Become a Patron!

IN MY VIEW: American Lung Association Guilty of Public Health Malpractice

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sounds like they'd rather that people lose their minds over methods that don't work, or even make you feel worse. My own Dr said she'd rather see me keep using my ecig, than to smoke. I see more people saying the same.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My own Dr said she'd rather see me keep using my ecig, than to smoke. I see more people saying the same.

I would hope 100% of all doctors would recommend the same...

It's like that Trident gum commercial..... "9 out of 10 dentists recommend sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum."
Who IS that 10th dentist???

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would hope 100% of all doctors would recommend the same...

It's like that Trident gum commercial..... "9 out of 10 dentists recommend sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum."
Who IS that 10th dentist???
Sadly, they exist. One doc said, "same thing". Sad sad sad.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bet if Dr. Siegel could, he'd mention the ALA is in big pharma's pocket. But, big pharma has much more money to waste in court trying to dis Dr. Siegel's opinion.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bet if Dr. Siegel could, he'd mention the ALA is in big pharma's pocket. But, big pharma has much more money to waste in court trying to dis Dr. Siegel's opinion.

He's clearly taken the gloves off, though -- if you look in the right column, there are a number of links to his recent posts in which he says much the same thing about other "charitable" (HAH!) entities.

I'm just so glad that my doctor is not on the payroll of either BP or any of the "charitable" orgs, and that he has a functional brain in his head as well -- when I mentioned to him in Jan 2014 that I was thinking of trying e-cigs to see if they would, at the very least, allow me to cut down significantly on smoking, he urged me to give them a try -- and even made a point of mentioning it again before he left the room, that he hoped I'd try out e-cigs and that I found them more helpful than traditional NRT.

The next time I saw him, I'd been a non-smoker for several months, and he looked like he'd been struck by lightening, after 17 yrs of treating me for my asthma and suggesting NRT, which I always refused, since it had failed me twice already. Now, everytime I see him, he's still delighted that I'm still vaping and still not smoking, and has expressed that his favorite thing about vaping is that it seems to work FAR better than anything he's EVER seen in helping ex-smokers STAY ex, rather than relapsing.

Andria

VU Sponsors