Become a Patron!

In search of good Single coil RTA's

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive been using dual coil RTA's for some time now and recently started my search for single coil RTA's...I don't have much here to go with but I do have a few tanks ill be trying in the near future..Most of the list is ordered and im awaiting delivery.

1.) Delta2 with the RBA kit
2.) Taifun GT3
3.) TFV4 with the TF-R1 single coil RBA kit
4.) OBS T-VTC with the single coil RBA kit
5.) Kayfun V5
6.) Kanger toptank Mini

Does anyone have any suggestions to some tanks I might give a try in the future?

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I tried to get the Crius plus at vapor world for $5 but had address issues and by the time communications were done to resolve the problem (3 days later) the sale was done or they were sold out one..Oh well.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks guys..some great suggestions...My list is getting bigger on tanks to try...anyone else with some suggestions?..Im trying to compile a list of single coil RTA's to give a try.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I endorse both of these, they are both amazing. My other personal favorite, which is an oldie but a goodie, that I still keep in rotation is the kangertech SUbtank Mini (with rba section of course) It fits a decent sized coil, I rock a 2.5mm ID Clapton in there, 6 wraps, 0.7 ohms, 33W, its a great vape.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
kangertech SUbtank Mini (with rba section of course) It fits a decent sized coil, I rock a 2.5mm ID Clapton in there, 6 wraps, 0.7 ohms, 33W, its a great vape.
I got one also, same setup, and it does a great job of MTL vaping style with a powerful flavor punch using a clapton.

Lactone

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got one also, same setup, and it does a great job of MTL vaping style with a powerful flavor punch using a clapton.
Yup exactly. The airflow on the most restricted setting is capable of a decent MTL style vape, and the wide open airflow setting is a really smooth, restricted lung hit. I just have always loved this tank. On top of all this, the RBA is super easy to build on, and the stock coil heads are cheap, and perform well also. All in all, just a solid tank, and its CHEAP af. I got mine for less than $25 almost a year ago....I can only imagine how cheap you can find one for online nowadays....CHEERS!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure if you're after mtl or dl. For me the kayfun v5 (tobeco clone) is better as a restricted dl, too airy for mtl. The v4 is better for mtl and even then a bit 'airy' but then I'm comparing that to the restricted nature of actual cigs with a filter and clearo's paired with a vape pen. The only tank I've really used since I went to rta's is the ehpro bachelor, it's been pretty solid. Single coil, postless which works well for single coils, micro coils, twisted wires just nothing fancy like claptons and things which may be too big to fit in the postless holes.

Super easy to wick. If laid on its side a little bit of juice will collect around the top where the fill ports are due to the swivel open top and the silicone seal not being 100% perfect. It doesn't pour out but there will be a drop around the hinge area. I love how simple it is to clean and remove the tank to rewick. Unscrewing it from the deck automatically closes the juice flow ports so it doesn't have to be turned upside down or anything. Screwing it back on the juice flow doesn't open back up until it's tightened back to the deck. I've even used it like a poor man's dripper that way, soaking the wick, screw the empty tank back on and vape it when trying new flavors. Don't like that flavor just pull the wick out, shove another in and good to go. No tucking.

(Not my image, just to show the way the wick lays across the deck and the ends are trimmed past the grooves notched out of the deck wall.)
12918616_1595421137440966_543367887_n.jpg

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not sure if you're after mtl or dl. For me the kayfun v5 (tobeco clone) is better as a restricted dl, too airy for mtl. The v4 is better for mtl and even then a bit 'airy' but then I'm comparing that to the restricted nature of actual cigs with a filter and clearo's paired with a vape pen. The only tank I've really used since I went to rta's is the ehpro bachelor, it's been pretty solid. Single coil, postless which works well for single coils, micro coils, twisted wires just nothing fancy like claptons and things which may be too big to fit in the postless holes.

Super easy to wick. If laid on its side a little bit of juice will collect around the top where the fill ports are due to the swivel open top and the silicone seal not being 100% perfect. It doesn't pour out but there will be a drop around the hinge area. I love how simple it is to clean and remove the tank to rewick. Unscrewing it from the deck automatically closes the juice flow ports so it doesn't have to be turned upside down or anything. Screwing it back on the juice flow doesn't open back up until it's tightened back to the deck. I've even used it like a poor man's dripper that way, soaking the wick, screw the empty tank back on and vape it when trying new flavors. Don't like that flavor just pull the wick out, shove another in and good to go. No tucking.

(Not my image, just to show the way the wick lays across the deck and the ends are trimmed past the grooves notched out of the deck wall.)
12918616_1595421137440966_543367887_n.jpg

I'll check out that Bachelor tank..Thank you for your input....The kayfun V5 is on my list...I have some of the older version 1 and 2's ill still visit time to time but certainly too restrictive for how I now vape.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Other single coils to look at are the original Merlin, the Serpent mini, and the Goblin mini v3 which has a single coil deck. If you don't mind a single coil block the Bellus also performs well with a single coil.

VU Sponsors