Become a Patron!

In need of a new triple 18650 box mod.

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I have a Cuboid that doesn't give me the greatest battery life and wanted an upgrade so my 30mm tank didn't look weird sitting on a small box.
So I went out and bought an awesome looking Wismec RX-200S. (white/black)
I had read about the problems with the RX-2/3's five ten connection in the past and read that with the RX-200s Wismec and JayBoy revamped the whole device and the 510 connection so it wouldn't bottom out so easily and made it more sturdy and such. I guess they didn't do much because there I was having the typical "Atomizer short" "No Atomizer" readings and I had just bought the thing the day before. I don't screw the thing down to tightly just snug enough so it wont come apart on me while its in my pocket/backpack.
So I bought and bought a pack of rubber washer/seal's to put between the RX and the tank itself and that worked for a while. I didn't get that reading for a few days. Now it's back and it doesn't happen too often but often enough to get on my nerves.

So next question is when I end up throwing this thing out my car window, which triple 18650 battery mod do I get next? I am running a 30mm wide RTA on top of whatever I pick next so that will be a deciding factor.
I'm half tempted to go out and buy another RX200s and just super glue the spacer to the bottom on my atty this time lol. It sounds like insanity but I love the look of this thing :(
Has anyone purchased a 3x battery mod and have a suggestion? Thanks for any help. :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a Cuboid that doesn't give me the greatest battery life and wanted an upgrade so my 30mm tank didn't look weird sitting on a small box.
I had read about the problems with the RX-2/3's five ten connection in the past and read that with the RX-200s Wismec and JayBoy revamped the whole device and the 510 connection so it wouldn't bottom out so easily and made it more sturdy and such. I guess they didn't do much because there I was having the typical "Atomizer short" "No Atomizer" readings and I had just bought the thing the day before. I don't screw the thing down to tightly just snug enough so it wont come apart on me while its in my pocket/backpack.
So I bought and bought a pack of rubber washer/seal's to put between the RX and the tank itself and that worked for a while. I didn't get that reading for a few days. Now it's back and it doesn't happen too often but often enough to get on my nerves.

So next question is when I end up throwing this thing out my car window, which triple 18650 battery mod do I get next? I am running a 30mm wide RTA on top of whatever I pick next so that will be a deciding factor.
I'm half tempted to go out and buy another RX200s and just super glue the spacer to the bottom on my atty this time lol. It sounds like insanity but I love the look of this thing :(
Has anyone purchased a 3x battery mod and have a suggestion? Thanks for any help. :)
I'm using and absolutely love the functionality of the lost vape triade dna250
not sure a 30mm top would look good on it because of the platform

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
this is the triade with a 24goon on top... I doubt anything bigger than a 25 would look right,
D46F73AE-B6F6-41D3-A920-42AB4963C8F1_zpsgldmjcpf.jpg

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

FYI they use the same 510 it's never been "fixed or upgraded" even on their DNA model. I've heard stuff about the triad but it's pricey 128 bucks was the cheapest i seen https://www.fasttech.com/products/1...hentic-lost-vape-triade-dna250w-tc-vw-apv-box

A cheaper one is the istick 200 but i don't expect it to me much better then the RX if at all. there are some 4 battery mods out but not a lot of reviews. The lux takes 2 26650 batts which will get you around the same battery life as a triple 18650 mod. Smok power engine is a 4 battery mod.

Problem is, Since i stick to dual 18650 mods mostly, I couldn't recommend any of these but maybe someone can chime in on those and say yay or nay

SuperMidget

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had an rx200 that the 510 have out on. Switched to an iStick 200w months ago and never looked back. Best mod I've owned to date.

But this morning I won an iJoy Maxo so we will see when it arrives how it stacks up.

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hmm the maxo looks pretty decent and it isn't HUGE either. I might look into finding a nice price online. Thank you for the help, I didn't see any triple battery mods that stood out besides the Tempest and the DNA 200. I like a mod that is fantastic looking which is another reason I was drawn to the rx200S's

Last edited:

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I ended up just unscrewing the 510 pin on the bottom of my atomizer a bit so that it made better contact with my 510 pin in my RX200S. No more issues with the "Atomizer short" or "No Atomizer" problems. Thank god, that shit was getting very annoying. I will probably still go out and look at getting a 4x 18650 mod anyway just for house use. But now that I don't have to get a new box, its RDA time and then in a few weeks onto a mech.

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Have you checked out the Council Of Vapor Tempest 200w mod? It takes 3 18650 batteries. I've got one myself and it's a great piece of kit. Feels really well built and lasts me for days vaping at 50w with a J Well Altera tank. Not sure how a 30mm RTA would fit on her but maybe it's worth a look.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Have you checked out the Council Of Vapor Tempest 200w mod? It takes 3 18650 batteries. I've got one myself and it's a great piece of kit. Feels really well built and lasts me for days vaping at 50w with a J Well Altera tank. Not sure how a 30mm RTA would fit on her but maybe it's worth a look.
I've been looking at the lux as a mod to take 30mm tanks. It's a dual 26650 mod

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
042aa12f97a1fb055b1c5a096044bf70.jpg
My brother gave me this 300w Koopor
Primus for my birthday..uses three I8650's ..Vaping the .15 ohm CloudBeast batts last almost 2.5 days..alot better batt life vaping the same tank on the RX200s..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TrackDay

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I've been looking at the lux as a mod to take 30mm tanks. It's a dual 26650 mod

Damn, that thing must be a beast! I saw a single 26650 mod in my local vape shop and it was huge.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Damn, that thing must be a beast! I saw a single 26650 mod in my local vape shop and it was huge.
I have a single 26650 mod and it isn't huge. But I'd imagine the dual one is lol

BoostAddict

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I would recommend the Triade 250 IMO . You get a Dna Board and a great looking mod as a bonus.
It 's one of the best at TC and fire the biggest coils you can build:cheers:
This was just a quick pic with a 30mm rta, not screwed all the way down.

IMG_5303.JPG

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That's actually the same tank I have.
IMG_20161105_191112.jpg
I got The Beast firing right on my RX200 for now, I just unscrewed the pin a tiny bit on The Beast so the post on the top of the deck barely moves but yet gives the box a good connection with the atty. It's odd, the RX200S is said to short because the 510 thread hole depth is so shallow. But yet unscrewing the 510 pin on my atty a tiny bit (which makes the pin even longer) allows for more of a connection. What sense does that make? I guess the 510 pin on the atty being unscrewed a tiny bit i makes it so the connection is quicker so the threads connect earlier and the threads are snug then ... I don't know lol. It works for now.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors