Become a Patron!

Impossible?

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I purchased a Digiflavor Fugi GTA dual coil version. The build deck is positioned in the middle of the tank, so it's not a RDTA or RTA. I have tried my builds in this thing 3 or 4 times and it has leaked every time. I have tried extra thick wicking to the point where I could barely get it closed and it still leaked! Anyone else have any experience with this tank? I know trying to put a build in the middle of the juice well is just asking for trouble, but I refuse to give up! Any suggestions on how to solve this issue without throwing in the towel would be appreciated! 20180513_021045.jpeg20180513_021045.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
I purchased a Digiflavor Fugi GTA dual coil version. The build deck is positioned in the middle of the tank, so it's not a RDTA or RTA. I have tried my builds in this thing 3 or 4 times and it has leaked every time. I have tried extra thick wicking to the point where I could barely get it closed and it still leaked! Anyone else have any experience with this tank? I know trying to put a build in the middle of the juice well is just asking for trouble, but I refuse to give up! Any suggestions on how to solve this issue without throwing in the towel would be appreciated! View attachment 110929View attachment 110930

Picture of box, tank w/o cotton
7e3958fa30681428ccea59408445bab0.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've never owned it. Vaping with Vic has a review/wick guide unless you've seen or tried it that way already. @ 17:05 and @ 25:00
You have to have those wick openings in the deck completely filled, and if any strands of wick get caught in the threads, that will also create a leak.

kelem

Member For 1 Year
i had the fujison that has the same problem. it has leaking from 510 connection which filled the mod with liquid.
you can try
1. with more cotton
2. with different cotton (cb, cb prime)
3. change orings
4. use high vg liquid(>= %80vg)
5. gives great flavor this devil :)
imo the wraps are too much.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where exactly is it leaking from? Could leak through the 510 or where the base meets the bottom of the glass or through the airflow slots.

One thing to try is wet the wicks and mold them into the wicking channels to be sure the cotton clears the threads. If you cannot mold the wicks into the channels it's too much cotton and trim accordingly.

Other than that inspect all your o rings to be sure they aren't the culprit.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Where exactly is it leaking from? Could leak through the 510 or where the base meets the bottom of the glass or through the airflow slots.

One thing to try is wet the wicks and mold them into the wicking channels to be sure the cotton clears the threads. If you cannot mold the wicks into the channels it's too much cotton and trim accordingly.

Other than that inspect all your o rings to be sure they aren't the culprit.
It keeps leaking from the airflow slots. Once the juice reaches level with the deck it stops leaking.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It keeps leaking from the airflow slots. Once the juice reaches level with the deck it stops leaking.

Sounds like the rta is a pain in the ass to get the wicking right.

I would try saturating the wicks and mold them in place to be sure the cotton is not in the threading when screwing the chamber onto the build deck.

What the PG/VG ratio of your juice?

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Sounds like the rta is a pain in the ass to get the wicking right.

I would try saturating the wicks and mold them in place to be sure the cotton is not in the threading when screwing the chamber onto the build deck.

What the PG/VG ratio of your juice?
Was using a 70vg Pina Colada. Just mixed up a max VG Strawberries and cream I'm going to try in it when it's done steeping. (3 days)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
i have a bunch of these and love them. They are one of my favorite RTA's. There are two ways to wick them (that I use) that keep them from being a faucet.

When using high VG I dress the wick down until it just touches the deck. Then saturate the cotton and fluff them out, screw on the chimney without the glass and use some tweezers to further fluff it out and seal the holes and dress it all in nice, then unscrew it and put the glass back on. With it being wet it generally maintains its shape.

Only let it touch the deck and not lay over. As the juice gets wet and cotton gets heavy the tanks vacuum will be broken by the weight of the cotton dangling and it will leak like a California dam.

If using lower VG juice I will wick it normally at the coil but tighter into the tank and only let it protrude about 1mm. In this instance saturate the cotton, screw it together without the glass and bow tie fluff it up and then assemble it with the glass.

I always fill mine with the airflow closed and then prime it a couple of puffs to get the suction in the tanks squared away. With the airflow holes being so large you really have to fill the 4 holes from the build deck into the tank full and makes sure there are no places for juice to leak up, because it will. It also works really well in this particular tank to position your coils very low on the deck as close to the air holes as possible.

When I get home tomorrow I can build them up in each instance and post pics if that helps. These really are great tanks. I use CB V2 and whatever pads i pick up when no CB V2 is available. I am surprised those coils don't short out being as large as they are.

VU Sponsors