Become a Patron!

In need of some assistance..

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey vapors and vapettes, new here and new to vaping overall (1 month on the 18th) I'm wondering if what I'm looking for even exists...

I'm looking for a regulated mod (as I prefer them over mechanical) that can put out good clouds with a tank instead of a dripper because of the fact that I manage a warehouse I cant just pop the top off and wet the wick if its starting to dry up (if I decide to take it to work). The only prerequisite that I prefer is that it be USB charging/pass through just for the ease of use philosophy.

I have no idea where to start or what to look for.

Also with that being said I've attempted to use the RBA deck and failed, I'm not sure what it was it just tasted real funny switched back to stock coils and no funny taste, BTW my setup is a 100% stock subox mini kit I don't know how to build coils or wick or anything like that and me trying failed but I will try again when I re-up on building supplies. But to get back on topic:

If possible I would like assistance/guidance on putting together a respectable cloud producing regulated mod/tank combo that preferably has USB/pass through charging. My apologies if it sounds demanding as that is not the intention I'm trying to convey.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The ipv mini 2 goes to 70 watts and is light weight. Also fits your need of usb charge. People seem to like the crown tank and the tfv4 tank so that could be a goodwork setup

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been looking at the reviews for Uwell's Crown. Seems to be pretty solid, I'll check out the IPV in a few, thanks a lot.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I see the Stentorian Steam Engine produces good flavor and clouds without needing over 70w.

Clapton coil for TFV4 is a good option.

Arctic V8 with new Tiger and Snake coils got my attention. Just starting to see reviews on those.

From Sense, Herakles Plus and smaller Mermaid has fans too, as does original Herakles.

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I'm a former smoker, last smoke was 18th of Dec. Thanks for all the input, I'm also looking at this Wismec Reuleaux RX200 true 200W box mod but idk how I feel about it

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure what you mean by vaping style, if you mean do I prefer lung hits or mouth to lung, do I pull hard etc? I at times do mouth to lung on the lung hit airflow, then what leads to wanting a setup that can pull of clouds is when I lung it and exhale without holding, I do enjoy mouth to lung on the second biggest airflow to get a closer to smoking experience so I guess I'm all over the chart lol

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My rx200 has been poetry in motion for the month I've had it. The USB is for updates, and while it may be able to charge, I've been warned this mod can develop problems that way, so I use an external charger. While a little heavy, the rx200 fits the hand very comfortably and the menu settings are straight forward.

I heard Joyetech, eLeaf, and Wismec/Jaybo are somehow corporate related..... not 100 pct sure though.

There are some tanks that can do different vaping styles with different coils, such as the Triton 2, which I've not tried.

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now I'm trying to decide between:

Tanks: Stentorian Steam Engine and Uwell Crown
Mods: eVic VTC Mini and the RX 200

Looks like I got some homework to do lol

cheech94off

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i would recommend the crown with the VTC mini. i dont think you need anymore power than that. the RX200 seems like driving a ferrari in manhattan

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Driving a Ferrari in the city isn't all that bad actually lol but I get what you mean, interestingly enough That's the combo that I kept looking at the most. That may not be a show quality combo, but I'm guessing and hoping that would satisfy my own personal cloud chasing

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Crown and the Evic VTC mini is a great combo. The VTC Mini has TCR control, Ni/Ti/SS Temp Control, has Power (regulated) and Bypass (unregulated) mode, USB Firmware Upgradable (can charge too, but would recommend external charger) and 75W single 18650. The Crown is an amazing tank for both flavor and vapor production without compromising each other. It has Ni200 and SS coils, and has an RBA (sold separately). SS coils are hands down better in every way, flavor is on point, vapor is great, and SS coils can work in TC and Power modes, so it's a win-win (no worries if you accidently switch between modes, it won't ruin your coils like it would with Ni/Ti coils).

All In All, A Winning Combination!

20160118_081430.jpg

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That is beautiful, the tank sits pretty well too. Have you built on the RBA section? I'll most likely be buying this set sometime next month. TC sold me. I've noticed on the subox mini when I want to attempt (lol) to put out some "big" clouds the coils/cotton end up getting charred because I take long, deep, slow draws So I figure TC would help me save some coilsheads and wicks whenever I get comfortable enough to build on it.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heres the opinion of just another vaper that's been around the block....

If you want a device with an internal battery pack and pass through charging, your likely to give up the cloud factor and direct lung hitting. Those type of devices do not last (as in the battery charge) to run tanks capable of great clouds. Juice monsters require dual battery mods in the 100+ watt range with changeable batteries. Tanks such as a TFV4 or Crown eat juice and power.

If and when you step into a bigger mod, such as the rx200, you can't rely on the on board charger to charge batteries. You'll need a charger.

If you are really after clouds in the end, you will end up with RDA's. And for an RDA, you'll be running a 100+ watt mod. In the beginning for me, I kept buying something bigger and more capable. Spent a lot of money getting to where I am. I would have been better off just going big out of the gate.

Everyone is different though.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The tank sits perfectly flush (no wobble), with no overhang on the front or sides too. I have the RBA, but have yet to use it (comes with a 3 pre-wrapped SS coils, with cotton/accessories), still trying to burn out the SS coil head the tank came with. I've installed and wicked the RBA already and it seems pretty easy. There's also no juice wells, instead there's juice slots, so I'm unsure of how well the juice will flow into the wick, but it appears to be pretty solid so I'm hopeful. TC is amazing on this mod, and has user set TCR for when you get into TC in-depth. Even if you stuck with pre-made coil heads, you wouldn't be disappointed either. I can take pulls for the whole 12 seconds, and not even get a hint of dry-hit, even with 100% VG juice. Once you figure out the perfect settings for you, you'll never want to put this mod down, it's just toooo tasty :p. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Mine is in SS316, at 550f at 40W @0.3ohm.......one word : HEAVENLY!

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heres the opinion of just another vaper that's been around the block....

If you want a device with an internal battery pack and pass through charging, your likely to give up the cloud factor and direct lung hitting. Those type of devices do not last (as in the battery charge) to run tanks capable of great clouds. Juice monsters require dual battery mods in the 100+ watt range with changeable batteries. Tanks such as a TFV4 or Crown eat juice and power.

If and when you step into a bigger mod, such as the rx200, you can't rely on the on board charger to charge batteries. You'll need a charger.

If you are really after clouds in the end, you will end up with RDA's. And for an RDA, you'll be running a 100+ watt mod. In the beginning for me, I kept buying something bigger and more capable. Spent a lot of money getting to where I am. I would have been better off just going big out of the gate.

Everyone is different though.

I was leaning towards the RX200 and in some ways I still am. But I don't think I'm there as far as commitment goes, I will admit though that if/when I feel good enough going to 100W and above... As the saying goes "its better to have and not need, than to need and not have". As far as RDA's, personally (no offense to any drippers) it seems like such a hassle to constantly stop and saturate when you take those massive chain vapes. Maybe when I feel comfortable using a rebuildable deck I may look into a RDA... but as of now I'm ok with sacrificing some cloudage for the ease of use advantage If I were to get the RX200 I would for sure get an external charger as I don't really trust the balance board on anything that requires more than 1 high capacity battery.

The tank sits perfectly flush (no wobble), with no overhang on the front or sides too. I have the RBA, but have yet to use it (comes with a 3 pre-wrapped SS coils, with cotton/accessories), still trying to burn out the SS coil head the tank came with. I've installed and wicked the RBA already and it seems pretty easy. There's also no juice wells, instead there's juice slots, so I'm unsure of how well the juice will flow into the wick, but it appears to be pretty solid so I'm hopeful. TC is amazing on this mod, and has user set TCR for when you get into TC in-depth. Even if you stuck with pre-made coil heads, you wouldn't be disappointed either. I can take pulls for the whole 12 seconds, and not even get a hint of dry-hit, even with 100% VG juice. Once you figure out the perfect settings for you, you'll never want to put this mod down, it's just toooo tasty :p. I guarantee you will not be disappointed. Mine is in SS316, at 550f at 40W @0.3ohm.......one word : HEAVENLY!

I hear the coils last a long time, that's good to know lol, I need to buy me some cotton and coils and practice on the kanger RBA because I suck ass at it at the moment, 1st time flooded bad second time such a weird taste I got turned off by it

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hear the coils last a long time, that's good to know lol, I need to buy me some cotton and coils and practice on the kanger RBA because I suck ass at it at the moment, 1st time flooded bad second time such a weird taste I got turned off by it
Yeah, I've run about 2 tanks through the new coil, taste just keeps getting better (still tastes awesome right off the bat too). I usually go through a coil after about 1.5 weeks or so, regardless of tank, so it'll be interesting to see if these truly do last longer.
My buddy has the Kanger RBA, and it was pretty finicky, even with basic builds, took us a few tries to get it working properly, but the Crown RBA looks a little better to build on. Looks like a larger build deck, and the juice slots seem better too, but I have yet to try it out, so I can't attest to it yet. Even if the RBA doesn't perform well, the tank is still amazing with stock coil heads, so it's still a winner in my books.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was leaning towards the RX200 and in some ways I still am. But I don't think I'm there as far as commitment goes, I will admit though that if/when I feel good enough going to 100W and above... As the saying goes "its better to have and not need, than to need and not have". As far as RDA's, personally (no offense to any drippers) it seems like such a hassle to constantly stop and saturate when you take those massive chain vapes. Maybe when I feel comfortable using a rebuildable deck I may look into a RDA... but as of now I'm ok with sacrificing some cloudage for the ease of use advantage If I were to get the RX200 I would for sure get an external charger as I don't really trust the balance board on anything that requires more than 1 high capacity battery.

The RBA decks for tanks, are harder to build on and wick, then an RDA. Most RDA's have more room to work with and wicking is pretty easy to do.
I chain vape, and drip every 10 pulls or so. A deeper juice well on the RDA deck is key to having enough juice capacity to avoid dripping every other toot.

Nothing wrong with tanks, if you like them. Whatever keeps you off death sticks.

ok id chimme in

so if you are mulling over

the evic vtc mini or the rx ( have both)

both functions the same way identical to a degree,
so what seperates them is the form factor and how loing in between charge

if you like em small and dont mind carrying 2-3 spare batteries,thge evic would serve you well

if you pretty much dont mind nopt being able to have the mod in your pocket the rx is great,and with moderate usage can last between 2-4 days of usage

both can be charged on the usb,and not have issues,as long as you dont pull the usb chord from the wire itself or drop juice on the ports

been charging both of them on my pc,
not i tend to carry my rx a lot @work since i will alst for a good entire shift,plus been charging it on my pc if i forget to charge them at home

as far as tanks,
the subox mini tank you can keep and use it with either of the two

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The RBA decks for tanks, are harder to build on and wick, then an RDA. Most RDA's have more room to work with and wicking is pretty easy to do.
I chain vape, and drip every 10 pulls or so. A deeper juice well on the RDA deck is key to having enough juice capacity to avoid dripping every other toot.

Nothing wrong with tanks, if you like them. Whatever keeps you off death sticks.

Is there an RTA that has more room to work with, and become a good compromise choice? Would a Griffin, Mutank, Serpent, or something else give the fingers a little more room to work?

As for FA, I'm presently enjoying the TFV4 CLP2 at 70-75w. Flavor is better than the tri or quad, juice consumption is lower, and I can still use the quad when the urge for clouds hits me, which is not all that often. I am using the rx200 for TFV4 with any coil, including TF-R2 RBA section, but the evic mini could also handle some of these.

As a noobe, I find the TF-R2 and my Aromamizer decks very tight on space, but I have big fingers.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is there an RTA that has more room to work with, and become a good compromise choice? Would a Griffin, Mutank, Serpent, or something else give the fingers a little more room to work?

As for FA, I'm presently enjoying the TFV4 CLP2 at 70-75w. Flavor is better than the tri or quad, juice consumption is lower, and I can still use the quad when the urge for clouds hits me, which is not all that often. I am using the rx200 for TFV4 with any coil, including TF-R2 RBA section, but the evic mini could also handle some of these.

As a noobe, I find the TF-R2 and my Aromamizer decks very tight on space, but I have big fingers.
I have a few RTA's but far from every one on the market. I like them, but all of them have a smaller build deck. I like a 3-3.5 mm ID coil. Macro coils. The biggest coil I have been able to make for an RTA is 2 mm. While that seems big, try wicking one of those little boogers. It's a PITA. It's also harder to fit the chimney on without touching the coils.

You'd need to ask other users about the RTA's. I don't know of any with a big build deck that don't have leak issues.

FAsoldier85

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unrelated but I've been cig free for a month and two days, extremely proud of that since that was my stress reliever in the Military... The only thing really keeping me away from the RX is the size, I'm digging everything else about it. Lol what I may end up doing is getting both the evic and the RX, probably keep the subox/subtank combo as a back up, and use 1 of the former as a take to work and one for when I want to impress myself a bit with clouds.

but if I do get two devices I will get 2 of the same tanks because I feel its more cost effective as far as coilheads go (not proficient in building/wicking yet to have a dedicated RBA) I appreciate the help and advice, its awesome.

VU Sponsors