sounds too complex for me..

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You might want to do a complete disassembly to inspect everything. Hope you get it sorted.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
That doesn't look too bad, honestly...but pics can be deceiving. If you know anyone who works in a machining shop, they could buff most of that right out for you. Depending on where it is on the mod, they could probably even machine out the dents if they're not too deep.

If you're not familiar with metalworking and/or polishing, this isn't something I would DIY. Not on an authentic $200+ mod.

VU Sponsors