Become a Patron!

Imports/Exports...

Hi all!

I am looking, or rather, now very close to launching a small (but hopefully soon big!) business in South Africa supplying vape gear/juice to our vape community and general consumer markets... however..!

I am at a cross roads with the decision to bring in international lines, due to recent developments and concerns around the customs and applicable 45% import duty, and 14% VAT!

Has anyone had, and more so, do any US suppliers currently have a safe and sound means to get their juices down here, without being subjected to the horrendous taxes?

Perhaps even a company doing well enough to be able to supply us with their product at a reduced price, enough so to help compensate for the ludicrous charges?

Positively awaiting with hopeful and wishful prayers :)

Thanks in advance,
Dirk
~ The Vapery (website under heavy construction and should be launched early August!!)

NitroBex

The Cloud Chasing Geek
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
While not that severe I can tell you fees like that get tacked into the final price, for example here in the us, a vendor has to take in to consideration the cost of the item + the shipping fees (can be quite high) + the wire fees to pay for an item + the expected number of returns + profit margin to determine the final cost
So for example lets say vendor was to import 10 nemesis clones...
The mods are $10 each ($100 Total)
The shipping is $25
The wire fee is $5
The expected number of returns is 1 (so $10)

The actual cost of the mods is $140 ($100+25+5+10)
So if they want to make $5/mod a 50% margin ($50 total)
They would need to charge $19/mod

Now that is in a perfect world... Stuff such as merchant fee, site fees, lights, rent, employees, ect get added in so in reality the $10 wholesale mod would go for between $25-30 here in the US depending on if it is a physical store or an online store,.

Hope that helps.

VU Sponsors